If we were to get a new chat...

From an end-user's POV, it's quite a good system already. The tabbed chat feature, custom usernames, onions and generally clean layout is more than what most people would ask for.

A more defined whois function might be useful, actually. Sometimes anonymous users can be a bit annoying. So are those that anonymously log in, lurk and leave.

Although maybe tying in chatroom usernames with our forum accounts, stricter enforcement features might make it more mod/enforcement-friendly, though. It'll be better in the long run for accountability reasons also, if we develop one.

agree with everything above. and still being able to change nicknames would be nice.

i think the chat is good the way it is, except for the crazy anon trolls.

my idea is to implement a form of tracking other than IP, so mods can identify the machine of the user and not be fooled by a proxy or multiple -email addresses the subject may use.

i also happen to have some experiments towards that idea in the workz.

Re:

ZoaKaizer said:
Sudrien, why do we need a new chat ?

"Need" is a little strong. It's not a bad idea to evaluate what is available every so often - and for that you need criteria. This question could very well could come to nothing.

Shin said:
my idea is to implement a form of tracking other than IP, so mods can identify the machine of the user and not be fooled by a proxy or multiple -email addresses the subject may use.

i also happen to have some experiments towards that idea in the workz.

I'd be interested if you come up with anything. I'm setting up to run some tests against Juggernaut, if that gives you any ideas.

Kerahna said:

Of course.

wintersviolet said:
agree with everything above. and still being able to change nicknames would be nice.

Meaning after one has logged in to the forum?

Well if its Sudrien's great Idea for more secure chat then :ohoho:

More onions would be nice :XD:

And like shin said, the mods should be able to track the IPs of incoming Kajurans who is trolling around....

And do u have any suggestion for ur idea of the new chat room, sudrien ? :XD:

Re: Re:

Sudrien said:

after the user enters the chat, so switching names would be restricted to chat only. i guess if this function is still available you couldn't track someone by their username since they're capable of changing it; there'd have to be some other means of identifying them.

although to be frank, it's no big loss if we can't change usernames... just that it's fun for a lot of people :XD:

wintersviolet said:
Sudrien said:

after the user enters the chat, so switching names would be restricted to chat only. i guess if this function is still available you couldn't track someone by their username since they're capable of changing it; there'd have to be some other means of identifying them.

although to be frank, it's no big loss if we can't change usernames... just that it's fun for a lot of people :XD:

Seconded. It's basically just like boutique/vanity plates, though. Kinda like an added feature (that almost everyone is abusing with the current system, including yours truly) that would be a bonus but not essential.

wintersviolet said:
Sudrien said:

switching names would be restricted to chat only. i guess if this function is still available you couldn't track someone by their username since they're capable of changing it:

This is about what Shin said, the mod should be able to track the IP of incoming Kajiuran and users in chat, so the mods will know who they are despite whatever their name in the chat is :sparkleguy:

ZoaKaizer said:
This is about what Shin said, the mod should be able to track the IP of incoming Kajiuran and users in chat, so the mods will know who they are despite whatever their name in the chat is

no i said to track the machine independent of IP :tea:

^ yes , the point is Mod should be able to track the Kajiuran Troll right ? :ohoho:

I want the chat to remain having the same font size (cause smaller ones makes sight tirred more easily.

And If actions would be posted in another colour it would be nice.

Having the same colour in differents computers not random ones would be interesting (and being possible to choose it, nice)

:dote:

Re:

ZoaKaizer said:
^ yes , the point is Mod should be able to track the Kajiuran Troll right ? :ohoho:

yes to tracking. but i think shin meant a way to track the troll NOT by IP, since that sort of information can be faked or hidden.

And a tracking log so any random Kajiurans who troll and quit won't come back.

I also still like the idea of chat users having to log in via forum username to enter the chat.

Re:

wintersviolet said:
And a tracking log so any random Kajiurans who troll and quit won't come back.

That has been a real issue of late. I've been a victim at least 3 times already.

Back