Kalafina - Heavenly Blue Lyrics

@Hatouchan lol it's really hard for me to write romaji. can you believe it's also hard for me to read it? lol

& i actually hear び during このびをまもる。i heard 美 being used as び frequently instead of 美しさ back in japan. but who knows. we will find out next week? and it's super hard to differentiate between mi and bi lol & thanks for your input! it's nice to know that my hearing is still good lol hikaru was pretty difficult to understand the first listen. took me about 4 listens to actually be able to understand it...
I've updated your romaji to "bi".

It's hard for me to read romaji too. It's just as bad as reading all hiragana/katakana for me. Writing wise, I just did it as I would type Japanese on a qwerty keyboard, except with English and changing those ha to wa since that seems to be the norm.

One wonders why we're trying so hard, bleeding our ears out listening to a low quality rip when the album and official lyrics comes out in under a week. lol. But the only hard part was Hikaru's. The rest was pretty easy.

@george1234
Since nimsaj seems to be doing the interview, I took a look at the Hanako to Anne musicians. But that scan of the booklet is pretty horrible. Or rather, horrible with respect to how cluttered tiny Kanji can get. I'll give it a try though. Will take quite a while to google and check that I've got the reading right.
It would really help if there was a higher resolution booklet scan. Higher than the one in that MF link...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hatouchan i'll be on vacation when the official lyrics come out :touched:so i'm glad the song got leaked when it did. that way i don't have to wait until i come back haha. idk if it's 身 or 美 and さらされた or さされた...either way, they both make sense. i'll update the translation so it can show both versions.

I have not gotten them yet, George. I will probably get them on Tues, usually that's when I get it when I order the fastest shipping possible. If I get them before anyone else I will put them up.

@arqnohikari thank you! :innocent:i'll be on vacation from the 12th to the 19th, so i won't be able to get on when you post them. :touched:

@Liana_Ilia i think @george1234 was talking about the hanako to anne ost? lol not sure if that's what he meant.

@Hatouchan after asking a japanese friend, she hears 身 (which was my first choice, but the second time i swear i heard a b instead of an m lol) and 身を守る is actually a common phrase that means to defend one's self.

@arqnohikari thank you! :innocent:i'll be on vacation from the 12th to the 19th, so i won't be able to get on when you post them. :touched:

@Liana_Ilia i think @george1234 was talking about the hanako to anne ost? lol not sure if that's what he meant.

@Hatouchan after asking a japanese friend, she hears 身 (which was my first choice, but the second time i swear i heard a b instead of an m lol) and 身を守る is actually a common phrase that means to defend one's self.
Yes, which is why I went with that as well.

@Liana_Ilia
Don't worry about it. I've already googled my way out of the small Kanji. Musician credits are done for Hanako. With Kanji too!

@arqnohikari
Well, I'll be getting the album as well but I'll leave it to you if you want to do it. I'll just do a quick check when you're done. I think what we have now is already mostly correct. It's just the choice of Kanji that may differ.

@Hatouchan I didnt know about it so I got so excited lol. I swear a third of my vocab comes from Kajiura's lyrics, which is why I got a pretty amazing grade for a japanese literature/poetry class I took some time ago. Didn't help me much on the N2 though...

No, I did read the message George, just did not understand it. heh Thanks for all the work everyone. (Wow nimsaj, a lit/poetry class? That sounds interesting. I need to start looking for Jap classes for the language.)

@nimsaj
Okay. Now I definitely hear 術などない. I heard it clearly during a casual listen. Funny how it suddenly sounds so clear.

Well, i'm wrote a Kajiurago for heavenly blue, please check and correct if wrong somewhere.
In some places it's too quiet and hard to hear it.

(alsti imio solta mia)

(solta estia)

(mistiosa)

(altisti sola iya afiti ola
amita asore imente
sarito altiya
mistiosa iya kamito sola
amita ifita asore ista
gloria)

Your collective efforts were spot on (with the exeption of one single iru/miru which could be a typo on their part?). Here's the lyrics from the booklet:

君が見る夢は
古いインクで紙に書いた祈りのよう
小さなその手が縋るものも
今はまだ何処にも無い
それでも君の行く道を
奇麗なものは奇麗なままで
守り続けたいと思うよ

