Hello ! Kalafina Concert tomorrow !

A

AliasGreed

Hello everyone. I'm a big fan of Yuki and I'm just wondering if anyone is going to the Kalafina concert at Fukuoka tomorrow. See if anyone would be interested maybe in meeting up. I flew in from america so I don't know anyone.

I've been a stalker of this site for a long time in order to catch up on new news but now that I made an account hopefully I'll stick around and post.

Thanks Hime. I leave Tokyo tomorrow at 7:30 am and arrive at Fukuoka at 2 PM by train. Concert at 4 PM, hopefully everything goes well and I make it. I'll post some pics even if it is just from the outside, they probably don't let you take pictures inside.

AliasGreed said:
Hello everyone. I'm a big fan of Yuki and I'm just wondering if anyone is going to the Kalafina concert at Fukuoka tomorrow. See if anyone would be interested maybe in meeting up. I flew in from america so I don't know anyone.

Welcome! How did you get a ticket to the concert? Are you a member of FictionJunction Club? Fluent in 日本語? Seen Yuki Kajiura or Kalafina or Chiaki Ishikawa before? Been to Japan before?

I'll (next) be seeing Kalafina on 26 August at Otodama Beach, Zushi.

Please post a set list and your observations after the concert, and enjoy canta-per-me.net!

This is my first time in Japan and my first time seeing anything Yuki. I got a ticket though Lawson, it's like a Japanese 7-11. A Japanese friend got it for me.

I speak zero Japanese but I've been following Yuki for a very long time because of her videogame music. Now that I'm older (as in not in college and have a job) and have money and can afford to travel, here I am.

I will submit my observations and a set list if I remember the songs. Haha.

^Congratulations, at least you have a Japanese friend to get a ticket for you. You are seeing a part of Japan I have yet to visit. Maybe your Japanese friend can help you join FictionJunction Club, by providing a Japanese postal address to receive mail-outs?

Thanks Hime. I leave Tokyo tomorrow at 7:30 am and arrive at Fukuoka at 2 PM by train. Concert at 4 PM, hopefully everything goes well and I make it. I'll post some pics even if it is just from the outside, they probably don't let you take pictures inside.
You're welcome! *__________* We'll wait your pics!! :sohappy:

welcome to CPM! woah, flying all the way by yourself to fukuoka, that's devotion... :shy: make sure to have fun, and take lots of (allowed) pics! :bow:

I have no commitments as in I'm single with no family, I need to spend the money I make at work on something lol.

Currently on the train to Hakone, (Fukuoka).

Hello, welcome to cpm!

Wow, i hope you had a great time on a concert (i assume it already passed)!

Please write a report! :bow:

Enjoy your stay here!

I will when I get to a computer. Concert was great, I have to admit I did feel weird being the only non-Japanese person in the concert. Best of all Yuki was there I saw her in the end on the second floor of the building watching. I did take pictures but only of the stage before they started singing. Its 5 am here so back to sleep.

Welcome! I am Liana. I had the pleasure of going to ACen this year and seeing them with full band! I was so excited! And I loved the concert, so I'm sure you will as well. I hope you do write a report, and have fun! (Is it hot right now in Japan? It must be since it is summer) That is awesome you have a friend there. One of my friends from work went there last year, I was so jealous. heh I need to go soon. Well, looking forward to hearing from you again! :dote:

AliasGreed said:
I will when I get to a computer. Concert was great, I have to admit I did feel weird being the only non-Japanese person in the concert. Best of all Yuki was there I saw her in the end on the second floor of the building watching. I did take pictures but only of the stage before they started singing. Its 5 am here so back to sleep.

Being the only non-Japanese at a concert is part of the fun. Treasure it. Yuki Kajiura Live vol. #10 was the first out of about 12 concerts that I have attended in Japan where I was able to speak English with others in the audience.

You did very well to spot Yuki Kajiura in the audience.

Looking forward to your write-up.

Nice shot, seeing Kajiura-sama there!
I think she said somewhere that she attends Kalafina concerts.
Hope you have a nice time still in Japan!

Made it back to were I'm staying in Tokyo until today. Uploading 2 pictures to tinypic hope it works.

Picture 1 is of the stage. Picture 2 is of the stuff I bought. Technically I already have all this "stuff" but I have to show support.

2qdambp.jpg

2nqscb4.jpg

Write up:

I got there at 3:30 there were already 2 lines forming. That would never work back home, haha. Each line would move a little a people would go in. When I got in it was already packed. The place was small I would say they were around 200-300 people there. Concert started at 4 sharp.

Between talking and singing they were on stage for 2:30 hours. From what I saw Keiko has taken the leadership role in the group, singing and talking the most and having great chemistry with Wakana. They would talk and move around stage together the most. Hikaru would almost always sing or speak by herself. At one point she made fun of Keiko and Wakana by sitting cause they were taking forever to get ready for 1 song, the whole audience laughed. The 3 of them were great, Wakana being my favorite singer.

I counted about 22 songs they sang in total with 5 intermissions. I don't remember the playlist. I was standing next to 2 school girls and 1 older woman in her 30's or 40's, after 1 specific song the 3 of them started crying at the same time. I felt weird but it was cool. At the end of the concert I looked up and Yuki was standing in the second floor, I could not see her while she was sitting. If this would had been America I would had screamed at her but I followed their costumes and didn't do anything haha.

Then after the concert I bought all the swag. Everyone was filling out this forms that I just threw away since I could not read Japanese. I tried to ask for help but no one spoke english or wanted to help me.

After the concert I went to a brazilian restaurant in Fukuoka. Made a Japanese friend that invited me to a second dinner, hahaha it was fun. Now I'm back in Tokyo waiting to go back home tomorrow.

Hey, thank you for the report! Im glad you had fun!
Too bad you cant remember the setlist.
Lol at Hicchan making fun of Wakana and Keiko :XD: I would really wish to see that scene, Id probably laugh a lot :XD:
Anyway, have a safe trip home! :)

yay, thank you for the report! ah, to hear about their antics on stage... :love:

also woah, you sure bought a lot, LOL. i'm jealoussssss

Thanks for the report! (And 30s and 40s isn't old... I am almost 30. I am hurt! Just kidding.) But yeah I almost started crying but just because I was so happy at ACen, even though it was a shorter concert, especially since they played obbligato. And you can always ask people here to translate Japanese, since there are some who know, you should have kept it and scanned it in.

Back