[INTERVIEW] Kalafina @ Shanghai WHENEVER (translated)

Kerahna

Administrator
http://www.shwalker.com/category/category_detail/5902
I posted it earlier in the live tour 6 thread (oops) but actually this is supposed to be for the Asian tour ^^;

So while stalking f-j.cn I found a chinese translation by 季天衣 so I will translate it below :XD:
--------------------------------

Shanghai Interview - Kalafina
Three overwhelmingly talented vocalists, with many contributions and succeses in the world of anime creations, has achieved the dream of an Asian Tour mere two years after their debut!\

:nophoto:

-- How was Kalafina formed?
All members: It was created by Yuki Kajiura, to create the seven theme songs for the "Kara no Kyoukai" films. Our distinguishing feature is the unique vocal timbres of the three members.

-- Since your debut two years ago in January 2009, you've done many performances and are planning a tour through Asia. Looking back, what has been your most significant moment?

Wakana: Live performances have increased by so much last year, and getting to meet so many music lovers has truly been a wonderful experience. We did our first solo live in Japan, and held a concert overseas at Anime Boston convention. They have all left deep impressions on me.
Keiko: Beginning in 2009, there were monthly live performances at LIVEHOUSE 「morph-tokyo」 ~ every month it felt like I was returning home, like that LIVEHOUSE has become Kalafina's base. Although they weren't huge concerts, it was an intimate experience with the fans, and it felt like I could touch them just by reaching out my arms. It was like being at home. In order for every performance to be a new experience, we incorporated interesting seasonal talk into our MC segments, and tried many different things. Like this, we completed our monthly concert series with the fans that came to see us every month.
Hikaru: When I first joined the group, I was really nervous during the recording of ARIA. Another defining moment was experiencing the Kalafina LIVE at the end of last year.

:nophoto:

-- Kalafina has an overwhelmingly virtuosic and strong image, which is reflected in your performance on stage. What are the highlights of this Asian tour, and should we be expecting any special performances?
Wakana: Our first time performing in Shanghai, I am really looking forward to interacting with our audience members.
Keiko: Becuase it's our first Asian tour, I will be very happy as long as everyone enjoys our performance. Some songs will sound completely different from what you hear on CD, and can only be heard at the LIVE, please look forward to it ~ of course, I also want to greet everyone in Chinese, and communicate directly to our Chinese friends. I will begin studying now!
Hikaru: The highlight of Kalafina's style is the three-voice harmony. I want to enjoy the live through both dynamic and static segments. I also want to speak a little Chinese!

-- Looks like it's the first visit to Shanghai for all three of you. Where do you want to go in Shanghai, and what activities do you want to tackle?

Wakana: Actually I like sharks, so I want to visit the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium. Also, I want to try a pedicure!
Keiko: Beginning with shanghai crabs, I want to eat lots of authentic Chinese food [laughs]. I also want to eat from the roadside stalls~
Hikaru: I want to see the Bund. I really love the beautiful night scenery.

-- The members of Kalafina not only have beautiful voices, but are also cute and gorgeous in person! What's your secret?

Wakana: It's really simple but I love a relaxing bath. Obliterates the fatigue of the day! A half-body bath is mandatory homework every day.
Keiko: Sleeping well. Recently it feels like nothing is more important than sleep. Also, if there's going to be a photo shoot the next day, I eat some stuff like tomatoes to reduce swelling on my face. I really like CLARINS body cream that removes cellulite when it's applied. I also do facial exercises! Sticking out my tongue, holding a smile for 10 seconds, etc... I like to try many different things when I get the chance [laughs].
Hikaru: Hmm~ if I have to tell you, it would be that I usually don't use any foundation and just go without makeup.

-- What are your plans and goals for the future?
Wakana: We're planning to release our second album, currently in the making. I'm really looking forward to that.
Keiko: I want to continue performing live. I want Kalafina's music to cross international boundaries, and work hard to give our voices to everyone in the world.
Hikaru: Doing LIVE performances and recording albums. I hope that after this show, we will come to Shanghai again in the future.

-- Finally, please say a few words to your Chinese fans, and Japanese fans living in China.
Wakana: We are all really looking forward to performing in Shanghai for the first time, and share these wonderful moments with everyone through music. We hope our music will reach everyone's hearts~
Keiko: Nice to meet you, I am KEIKO of Kalafina. It's really like a dream, to be able to perform live. I hope we will be able to make a concert that everyone will enjoy, please just wait a little longer ~ I am eagerly waiting for the day I finally can meet everyone.
Hikaru: I'm so happy to be able to perform in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taiwan! What kind of LIVE will this turn out to be? I'm looking forward to having a great time with everyone. See you at the concert!

:nophoto::nophoto::nophoto:

magazine said:
All members:

I see they try to hide the fact that Maya was part of the group before :cry:

Some songs will sound completely different from what you hear on CD, and can only be heard at the LIVE, please look forward to it ~
rearrangement FTW! :stars:

I also want to greet everyone in Chinese, and communicate directly to our Chinese friends. I will begin studying now!
haha! good luck learning Keiko :XD:

Keiko said:
Keiko: I want to continue performing live. I want Kalafina's music to cross international boundaries, and work hard to give our voices to everyone in the world.
YES!!!!!!!!! :nosebleed: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Thank you so much for the translation Kera-chan !! :dote: :dote:

Thank you sooo much for translating this!

