Kajiura Yuki at AnimagiC 2023

Here:
https://animagic.de/animagic-2023/yuki-kajiura-fictionjunction/

Meet & Greet mit Yuki Kajiura auf der AnimagiC

Gemeinsam mit SACRA MUSIC dürfen wir im Rahmen der AnimagiC ein Meet & Greet veranstalten, bei dem eine Gruppe von zehn Fans die herausragende Komponistin und Musikerin persönlich treffen kann!

Die Teilnehmenden wurden benachrichtigt und um Terminbestätigung gebeten. Bitte prüft eure E-Mail- und SPAM-Ordner. Plätze von Teilnehmenden, die sich nicht bis 1. August, 24.00 Uhr zurückgemeldet haben, müssen leider neu vergeben werden.

Wir drücken allen Fans die Daumen!

Thanks! It's a pity because I contacted them few days before they published this to ask them if there would be any possibility and they told me no... 😅 Really annoying, because I totally missed the chance... I am even more mad than if there wouldn't have been any chance at all! 😂
If it makes you feel better: Me and my friend applied at the right time and we both didn't get in. Seems like the competition was substantial.

Well, this was special.

Performances were great! Especially the first day!

Tracklist:
Prologue
Parade
Distance
Kaze no machi e (Keiko, only first day)
Fake wings (Joelle, only first day)
Heaven (See-Saw, cover by Kaori, only second day)
Lullaby (from Fiction, cover by Yuriko Kaida, only second day)
Parallel Hearts
Sōkyū no fanfāre (I found strange that she didn't invite Asca and Reona to the stage, specially when they were just backstage, I could see them 😂)
Moonlight melody

Very special. I managed to give a letter to Joelle and I saw she took it inside wirh everyone, so hopefully she read it! I expressed how much I would love to see See-Saw in concert again, so I choose to think she performed Heaven because of this, I wanna live in my Fiction Junction.

I might or might not have recorded everything in audio, if interested I night or might not be able to share 👀

Well, this was special.

Tracklist:
Prologue
Parade
Distance
Parallel Hearts
Sōkyū no fanfāre (I found strange that she didn't invite Asca and Reona to the stage, specially when they were just backstage, I could see them 😂)
Moonlight melody

Very special. I managed to give a letter to Joelle and I saw she took it inside wirh everyone, so hopefully she read it! I expressed how much I would love to see See-Saw in concert again, so I choose to think she performed Heaven because of this, I wanna live in my Fiction Junction.

I might or might not have recorded everything in audio, if interested I night or might not be able to share 👀
Thank you so much for your report!! Anyway yesss please share your recording!! :plz::chuu:

Well, this was special.

Tracklist:
Prologue
Parade
Distance
Parallel Hearts
Moonlight melody

Bretty nice setlist. Everyone got a piano solo with Kajiura.
Plis2share audio of concert~

Weird to call lullaby a Yuriko Kaida cover though, lulz. Unless they specifically performed the FICTION version...

Definitely Yuriko should have sung an extended version of “das wandern”, being a German event lol

Now, seriously. Heaven was so random but a gift for true Kajifans. Did she ever performed that song in previous lives or it was a prelude for the 30th anniversary?

Sorry Lullaby is not a cover, I wrote it quickly and first thing I thought was from album fiction instead of noir...

This is today's, I'll upload Fridays later cause I have it in video format (even if black) and I cannot upload it now

:sparkleguy:
Thanksssssssssss

Sorry Lullaby is not a cover, I wrote it quickly and first thing I thought was from album fiction instead of noir...

This is today's, I'll upload Fridays later cause I have it in video format (even if black) and I cannot upload it now

:sparkleguy:
Thanks so much! I'd never heard Heaven but it didn't disappoint at all. Kaori sounded great and her delivery was sublime.

Lullaby was nice but I think Kajiura did Yuriko a little dirty giving her an english song and not something in Japanese lol

Yuriko originally recorded this song for NOIR, and she has vocals in German, Italian, Greek, Latin… I don’t think English is a problem for Yuriko. In fact, it was something fresh for her.

Greek is just 1 line in salva nos though 😅 (and one more in Kalafina's kyrie)

Thanks Kenjikun!

i think Sōkyū no fanfāre sounds much better with FJ than the original singers btw. The original sounds more like a waifu animu song.

Last edited:
Yuriko originally recorded this song for NOIR, and she has vocals in German, Italian, Greek, Latin… I don’t think English is a problem for Yuriko. In fact, it was something fresh for her.
Oh I know, it’s just that her English pronunciation was a little rough here.

Quick thoughts on the second concert:
-Parade sounded good, me thinks. Joelle is kween, and I think some lines sounded better here than the album kek. Ignoring Kaori's pitch problems, I think she sounded fine most of the time, though I feel she was too forceful at times.
-Distance, nothing much to say. Kaori led so pitch problems hue.
-Heaven was pitchy BUT I liked Kaori's performance. Would be nice to hear it with the full band.
-Lullaby, oh dear, Yuriko mixed up the lyrics at the beginning. Other than that, bretty good. I want a full version with the violin solo and acosutic guitar!
-Parallel hearts ist gut.
-Sokyuu no fanfare, even without cleaning up the vocals I like it more than the recorded version kek. The voices here actually blend with each other, and the singing has even more energy.
-Moonlight melody is lovely, as usual.

I thought Kaori did very well in Heaven.

Frankly, Distance should be banned from lives. A mess and so much screaming from everyone. Or they could try transposing it lower...
Parallel Hearts should maybe be next in line for that treatment, too. Plus, Kaori (I presume) really shouldn't be the one doing that low harmony during Yuriko's line before the final refrain.

Skipped through Sokyu, still sounds like karaoke swordland and I don't care.

Well, this was special.

Tracklist:
Prologue
Parade
Distance
Parallel Hearts
Moonlight melody

Can I listen to the video please? I am dying to have a glimpse of the performance

Back