If you meet Yuki...

erementar gerad is like totally different than anything yuki has done. It like is so orchestral and uncrazy compared to her other stuff.

Yuki has to do some death metal stuff
her true power is in hard tunes xDDD

Haha! Go Brother! :D I think i'd most likely be very shy to ever approach her but if i do, i'll be shaking like hell. But i guess i'll say hi and kindly ask if it's really her and if it's a yes i'd tell her how much i love her and her music and kindly ask for an autograph. ^^ Then i can die happy! ..oh no..only after i'll meet Ayumi Hamasaki too! Then i can really go to hell and not give a damn. :))

Rion said:
Yuki has to do some death metal stuff
her true power is in hard tunes xDDD

I'll say, that her works are more fit for "seinen" genre or stuff with "dark tones"

maha_gnosis said:
I just remembered, than in the era of Mai Hime, Tsubasa. peoples have complained that she worked too much so that her musics sounded monotonous/repetitive..

naoise said:
erementar gerad is like totally different than anything yuki has done. It like is so orchestral and uncrazy compared to her other stuff.

@ maha_gnosis: Mai hime osts, yes , are a bit repeatitive, but Tsubasa chronicle's ones arent, each track has its own unique melody (the only monotonous tracks of tsubasa chronicle are: prove yourself, where two powers collide,) But dont forget that most people critisize Yuki's music just by watching the animes, and there, the director guy is doing a bad job because he chooses 6 tracks from the whole album and repeats them in every episode (the rest of the ost tracks go to the vey background and you hardly hear them), so people (like answerman) think that Yuki's music is repeatitive and monotonous

You probably havent listen to all the Tsubasa Chronicle tracks

@ naoise: What do you mean ? (whole post)
What do you mean by "uncrazy"??? that yuki makes crazy tracks?

It doesn't stand out. It is like generic composer stuff, with none of Yuki's signature style.

george1234 said:
@ maha_gnosis: Mai hime osts, yes , are a bit repeatitive, but Tsubasa chronicle's ones arent, each track has its own unique melody (the only monotonous tracks of tsubasa chronicle are: prove yourself, where two powers collide,) But dont forget that most people critisize Yuki's music just by watching the animes, and there, the director guy is doing a bad job because he chooses 6 tracks from the whole album and repeats them in every episode (the rest of the ost tracks go to the vey background and you hardly hear them), so people (like answerman) think that Yuki's music is repeatitive and monotonous

You probably havent listen to all the Tsubasa Chronicle tracks

Well... that's what people says...
For me Mai Hime isn't that repetitive, so do Tsubasa... but Mai Otome and Elementar Gerad...
The overused musics weren't the problem I think (remember .hack, Noir, Madlax) ... but what bad is, how the music director put the wrong music for a wrong moment.
(I have seen it in Xenosaga for most cases... )

No I haven't watched Tsubasa... But I listen it when I read manga liek Planetes and Save My Earth... and the effect was amazing.

And no, I do really agree, that at some point, Yuki's musics do be repetitive, but not that is very bad... it's just her style.

yeah xenosaga music was soo good but with unusual placements in the game~ like how they used so little of yuki's music in XS2 (thats what it feels like at least) and then the not-so-good stuff in most of the game... it makes people think that yuki wrote the entire soundtrack since the only CD released was yuki's movie scene OST

i kind of liked how some of the XS3 boss battle themes were so.. not frantic XD like godsibb <3 it was really original and stood out. too bad they used the best songs the least amount of times T_T Also, the chase scene in the first episode of Noir, i will remember that foreverrr XDDDDD And i like the usage of Strange Games in Tsubasa, and uhhhh i just realized i havent really watched many animes with yuki's music apart from that...

Yuki's music is repetitiv ? hmmmm I dunno, I did not feel like that at all, but some people who watched anime she composed for say about the music that it's "always the same thing"
yes in Xeno3 they use the best songs the least amount of times ! T_T unfairrrr I love "in a limestone cave", it fits perfectly with the place in the game, the landscape is so beautiful <_<
haha I haven't seen all anime she composed for xD like kimagure orange road and I dunno if one day I'll watch them...same for the games

Answerman's pretty full of himself :S http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2007-12-07
The accusations he makes about the music being "repetitive" aren't even things that Yuki controls o_O (I think he should read http://www.fictionjunction.be/2006/10/2 ... oko-kanno/)

If you see his more recent article where someone asks him his favorite anime
opening themes, he lists 5 and 4 of them are yoko kanno -_-;;; I think a lot of it has to do with liking by association with the anime which they liked. In general, I hear from fans that animes with Yoko's music are more popular (better?) than Yuki's. A lot of discussions I've read in various forums about Yoko vs Yuki, people defend their choice by saying things like ".hack was boring!". They are focusing on the wrong things >_<

How much does the director's instructions affect what she writes? The stuff she writes for Bee Train seem so different from her other soundtracks~

Anyways there's no need to complain about repetition if the music being repeated is godly XD

Yuki-megami's music repetitive? well, i'll tell you, even if it is, she does a really good job! I can overlook it! ;)I really think that it doesn't matter that much...it's sort of her .signature style, should i say... ^^ That's how you can recognize her.

I've thought of always carrying a yuki CD in my purse in case i randomly bump into her on the street ._.

how likely is that T_T

xDXDXD maybe if you go to Japan it'll hapen :D
hmmmm in all cases, I'll demand her of singing in my mp3 playerrr xD

Then you can sell it on eBay for about $20 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000.99 ? :D

Back