Kalafina 「into the world / Märchen」20th single (Release April 5, 2017)

Same old PV. Hikaru looks very ummm... unfortunate in this outfit. Keiko is pulling it off. Wakana looks okay. Strong wind is strong.

I really like that jackets!! *^* They look so so elegant!! The PV organization is the same, a little bit static; I would like to see more moviment like in Moonfesta or TTB, but they're too too beautiful!!

The PV looks exactly as I expected, but seems pretty decent for now. They look much better than in the covers (even if not their best) and the dresses look much better as well. However I'm not sure about the jackets, they're elegant, but at the same time it looks more like somehing improvised so the girls don't catch a cold rather than a "real" part of the oufit. I don't know how to explain. Also, don't think Hikaru 's jacket works well at all with the dress shape.
And that beach it's really beautiful ♥
For Marchen's PV, I'd prefer it to be something dark, but with some gothic-baroque-exotic feel. Like something in between Fairytale and lacrimosa. But I don't think we`re getting it.:cry:

KEIKO looks so elegant at the beginning ^_^

WAKANA'S HAIR UGH ITS SO GRANDMA

HIKARU looked so cute in her solo shots, i felt. i liked the wind on her hair and her squinty happy smile

The problem with these edits is that they make Keiko look more like Saeki Kayako.
lmao so true
you can't do much edit on a photo when their poses and expressions are way too awkward to begin with, if anything any further edits make them look even worse
i hate how almost their covers have them looked stoic/bored/angry...why they can't just let them smile like in one of hikari no senritsu cover.

what bothers me the most is how dark wakana's neck looked...like if you're going to make the face as white as possible do it all the way to the neck lol how come her neck skin tone was darker than her face when the face shadowed the neck...the make up artist did it all the way to hikaru, why not to wakana. almost everything about the production of this single seeemed to be done in rush and almost unprofessional (which is weird because they recorded the songs way ages ago). their style designer didn't even try with hikaru's jacket...it's a white boy gakuran without buttons but the topmost one...their hair stylist didn't even try with hikaru's hair (don't give me because her hair is short, that's not a reason lmao) as per @grunty said, she simply looked unfortunate in the pv

i'm on the team no to the jacket and no to the pants...why all the different outfits with different themes and styles jumbled up together.

hoping marchen mv will be somewhat better
i'm complaining though it's useless. it's not like they're gonna change the cover like the fans wanted it so we may as well just let it go as it's done and probably those are printed anyway

I prefer the live version waaaaay more than this one. Their voices really sound strange. Especially Wakana. I'm not saying this because of my general opinion on neo-Kalafina, it really does sound strange!?

I don't comment on the dresses so much but I think it best suits Hikaru (besides the wind) with that cute hair style haha.

I prefer the live version waaaaay more than this one. Their voices really sound strange. Especially Wakana. I'm not saying this because of my general opinion on neo-Kalafina, it really does sound strange!?
Agreed. Wakana is singing in this more towards the back of her throat rather than more of a rounder tone in the live. Granted, there is nearly a year between when the song was recorded and now (6-8 months between it and the Arena live), so that contributes to it.

I have to agree that the location choice is much better than blaze or one light, but man, a beach-themed PV in a ball room outfit is weird haha, couldnt they do it in shorts ? What are they pretending to be in this outfit ?

Keiko's hairstyle is strange, and they have put that fan which blows their dresses in the wrong direction

big waves we see = wind blowing towards the beach
fan = opposite direction lol

Last edited:
the dresses themselves are okay, so are the jackets and pants. they just don't belong together. the initial dresses are all graceful yet the jackets and the pants are so professional and business-like. despite like what someone's said that the middle part of their initial dresses is badly tailored (which is painfully obvious in Keiko's dress), the dresses themselves are quite nice actually. i just don't like how way too high the collar on Keiko's dress is, which makes it the badly tailored part of her dress even more obvious.

i'm still waiting the day they come back with the corsets.

not without that lace collar, it's fine and goes well with her dress but it's way too high as it nearly touches her chin. imo the collar should just reach the middle part of her neck.

