Kalafina - Heavenly Blue Lyrics

@yuki.n hey! Nice to hear from you again :) and it's in italics since im currently on vacation and my phone makes it impossible to highlight the italicized part and fix it lol thank you for the corrections. I always love a second pair of eyes :) the only thing I kinda disagree with you (I hope you don't mind) is the bright light since I've never heard mujaki being used as bright. I've always seen it used as innocent or something. What do you think? Btw I've fixed the translation to out it what yuki.n corrected @george1234

@nimsaj :imdead: :vortex: Yeah of course, it's innocent and not bright...... I was at the office and I simply brainfarted there :spotlight: gomen!!!!! :bow:

Kimi ga miru yume wa
Furui inku de kami ni kaita inori no you
Chiisana sono te ga sugaru mono mo
Ima wa mada doko ni mo nai
Soredemo kimi no yuku michi wo
Kirei na mono wa kirei na mama de
Mamoritsuzuketai to omou yo

Sora to mizu ga hoshi wo somete
Awaku niji wo egaite chitte
Mabushii yoru kimi ga utau
Koe wa doko made todoku no darou

Akogare no sumau
Aoi hoshi no hikari
Tada bokura wa koi wo shite
Tatta hitotsu no mirai no tame ni
Ima no subete kanadetemiru
Tobitatsu yo
Mada kurai sora e

Kimi no sasayaki wa
Tojita kokoro wo kirisaiteku yaiba no you
Mujaki na hikari ni sarasareta
Kono mi wo mamoru sube nado nai mabushisa to iu kanashimi wo
Mabataki mo sezu uketometeiru
Kimi wo mamoritai to omou yo

Doko kara kite doko made yuku
Katsute umareta basho ni tatte
Nani wo omoi nani wo sagasu
Boku wa doko made todoku no darou

Kimi wo maneiteru
Aoi hoshi no hikari
Toozakaru hodo kirei ni
Tatta hitotsu no negai no you ni
Yami no naka de yureteiru
Te wo nobasu
Mada kurai sora e

Harukanaru shirabe
Aoi hoshi no hikari
Tada dare mo ga koi wo shite
Ima no subete kanadeteiru

Kimi ga yumemiru nara
Soba ni tatte
Onaji kanata e te wo nobasu yo
Kimi ga shinjita shizuka na sora ni
Itsuka boku mo todoku darou
Doko made mo mabushii
heavenly blue

Actualy you only have to edit it a bit, George :XD: (edit) fixed the miru.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I can't help with japanese text, here is my attempt at transcripting the kajiurago parts (using the timelapse function of VLC):

at the beginning: sti mia solta iya

the bridge :
aquisti sola iliya
almiti yaola
amita masone imete salita maltika
anistio muna iya
manita sora
onito imiya
masone misto
maliya

I tried listening to kajiurago from the niconico live.:cheer:

[kasti mia somalia]

[sodistia]

[mistioso]

[kantisti sonta dia
maliti ola
(diya) adita
(a) asole
imente
salita martita

amisti ola dia
malita sola
adito
(sali) idiya
masole
isto gloria]

the long kajiurago bridge is kinda confusing to write down. the () is for the part which--in live version--Hikaru sung in different tempo, meaning earlier than Wakana and Keiko. it's unclear in mp3 version though :notlistening:

EDIT: forgot a line heheh

Just one small little correction, @george1234
Sora to mizu ga hoshi wo somete
Awaku niji wo egaite chitte
Mabushii yoru kimi ga utau
Koe wa doko made todoku no darou

Akogare no sumau
Aoi hoshi no hikari
Tada bokura wa koi wo shite
Ima no subete kanadetemiru
Tobitatsu yo
Mada kurai sora e

According to the official lyrics posted, the first kanadete is with a miru (bolded in quote above), second one is correct with an iru.

@nimsaj, @yuki.n
I can't remember the previous version, but here's my take on the line you two were discussing:
かつて生まれた場所に立って
Standing at the place from whence I was/we were born

I think you're looking at it as [かつて] [生まれた場所に立って]
I look at it as [かつて生まれた場所][に立って]
I think if it were the former case, it would be in past tense with 立った

Talking about something that happened in the distant past, yes, but that's about the birthplace. I think it's obvious to whom this line is referring to. Either it's that one character, revealed in episode 1 to actually be from earth, where he was born but no longer sides with, hence in the past.
Or actually all the characters were once from earth, despite those in space attacking earth and is now referring to themselves as non-earthlings. In this case, I'd even add "once" to make it "Standing at the place from whence we were once born". ("once" don't really make sense when we're talking about one person, since that person was in fact born there, whereas if it's a general we thing, it can refer to their ancestors)

Somehow I missed it lol I typed it when it's almost my time off from my part-time job so I didn't double-check it. Thanks Hatou!

@Hatouchan thats the version I had lol thats how I understood it since i related it to episode 1. I understood katsute with umareta.

What do you think @yuki.n ?

@nimsaj @Hatouchan okay, I haven't watched the anime, and now that Hatouchan mentioned it, it could go both ways to me, so if you say the other way makes more sense... :XD:

@yuki.n not that what you told me was wrong lol both are right. but i guess it makes more sense if かつて is with 生まれた. and @Hatouchan it doesn't have to be 立った since the sentence/thought is continuing, so たって could be たった for all we know. japanese is so ambiguous sometimes lol even after studying it for so long, i feel as though there are times where japanese doesn't make sense to me :XD:

@george1234 here is the verse corrected

where did you come from?
just how far are you going?
As we stand at the place from whence we were once born,
what will we think about? what will we search for?
and just how far will i reach?

ps @yuki.n i have brainfarts too, so no worries lol (sorry i didn't see the reply until now >.<)

Back