Kalafina 「into the world / Märchen」20th single (Release April 5, 2017)

^ Its not LE A (+DVD) of single is 1,500 yen (tax included) while LE B (+BD) 1,700 yen (tax included)

Anime Edition is the same price as BD though.

Anyways, probably a wise (if dickish) move since I assume that one is going to be the main seller. :p Then again it's just 200 yen.

And there is also the fact someone draws the anime coverart while taking 3 photos with some cages windows lamps clocks and ladders around is far easier usually.

And there is also the fact someone draws the anime coverart while taking 3 photos with some cages windows lamps clocks and ladders around is far easier usually.
Setting up the photo shoot wouldn't be "easy", IMO. A lot of help is hired for the set design, photography, lighting, make up, etc.

^ Οh so they filmed it now ? Interesting ! That might mean we will finally get PVs from different director (unless they moved the whole Kalafina staff without any change over to Sacra.)

I don't know if it was already posted, but I don't recall seeing it. I've just seen this in a fanpage in Facebook, regarded as "[Single] into the world/Märchen":

16996160_1372814906072516_229323318432814965_n.jpg

Edit: Ok, now they've uploaded real images, I'll try to attach them asap.

[Single] into the world/Märchen Limited Edition Type A (w/ DVD)

16938980_1372818826072124_2403529840748897010_n.jpg

[Single] into the world/Märchen Limited Edition Type A (w/ Blu-ray)

17021441_1372818852738788_9014082490555058328_n.jpg

[Single] into the world/Märchen Regular Edition (CD only)

16938781_1372818879405452_7882640753096102533_n.jpg

[Single] into the world/Märchen Anime Edition (w/ DVD)

16997903_1372818939405446_3981702951888168456_n.jpg

[Single] into the world/Märchen Vinyl Edition

16997772_1372818986072108_503538133160770335_n.jpg

Sorry for the double post :rain:

Looks like 5 second mock-up. Their album covers get worse by the day, I swear. The font for the title is nice, and I appreciate that we can read them now.

But did they have to put that water overlay there? It's more appropriate for far on the water which had no actual water on the cover.

The dresses aren't good too. The sleeves are unflattering and Keiko in all of the photos looks awkward. If I had to pick the best one it'd have to be the LE Type A BD

[Single] into the world/Märchen Vinyl Edition

16997772_1372818986072108_503538133160770335_n-jpg.18594.jpg
This is the only one that looked good imo, even though these covers are cheap as hell. The other ones look seem as if they were thinking, "Let's put Vaseline on our faces!!!!! It'll look GREEEEAAAAT!!!"

But did they have to put that water overlay there? It's more appropriate for far on the water which had no actual water on the cover.
I agree. It looks like something I could do in Photoshop in literally 5 minutes and it doesn't really fit, especially with Märchen. I can see it with into the world (as in having to cross the oceans to explore the world), but it's still a bit out of place.

FotW should've had this style cover (though more polished) cause it actually has water on it, and this single should've had FotW's cover cause that both fits the World aspect of ITW & the fairytale aspect of Märchen.

They look kinda sweaty, right? I agree with @Westkana in this. That's why I prefer the vinyl cover. However, I don't find them ugly. They're just... I don't know, they could have done it way better. I also don't like the shadows. Maybe that's what bothers in the other covers. Not sure about that.

FotW should've had this style cover (though more polished) cause it actually has water on it, and this single should've had FotW's cover cause that both fits the World aspect of ITW & the fairytale aspect of Märchen.

I can't agree more!

Wtf why are their faces so shiny?? :(
I actually don't mind the dresses themselves, but the actual poses and editing and stuff seem super cheap.
Best one is the Vinyl one.

Tracklist has been also revealed along with those covers on their blog (might get LE B, LP and anime XD)
http://lineblog.me/kalafina/archives/67130822.html

「into the world / メルヒェン」

Limited Edition A (CD+DVD)
Tracklist:
CD:
01. into the world
02. Märchen (メルヒェン)
03. Haru wo Matsu (春を待つ)
04. into the world -instrumental-

DVD:「into the world」Music Video

Limited Edition B (CD+BD)
Tracklist:
CD:
01. into the world
02. Märchen (メルヒェン)
03. Haru wo Matsu (春を待つ)

Bluray:「into the world」Music Video

Regular Edition
Tracklist:
CD:
01. into the world
02. Märchen (メルヒェン)
03. Haru wo Matsu (春を待つ)

Anime Edition (CD+DVD)
Tracklist:
CD:
01. into the world
02. Märchen (メルヒェン)
03. Haru wo Matsu (春を待つ)
04. Märchen (メルヒェン) -instrumental-
05. Märchen (メルヒェン) -Anime size-

DVD:
01. 「Märchen (メルヒェン)」Music Video
02. 「Kubikiri Cycle Aoiro Servant」 Creditless Ending 1
03. 「Kubikiri Cycle Aoiro Servant」 Creditless Ending 2

Analog Edition
Tracklist:
01. into the world
02. Märchen (メルヒェン)
03. Haru wo Matsu (春を待つ)
05. Märchen (メルヒェン) -instrumental-
06. Märchen (メルヒェン) -Anime size-

I don't like how their faces are shining.. I expect something more. Why the theme of the water? It's into the world, not into the water...

Yay! New song! The title remind me Haru wa kogane no yume (I hope I write the title correctly). It would be ballad I think.

perhaps they thought that because the oceans cover the majority of the Earth's surface there's a good chance the girls can be into the water when they are into the world :XD:

Me too i think the covers are super lazy, all they did is a simple photoshoot and then photoshop
The blue is probably from Kunagisa Tomo's hair, rather than the sea.

and what with this naughty stare of Kunagisa in the anime ver ? The actual character seems to be never like that :S

i win on what the AE dvd had. So to have both pvs you need to by 2 editions of the single.

Last edited:
Yay, new song!
From the looks of the title, it's probably gonna be some sort of ballad, which...meh. Kalafina ballads haven't exactly been great recently. still not over Hokage
Also, I think I would've preferred an instrumental for Marchen over into the word for the RE + LE CD's. I feel that the beat and instrumentation of that song would be much more interesting to listen to on its own than into the world, but meh that's just me.

Also this is the first time (i think) that in a Kalafina single the Vinyl isnt a copy paste of the anime edition cover :)

The creditless ending 1 and 2 refer to the one in ep 1 and the one that's present in the rest of the episodes.

Last edited:
For the shiny faces. For me it looks like in the CD pics they used a beamer or whatever to put the oecan picture on the plain white wall behind the girls and they are "shiny" because of the beamer projection. They could have at least useda bit of blot powder to reduce thsi effect on their faces.

Back