Kalafina Acoustic Tour 2017 ~“+ONE” with Strings~ & “Kalafina with Strings” Christmas Premium LIVE

^regarding to Kalafina on that spice video:
Wakana's style: questionable grandma style.
Those weird shoulders on Keiko's Kalafina dresses are definitely her taste. Why.
Hikaru's wardrobe apparently only consists of all kind of clothes (shirt, t-shirt, dresses, blazer, etc) in black.

^regarding to Kalafina on that spice video:
Wakana's style: questionable grandma style.
Those weird shoulders on Keiko's Kalafina dresses are definitely her taste. Why.
Hikaru's wardrobe apparently only consists of all kind of clothes (shirt, t-shirt, dresses, blazer, etc) in black.

This is not a joke, I did pray for Wakana after watching that video.
However, I don't think Keiko and/or Hikaru truly have much of a critique-able problem.
My one edit is that I understand, appreciate and desire a very large amount of Japanese fashion, especially the fearlessly strong love for vintage along with its combinations of avant-garde accessories. HOWEVER, with that hair, and that color scheme.

Last edited:
Kuga... you are soooo lucky. I would give anything to see a strings concert. I LOVE Yasashii Uta now and have just been playing it as a regular song, like one of their ballads. Wakana sounds so great during this song, how is she live with it? She almost has her old voice here. Also I love Kotonoha as well, and glad they are now performing Kantan, which I can only imagine is so heavenly. Interesting to include faster songs like Hyakka in there, but I guess they did blaze a cappella as well. I want this recorded too along with the 10th anni live, which would be amazing to have both in one bluray... but I can dream.

Just got back from the Concert & filling in the survey. (Gonna have to fax it in, coz I forgot to bring a pen).

All in all: it was AMAZING & a MOVING EXPERIENCE! Right from the first song till the very end! No wonder they're well renowned for the harmonies and chorus work especially in Japan. (It's their main sales point after all). They should seriously do a Video release of an Acoustic Live, coz they do it so well. And the musicians were also on point too! You would think that by stripping songs down to strings and a grand piano, you would lose the mood of the song; BUT not in this case!

Trying to jot down the tracklist before I forget. Need to process it all, and will write up a more detailed report soon!

Set list for the LIVE was:
1. dolce
2. we wish you a merry Christmas

MC#1 - Introductions -

3. sapphire
4. sandpiper
5. Magia
6. Blaze

MC#2 - [Wakana speaking] History about Kalafina's acoustic live/Christmas Premium Lives. Talked about doing Kalafina songs which haven't had an acoustic arrangment --> Oblivious

7. oblivious
8. seventh heaven
9. カンタンカタン
10. Lacrimosa

MC#3 - [Keiko speaking] A bit out of breath from the dramatic arrangement of previous songs. Moving onto to Christmas songs as it is a Christmas Acoustic Live (A bit of humour here)

11. in dulci jubilio
12. Deck the Halls
13. Jingle Bell

MC#4: [Hikaru speaking] - What Hikaru did this morning. Went to Tennoji and ate Takoyaki at Yama Chan’s Best?. Shared about how it was a simple food, but it was so delicious. Related to how often doing things simply is often the most difficult. Moved onto memories of recording 'Hanataba' and how the choice in singing style really was really important in conveying the meaning behind a simple song.

14. 花束
15. 満天
16. 百火撩乱

MC#5: [Keiko speaking] - Talked about the various Winter Illuminations in different towns, eliciting a different atmosphere then what it normally feels like. Transition to Kalafina song titles with '光'

17. ひかりふる
18. 光の旋律
19. into the world

MC#6: [Keiko speaking] Thanking everyone for spending a part of Christmas with Kalafina, and hoping that the final song would spur the audience to spend it moreso with family. + Band Member Introductions.

20. Winter Wonderland

Encore
21. snow falling

MC#7 - Hikaru's Goods Corner + Wakana's awkward chip in afterwards. (WaxKei moments)
- Baumkuchen & also the Sony Walkman Collaboration.

22. have yourself a merry little Christmas

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the correction, @Smiley! ^_^ I thought it was that initially while listening to it live, because it didn’t sound like English lyrics, so I assumed it was ‘In dulci jubilio’. But I looked again on Twitter, and there were some concert goers who said that it was the same set list as yesterday which has ‘From Heaven Above’

Thank you for the report! I'm so happy you enjoyed the live!
But at the same time I hate everyone says it's so amazing and it seems like we never get a live release of any acoustic live. I honestly don't get why release the 9+1 which had a really meh setlist, when we're here dying for acoustic perfomances :touched:

Wow it looked such an amazing live!! I have to see them in an acoustic live too!! Thanks for your report summary!!

https://twitter.com/joujinakata123/status/944415472644059137

あれから一年かぁ…今日も素敵なイブイブライブになるに違いない♪

ファンとしては梶浦由記さんKalafinaさん達の音楽を楽しみ応援するのみ。

DRs8255VQAAtd77.jpg

Wow... those dresses... I like them better than the hot pink ones, but these are kind of like the Marchen outfits which were all over the place. heh Goes to show they can wear anything and look good. Man, they didn't sing Yasashii Uta. It's becoming one of my favorites now. Not just as a wintery song. heh It's just so relaxing. sandpiper and Kantan must have been amazing though! *sigh* Hopefully in their 10th doc we'll see some of these concerts.

20171219_151846188.jpg
20171219_181159834.jpg
:nophoto:
I was at the Tuesday 19/12 concert at row 15. Absolutely breathtaking and worth the trip to Osaka! They definitely sing better at the Japanese venues, and hearing the acoustic versions of songs staple songs like Magia, Manten, Oblivious for the first time was truly something. IMO the acoustic lives are better than the standard shows. One thing that was apparent was how much effort went into the stage design. There were reflective panels on the ceiling, so when you looked up at them the 3 girls in their huge dresses look like literal winter roses.

Thanks for sharing... definitely sounds like a surreal experience!!!! When will they release one on BD lmao

Wow... that must have been something. I want to goooooo so bad. Maybe next year. *sigh* This seems so special, even with the acoustic tour and everything, they sing Christmas songs, which is a little funny to me, but still enjoyable. I laugh when we sing Joy to the World in church because of their version. Please give a report! sapphire must have been so pretty. I want to see it live at least once in my life.

Question: Was there an addictional live added to the Kalafina Acoustic Tour 2017 + ONE “with Strings” series at December 19, because i see it here https://dailysetlist.net/archives/87196 (Osaka) or is it false ?

and question #2 was the setlist really the same for most of these lives, because this is how its shown in that site.

question 3: Dec 20 22 and 23 had same setlist as the one posted here by Mokona ?

Last edited:
Q1 : the setlist of the site is incorrect.

Q2 : the setlist posted by Mokona for Dec 20 is correct. Setlist for Dec 19 - to replace #11 In dulci jubilo with From heaven above only

Q3 : setlist of Dec 19 = Dec 22, Dec 20 = Dec 23

Musicians are the same for all four performances

Piano is Sakurada Hirotaka
First violin is Konno Hitoshi
Second violin is Todo Masahiko
Viola is Shono Masaki
Cello is Nishikata Masateru

Back