Hi Guys and Girls!

S

Special_K

Just stopping by to say hi... :dote:

Just joined the forums, was previously leeching off stuff from the main site before I dropped in.

So here's a spamload of onions just to keep you occupied while I think of what to say in my upcoming posts...

:sparkleguy: :ohoho: :sohappy: :shy: :XD: :nosebleed: :dote: :ayashii: :plot: :waii: :groucho: :hero: :psst: :gimmeh: :wash: :stars: :innocent: :plz: :glasses: :confu: :idol: :cheer: :chuu:

Hi!

Special_K said:
So here's a spamload of onions just to keep you occupied while I think of what to say in my upcoming posts...
A suggestion: just tell us about yourself. Age, gender, where you are from, what you do in your free time.... :ayashii:

Alphard Sokaina said:

Hihi!

Alphard Sokaina said:
Special_K said:
A suggestion: just tell us about yourself. Age, gender, where you are from, what you do in your free time.... :ayashii:

Sure thing!

Age: I'm in my mid-20's (like the Kalafina Girls!! :shy: )

Location: Hmm...complicated. I was born and raised in the Little Red Dot but currently based in the UK.

Stuff I do: Loads of stuff! LOL! Sometimes it even eats into my work time... :blood:

It was thanks to Kajiura-sensei's music that I got kinda interested in high-fidelity audio (reminder to self: appointment at the shop in about 1 hr's time). But yup, I am largely interested in music and, being a guy, the associated gadgets and hardware with it as well. Currently, my pursuit would be to get computers to play music very well (and YK's music is certainly very VERY challenging to work with, simply because it just sounds so much better with every improvement in the system!).

Apart from that, I'm into very typical "guy" stuff: cars, computers, photography, aviation (Yes, I fly planes. But NOT commercially or powered ones - sailplanes only). I also had a fleeting relationship with golf...but due to a alck of maintenance, I've lost my handicap... :shy:

I noticed that I also have a penchant for navigation (reading maps and stuff) as well as interior design (esp working with floor plans)...rings a bell?

And I LOVE FOOD!! I can also cook up a mean katsu kare anytime...as well as killer daikon miso soup (from scratch!). So yeah...nothing's ever boring in the kitchen when I'm around...

Yup...I guess that's about as much as I can say about myself for now...lol... :innocent:

Hope to see you guys on the other sections of the forum! :idol:

THAT was a good introduction. Alphie is pleased :ohoho:
Special_K said:
I fly planes
:blood: I'd give everything I have (which is currently nothing though :uh..: ) to fly planes :cry:
I love aviation and pilots food too. My friends wonder how such a skinny girl like me can eat SO MUCH. But I hate cooking. It's very boring :uh..:

HEY Kel welcome to CPM :sparkleguy:

Special_K said:
I noticed that I also have a penchant for navigation (reading maps and stuff) as well as interior design (esp working with floor plans)...rings a bell?

You sounded like male Wakana... :dote: :shy:

Alphard Sokaina said:
THAT was a good introduction. Alphie is pleased :ohoho:

Thanks! :sparkleguy:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Special_K said:
I fly planes
:blood: I'd give everything I have (which is currently nothing though :uh..: ) to fly planes :cry:
I love aviation and pilots food too. My friends wonder how such a skinny girl like me can eat SO MUCH. But I hate cooking. It's very boring :uh..:

Well, there's a Chinese saying that roughly translates to "being able to eat is a blessing" (能吃就是福). So, just ignore what the rest of your friends are saying and enjoy the food! (Would be interesting to have host a Kalafina vs fans eating competition one day, though...hehehe :plot: )

Cooking's fun! What's even more fun is improvising with the ingredients and turning them into tasty dishes! For us mortal folk, it's magic...

Aviation...hmm....rare to see girls interested in the field these days (since it has always been a very "manly" pursuit from the days of the Mongolfier Bros). It's not hard to learn to fly, though. Sailplanes (like me!) are a good, good way to start as they don't place so much emphasis on the dreaded medicals and blahblahblah qualifications like powered flight. On top of that, it's way cheaper, too. Unless, of course, you aspire to be a commercial or military pilot...that would be a different kettle of fish...

Yuki88 said:
HEY Kel welcome to CPM :sparkleguy:

Special_K said:

You sounded like male Wakana... :dote: :shy:

PLUS the ability to cook (*rare* skill these days)...

And that kinda scared me a bit when I read your trivia page/post in the blogs...I thought for a moment how the hell did I end up reading my own bio...LOL...

But come to think of it, I think I *might* just lose out to Wakana in an eating competition.

AND of course Wakana doesn't fly planes, though. Or dabble with hifi...

I would really be DARNED if she did...

Re:

george1234 said:
Wakana cooks too you know :plot:

Yup...a very rare skill these days (even amongst girls...)

I often wonder if a day will come where there will be a universal gender role reversal (guys in the kitchen, women in the office...) LOL...

Oh I like cooking too. But I get annoyed if I have to cook for another person somehow. I like eating too I'm like Alpha I eat a lot and I'm quite thin so people used to stare at my while I ate since I have memory.

So welcome to this place and have fun :sparkleguy:

Special_K said:
I often wonder if a day will come where there will be a universal gender role reversal (guys in the kitchen, women in the office...) LOL...

That will happen only if faministic political parties win the national elections in all the countries of Earth :XD:

Re:

moichispa said:
Oh I like cooking too. But I get annoyed if I have to cook for another person somehow. I like eating too I'm like Alpha I eat a lot and I'm quite thin so people used to stare at my while I ate since I have memory.

So welcome to this place and have fun :sparkleguy:
Thanks!

Looks like if this forum ever hosts a buffet dinner, the catering company is sure to lose money. LOL!

Re:

george1234 said:
That will happen only if faministic political parties win the national elections in all the countries of Earth :XD:
:omg: :cry:

And I doubt it's that easy to find a feministic party in Middle East. :XD:

Yes, I fly planes.

:waii:
Mike Oldfield flies planes, too. (as a British resident, you most surely HEARD about him - like Yuki Kajiura herself... :sohappy: and unlike a lot of people in the world :uh..: )
In short, welcome to the forum! :sparkleguy:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
Mike Oldfield flies planes, too. (as a British resident, you most surely HEARD about him - like Yuki Kajiura herself... :sohappy: and unlike a lot of people in the world :uh..: )
In short, welcome to the forum! :sparkleguy:
TBH, I needed Google to give me a refresher about him...

But yeah, "Tubular Bells" and "Moonlight Shadow"...classics...

Well...for those who have yet to discover Kajiura-sensei's music...it leaves more for us...LOL!

ADD/EDIT: Yuki is a pilot as well?! I thought she was a software engineer by training?

Back