Kalafina in Budokan 28 February - 01 March 2015

That super old perfomance from Where the lights are is too beautiful, she just sound like an angel ♥ But I still have faith in Wa-chan coming back to that voice :TdT:

On the other hand, Kokia does not only have one of the most impressive voices I have ever heard, but there's something about her that captivates me as well. She seems always so sweet, so peaceful, so pure. Every song of her does speak to me, you can really see how much heart she puts when singing them. :dote:
Sorry for the off topic, tho

^ afaik that where the lights are performance was with lipsync / playback, if i remember well previous discussions about it. I was talking about the CD ver before

^^REALLY??!?! I had no idea :omg: I'm so used to Kajiura girls (and most of japanese singers besides idols and such) singing live that I didn't ever considerated that option. I mean, I know some parts are playback (specially on armonies) but faking the whole perfomance is just... dissapointting :vortex:
Anyway, playback or not, the vocals on Where the lights are are gorgeous and heavenly :dote:

On the 2010-2013 disc imo the performance of where the lights are is "meh" at best. Though normally I prefer her newer sound, that song is one that suffers with it. Her falsetto is waaay too light to balance the rest of the song, and she's singing towards the front of her mouth (which I don't like period anyway, even with her newer voice).

On the 2010-2013 disc imo the performance of where the lights are is "meh" at best. Though normally I prefer her newer sound, that song is one that suffers with it. Her falsetto is waaay too light to balance the rest of the song, and she's singing towards the front of her mouth (which I don't like period anyway, even with her newer voice).
I love that performance. Mainly because she sounds so raw. I enjoy the suffering; it sounds real and unprocessed (unless it was already heavily processed and she still sounds like that lmao). I also love YURIKO as the lower harmony.

I also love how fragile WAKANA sounds at "ano michi no hikari ni naretara..."

Back