空と水が星を染めて
淡く虹を描いて散って
眩しい夜君が歌う
声は何処まで届くのだろう

憧れの住まう
蒼い星のひかり
ただ僕らは恋をして
たったひとつの未来の為に
今の全て奏でてみる
飛び立つよ
まだ暗い空へ

君の囁きは
閉じた心を切り裂いてく刃のよう
無邪気な光に晒された
この身を守る術など無い眩しさという哀しみを
瞬きもせず受け止めている
君を守りたいと思うよ

何処から来て何処まで行く
かつて生まれた場所に立って
何を思い何を探す
僕は何処まで届くのだろう

君を招いてる
蒼い星のひかり
遠ざかるほど奇麗に
たったひとつの願いのように
闇の中で揺れている
手を伸ばす
まだ暗い空へ

遙かなる調べ
蒼い星のひかり
ただ誰もが恋をして
たったひとつの未来の為に
今の全て奏でている

君が夢見るなら
側に立って
同じ彼方へ手を伸ばすよ
君が信じた静かな空に
いつか僕も届くだろう
何処までも眩しい
heavenly blue

Your collective efforts were spot on (with the exeption of one single iru/miru which could be a typo on their part?)
That 奏でてみる and 奏でている. Interesting. I reckon it will be clearer with a better quality rip but I can definitely hear the "mi" in the first one now. It's definitely intentional and not a typo. The change in meaning and progression makes sense.

@nimsaj
Well, turns out it is sarasareta. lol

Here is the corrected version @george1234

@Hatouchan I could of sworn it was sasareta now but I guess it was what my ear first heard lol

the dream you see is like a prayer
that was written on paper with aged ink.
the things your small hands grasp for
are still nowhere to be found.

even so, i have decided that i want to continue to protect the path you walk,
whilst keeping the beautiful things the way they are.

the sky and the water dye the stars,
they faintly draw a rainbow and break away.
in the dazzling night, i wonder just how far
the voice you sing will reach?

within the light of the blue star, where our yearning resides,
we simply fall in love.
we try to play with everything we have now
for the sake of that one future.
we shall surely fly away,
towards the sky that is still dark

your whisper is like a sword
that is tearing my closed heart into pieces.
there is no method or anything
to protect this body that was exposed
to the innocent light.

i decided that i want to protect you,
who is facing a sadness known as brightness
without blinking.

where did you come from?
just how far are you going?
having stood at your birthplace only once in the past,
what did you think about? what will you search for?
and just how far will i reach?

the light of the blue star that is beckoning you
is so beautifully swaying within the darkness
that it disappears, just like that one wish.
i stretch out my hand towards the sky that is still dark.

within the light of the blue star
and a melody that becomes distant,
everyone simply falls in love.
we are playing with everything we have now
for the sake of that one future.

If it's for your own dream,
I will surely stretch out my hand towards
the same distance as you and stand by your side.
i wonder if i will someday reach
the quiet sky you believed in?

a heavenly blue
that is endlessly radiant.

@nimsaj hey, sorry for being idle before, I was kind of busy while people here were torturing themselves trying to figure out the low-quality rip... so I thought I'd just wait a few more days for the official kanji :XD:

Are you 100% sure about your translation? Why are some parts in italic, do you have any questions about them or was it just a mistake?

EDIT: I happened to have a few minutes at the office and double-checked it myself... looks ok, except さらされた, the way I understand it "sarasu" means "to expose" and "sarasareru" means "to be exposed", so I understand "無邪気な光に晒された" as "exposed to the bright light" (maybe like an old-school camera film that was exposed to the light? the light is innocent but the film is still broken)

And I also think that the kanji below it should be split to two, because it's two completely different phrases:
この身を守る術など無い
眩しさという哀しみを

If I find more time I'll check the rest, I even struggled to finish this post because a colleague called me :desksweat:

EDIT 2: Things got slightly calmer now, and I came across a few more things:

1) かつて生まれた場所に立って - I understand it as "having stood at your birthplace only once in the past" (I was a bit unsure myself too so I looked it up, see the first example here: http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/srch/all/かつて/m0u/ ), which in turn would be interpreted as "never having returned to the place you were born" or something... In any case, I don't think "katsute" could be used for something that's happening now, it's more like "once in the past"...

2) 君が夢見るなら - this is just a subtle hint, not that what you wrote is wrong, but if you focus more on the 君 than on the 夢見る, it becomes something like "if it's for your own dream"... so it's more like "keep dreaming and I'll be with you" than "if you start dreaming I'll be with you".

:bow:

Back