Kalafina Documentary Movie (BD Release June 13/2018)

@Keiri
Thanks for the information. I didn't manage to get a ticket... They must have sold out in under thirty seconds. I guess I wasn't the only one lurking around the convenience store waiting for 10:00...
I'm kind of worried that the ordinary showing tickets will also sell out, but I guess there's nothing to do but just go and try to make it work.

@Puddle Boots
Damn, that sucks. :(. Yeah, competing for popular tickets is almost always a losing battle unless you get incredibly lucky.

By "ordinary showing" tickets, do you mean tickets for just the movie screening without stage greeting? Those should be easier to get. And if you plan on using your movie ticket card, you can still grab yourself a space. I reckon spaces in Tokyo could run out somewhat quickly throughout the limited screening period. Worse comes to worst, you could try online booking a space in Kawasaki or Saitama. There had been times when I ended up doing that when all seats in Tokyo were booked out. A bit to travel but at least I got to watch. ||OTL

All the best in securing your ticket! I think you'll be okay! :goodjob:

@Keiri Yeah, it looks like I'll be going for either Kanagawa or Saitama. To be really honest, as much as I wanted to see Kalafina do the stage greeting, I wanted to reduce the stress of dealing with the movie ticket card by just getting a guaranteed ticket at least as much...
But I think it will work out. Slightly more travel time, but nothing to when I made my poor mother drive seven hours so I could see the premier of Rebellion... Glad those days are over.

Edit: I would like to remind all (as I was reminded by the nice movie theater employee at 8:00 this morning) that tickets and ticket card exchanges for the Kalafina Documentary (as with all films shown at Toho Theaters) can only be made up to two days in advance. This means that there is absolutely no way that the movie will sell out completely until the 10th of April. I was worried because I thought the entire two-week run would sell out this morning (or yesterday, in the case of Tokyo) but it turns out I was completely wrong! Goodness, I wasted so much stress on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a day until the movie is released :comeback:
I really wish after these crazy months filled with rumours, we can finally get some decent information about the "future of Kalafina"I'm actually pretty nervous about this! :hide::hide:
Announcement of DVD/Blu-ray release of the 10th Anni would be welcome as well, PLEASE!. They've been milking Kalafina to hell and back last years, at least keep milking them and release the damn live everyone is waiting for.

First impressions, the movie gives the same feeling as we're experienced lately /-:.

Ku-Sacra ensured that no complete and uninterrupted songs appeared (Alleluia was complete from the 10th anniversary live but interrupted).

Yuki Kajiura was never mentioned as far as I could tell, except as composer / lyricist of songs.

I am guessing that a 10th anniversary live will be released, maybe with this movie as a bonus.

Complete agreement with @Kugayama in response to the film. I was astonished that Kajiura only came up in the credits, and even then only as the composer/lyricist. She wasn't credited as their producer and she appeared in no part of the film.

As for what they said about their future... Part of the interview section seemed very dubious, though I think I might only have interpreted it that way because of all the context. They said things like "I will definitely remember these ten years for the rest of my life." and "I don't know what will happen from now on, but these ten years have been very important." It was all very vague and not satisfying as I had really hoped for some solid news.

On another note, after I worried myself sick trying to ensure I'd get a ticket before the entire two week run sold out, I arrived in the movie theater to find it mostly empty. 40-50 people at the very most. In a theater equipped to fit approximately 300. That in itself is worrisome, though I suppose it was kind of a late showing. How was the turn out in other venues? (I ended up going to Kanagawa...)

The goods were good~ There's a pamphlet that I wasn't expecting, and almost didn't buy because it was hiding.

Thank you for all your reports and articles sharing!
To be honest I feel kinda dissapointed, I have been waiting for this movie since it was announced. With all the drama going on and the lack of official announcements, I though it might be because they had something big on the movie and wanted to keep as a surprise. Idk, disbanding, Keiko (or someone else) leaving, a new member, a new album, a live release. But zero real information about the "future" of Kalafina.
I can't blame the girls, I'm sure it's being hard for them and they want to avoid all the drama. But I wish someone made a real announcement to stop with all these rumours. Please, someone put end to this suffering already :comeback:
Anyway, I still want to see the movie, and the dresses are really pretty *v*

@ritardando Continue as a duo... I hadn't even considered that, and I can't really imagine it. Especially as a duo not containing Keiko. Knowing how essential she is both musically and socially to the group, and having now seen in the movie that she also acts as a "representative of the three [singers] to negotiate the details of the performance" (obviously an approximate quote, I don't have a perfect memory) meaning stage movements and things, it seems ever more impossible that Kalafina would be able to exits without her. Though that said, I'm getting less and less inclined to believe she's actually going anywhere. For all my claims that I'd rather see Kalafina disband than see them sing anyone else's music, I'm not really ready for them to disband either.
That was another fun* thing about the film: interpreting the chosen songs with Kalafina as the subject, which was new to me. For example, Hikarifuru, 「私がどこにもいなくなっても、全てを照らす光の中いつも君の側にいるから」and Alleluia「全てが静かに燃える日まで」were especially intense.

That was another fun* thing about the film: interpreting the chosen songs with Kalafina as the subject, which was new to me. For example, Hikarifuru, 「私がどこにもいなくなっても、全てを照らす光の中いつも君の側にいるから」and Alleluia「全てが静かに燃える日まで」were especially intense.
I haven't seen what the featured songs are, but another song that has a different image for me after all of this is Mirai. Not really with the lyrics (though sort of), but more the mood of the song- it reflects what I'm feeling about it in general. While I'm optimistic, I still am worried about what's going to happen- and if something does happen, I just know that every good thing (unfortunately) has to come to an end, and I'm eternally thankful for the 10 years and 100 songs they dedicated to us.

Back