In retrospect, Wakana's neutral expression, Keiko's 'caught by surpise' expression and Hikaru's seductress pose make very little sense within the context of the song.
Maybe that's more for Märchen? I agree it doesn't make sense for ITW, though it fits better for Märchen

Ooh I'm late, I'm only just watching this.

As for the studio song edit, I love it and don't think it sounds weird at all regardless of Wakana's past and present sound. The jackets were a jaw-droppingly intelligent fashion moment that both completely redeemed the original garments seen on the cover and upped the elegance in an unexpected way for my personal, most recent view of them. I actually wish they would be full tailcoats but these neo-Victorian blazers on Keiko and Wakana are still very gorgeous. Keiko's high collar is also very fitting now compared to the dress as a standalone item. The aesthetic is very pleasing and encourages multiple replays.

Cons: Hikaru's jacket was not made for her dress (or vice versa), although she looks very good in the style. Also seeing the dresses both as a whole and in movement, they should have been less . . . well, extra, regarding the extra chiffon layers over the underskirts (or pants in Wakana's case). There could have just been one overlay that split at the front center around the waist and it would have still blown beautifully even without the excess volume. I believe Hikaru also has one layer spilling out of the remaining space her jacket leaves and I was just so disappointed. She should have been given a full aristocratic coat as I believe her dress has the most varied cuts of fabric at and under the waist. I have no problem with most of their more stoic PVs as I enjoy being pulled in to just appreciate the harmonies, aesthetic and fashion but this does seem very stoic as mentioned before.

While I am kind of intrigued that they have pants in this PV (I was so excited when Hikaru started wearings jeans in some of their lives), this just...doesn't work. They wanted a cross between a dress and slacks and then got these really garish looking pantsuits.

Also, the really like filming PVs on a beach front scene don't they...

This is partially my problem with Japanese PVs in general, that once a band feels they are established enough and have a brand, they really stick to it like no other and will basically recycle old PV and costume ideas. I think the difference for me is that I have been following Kalafina for so long, seeing yet another PV where they stare aimlessly at a beach or grassy spring field scenery (usually wearing white) is just soooo stale and boring for me. Their other flavor of PV is filming in a gothic-esque type background and darker clothes, but really, these are their two staples, and it is just so dull.

I do tend to really like Hikaru the most out of all whenever their stuff gets really stale or repetitive. She's usually the freshest or most unique out of the three whenever they get designed or assigned in something like this. (I have no idea how the creative process for developing the image of a song works, but I assume that they have less control in this part then most people would assume).

Sorry for the big complain-fest. It's just...man I really want something new and experimental from them. Their voices are lovely as always, there's no denying that. I just wish they were doing something different.

God we can see how badly Keiko's dress was tailored even more clearly
Was that Gin no Niwa PV set reused though lol

Sleeping Keiko <3

UGH, DRESSMAKER.

YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IF WEIGHING THE MIDDLE HEM OF THE GARMENT DOWN WITH SO MUCH BOTTOM FABRIC WOULD WIDEN AND HINDER THE UPPER BODY, YOU SHOULD HAVE SACRIFICED THE AMOUNT DOWN TO 1 OR 2 INSTEAD OF 12 AND SINCHED THE WAIST IN.

OR JUST DO BETTER IN GENERAL. DID THE UPPER BODIES OF THEIR HOLIDAY DRESSES LOOK THIS BAD UP CLOSE? I REALLY HOPE THEY'RE TAILORED FOR LIVE STUFF.

Anyway, I don't really like this new middle section, because the color combination of their wardrobe and the background dark blue/purple is offsetting to me personally. I'm sure I'll love it in the future, same as the album covers. But as a whole regarding their PV history, their one- or two-setting videos, I'm personally fine with them because they've almost always gotten the aesthetic of the song right and stayed with it (in my personal taste their strongest example would be Magia and most off would be YnD but that's just me).

Last edited:
wow i love the indoor shots too ! This must be the first pv where they arent only inside or only outside XD

btw i see the RHH logo in the corner, do they use the PV as ending sequence ?

Back