Kalafina - Chibi Fanart

J

juchanx3

Hi! I put a lot of effort here...hope you like this :) I'll give this as a gift to Kalafina in the next year. I hope I can draw more until the Mexico's concert.

kalafina_chibi.jpg

Thank you for the compliments!
I'm currently working in a new drawing... after I finish I'll show you. :3

If you don't mind taking my advice (and I guess a slight criticism), I'd say possibly move the eyes a *little* closer together. It's cute as hell, but it's verging a bit on uncanny valley. The hair looks right though and the proportions are adorable, they kinda remind me a little of fumo plushies. And those dresses are just spectacular. I don't know how you did it, but they look almost identical to the actual thing and have a lot of depth to them.

@Seasonreaper It is okay, if I adjust the eyes digitally?... This is a "real" drawing on paper and because of this I'm not able to change it anymore...

I would have to start it again :@_@: So much work... and I'm already working in another drawing.

It's up to you, it's your drawing. There's nothing wrong with it after all, just a personal preference and a simple suggestion. Try it out digitally and see what you think and you can then decide what you want to do for future images, I wouldn't worry about trying to redo this just for that, it's a lovely drawing and I'm certain the girls will enjoy it.

So... I finally reached a state that I can show you my second drawing.

I don't need to mention how much trouble I've been through to draw this, since I'm not a professional designer. Please give me suggestions where I can improve. :bow: This one is digital, so I can edit it easily.

kalafina_gift_cleaned_end.png

Thanks! :plz: I want to show how much I like them, so I'm putting everything I got >.<'

Added some details, we are on holidays here in Brazil.. so I want to finish it until this Wednesday

kala_gift.jpg

The one thing I would say is that Hikaru's shoulder (her right) looks slightly too far out from her torso, her hand is a little odd too. I can sympathise with that though, hands are absolutely the worst things to draw, I've always had issues with them. The other girls' hands look fine though, it's just Hikaru's. Also you're missing Keiko's beauty mark :omgz:.

Other than that it looks pretty damn lovely. Those dresses are amazing :plz:.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll edit Hikaru shoulder and hands... About this ... I took some pictures of my hands to observe .__.~ and Keiko's mark... I had drawn it, but since I use the smudge tool, the mark continued disappearing. Maybe I should put it in another layer and eliminate this issue.

here's a ref pic that may help with h's shoulder!

tumblr_inline_nodqqaPoLQ1qmh5ey_500.jpg

you drew wakana really well :o (I find her the hardest to draw lmao) but I do think h's facial features are a little off (her nose should be wider at the bottom and I think her forehead should be broader above her eye). this may help...

tumblr_o0u4p3EFUl1rbrbhqo1_500.png

the coloring of the dresses is gorgeousssss (I'd never be able to manage that on paper //sigh)

Thanks @aki :)) Of course someday you'll be able to draw this... :3v I would take years to draw this on paper T-T Last year I started to draw with watercolor... it's too difficult.:faint:

Changed Hikaru's eyes angle a little. Changed her nose too. Brought their arms a little closer to her torso.

This is the final version that I created(of course I'm making some adjustments)... what you think about all the items assembled together?

:imdead:

Full size

kalafina_THE_FINAL.jpg

I still think the bridge of her nose should curve out slightly more, but it does look more like her!

Back