Wakana just HAD to say something about sharks of course. :ohoho: She must like to imagine them while taking a bath. I wonder if she has shark bath toy? I can just see it now. :XD:

That's awesome that they called they said "Kalafina has an overwhelmingly virtuosic and strong image" - they must have been blushing so much. =)

Well, considering Maya is now not a main member of Kalafina now, I don't think they meant to disregard her since the interviewer is focused on the 3 there.

Yeah, please cross some oceans and come over to California! :innocent:

Well, the interviewer asked How Kalafina was formed. IMO the girls should have replied, apart from what they already said that at first were only 2 , then Hikaru and Maya joined, but Maya quited after sprinter, so now they are 3. They way they replied was as if Maya never existed :(

Yeah, please cross some oceans and come over to California!

To EUROPE too!

Ah, but if you read carefully:

All members: It was created by Yuki Kajiura, to create the seven theme songs for the "Kara no Kyoukai" films. Our distinguishing feature is the unique vocal timbres of the three members.

The question was addressed to the 3 girls being interviewed when it said "all members", but in other questions, they answered individually. Their answer as "all members" was very concise and that really is all there is to it. Sure, there are details like it started out as 2, etc., but they chose to just answer concisely. I think you just miss Maya, hehe.

It's so adorable that Wakana mentions the sharks again :XD: :sohappy:

THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION !!!! AGHHH !!! i wan to see keiko speaking chinese ><

THE TRUTH

-- Kalafina has an overwhelmingly virtuosic and strong image, which is reflected in your performance on stage. What are the highlights of this Asian tour, and should we be expecting any special performances?
Wakana: Our first time performing in Shanghai, I am really looking forward to interacting with our audience members seeing sharks in the aquarium.

Re:

Thanks Kera-chan!
il0vesunfl0wers said:
Wakana just HAD to say something about sharks of course. :ohoho: She must like to imagine them while taking a bath. :
LOL I can imagine her having bath with an imaginary shark and talking to it :ohoho:

Hikaru is a natural beauty going without make up :sohappy:

I like her now more i feel like she's sooo honest in her little words :dote:

Keiko's exercises are fun to do maybe i'll start doing it :XD:

thanks for translating the interview :sohappy:

Re: THE TRUTH

acid_mouthwash said:
Wakana: Our first time performing in Shanghai, I am really looking forward to interacting with our audience members seeing sharks in the aquarium.
:ohoho: She does have priorities.

acid_mouthwash said:
il0vesunfl0wers said:
Wakana just HAD to say something about sharks of course. :ohoho: She must like to imagine them while taking a bath. :
LOL I can imagine her having bath with an imaginary shark and talking to it :ohoho:
She probably has at least 2 shark bath toys "talking" to each other! :XD:

No no you're all wrong. She obviously has her own preserved shark in her bathroom >_>

:ohoho: That's a good one...But it's cute how she really likes them...

-- Looks like it's the first visit to Shanghai for all three of you. Where do you want to go in Shanghai, and what activities do you want to tackle?

Wakana: Actually I like sharks, so I want to visit the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium. Also, I want to try a pedicure!
Keiko: Beginning with shanghai crabs, I want to eat lots of authentic Chinese food [laughs]. I also want to eat from the roadside stalls~
Hikaru: I want to see the Bund. I really love the beautiful night scenery.

I understand the shark's tale.But why a pericure? :XD: Don't Japanese have SPA that do pedicures,or is it that Chinese do some special pedicure treatment? (with so many chinese in here i am sure someone can answer me that.If her request was just random,just ignore me :XD: )
Also:omg Keiko's like me at that part,she wants to try the local kitchen first :ohoho:

-- The members of Kalafina not only have beautiful voices, but are also cute and gorgeous in person! What's your secret?

Wakana: It's really simple but I love a relaxing bath. Obliterates the fatigue of the day! A half-body bath is mandatory homework every day.
[/b]

I thought all Japanese have baths often? My teacher says that it's in their culture to have a bath 2-3 hours before they go to bed.

Thank you for translating,Kera :sohappy:

Lunaria77 said:

I thought all Japanese have baths often? My teacher says that it's in their culture to have a bath 2-3 hours before they go to bed.

oh, is that the reason why most anime (if not all) have bath scenes ? :XD:

george1234 said:
Lunaria77 said:

oh, is that the reason why most anime (if not all) have bath scenes ? :XD:

:XD: i guess so. They looove taking baths,or they are just used to it :XD: . Using the same water as someone else is gross in my opinion though :uh..:

Well, I thought that in general the Japanese culture is just into cleanliness. Hence, the invention of the hight tech toilet! I wish I had one of those.
:plot:

Re:

il0vesunfl0wers said:
Well, I thought that in general the Japanese culture is just into cleanliness. Hence, the invention of the hight tech toilet! I wish I had one of those.
:plot:

Cleanliness but using eachother's water? :XD: The only part i do not understand.
They also wash their hair every day,even the girls with very long hair. Clean=pretty to them /Luna agrees.
The high tech toilet is <3:hearts:

I think that by cleaning him/herself, one just becomes a bit more pretty than he/she already is, and is no more rebarbative :XD:

Back