Future anime thread.

george1234

hope next will be Tsubasa continuation lol
As in Tsubasa Chronicles? I thought the show was really long (~50 eps iirc) already! :@_@:

The ones I would be most looking forward to continuations are Pandora Hearts (ha that'll probably never happen) and Owari no Seraph

I don't think I'm waiting for anything, maybe Kekkai Sensen s2 but I pretty much -hated- the last two episodes of the first series (apparently anime original).

Hopefully I'm surprised by something new next season.

As in Tsubasa Chronicles? I thought the show was really long (~50 eps iirc) already! :@_@:

apparently the Tsubasa anime had lots filler episodes (?) and these 50 eps covered only about half of the story. and i think people complained about Bee-Train doing a bad job with the adaption. There was an OVA out around 2007 of 3 episodes with some new (and still unreleased) BGMs.

I've heard very good things about Ancient Magus Bride. The music and production values look top notch at the very least.

Inuyashiki looks cool too, but it's from the guy who made gantz so that could end up being really dumb.

I loved the original Kino's Journey, but this new one looks cheap in a bad way and I'm not a huge fan of the new VA they got for Kino.

I don't think I'm waiting for anything, maybe Kekkai Sensen s2 but I pretty much -hated- the last two episodes of the first series (apparently anime original).

Hopefully I'm surprised by something new next season.

why did you hate it? what happened in the last 2 episodes? i don't remember anything bcs iirc I liked Kekkai Sensen a lot but then some episodes got delayed or smth and then i just lost interest in it.

i really want to watch animes again but newer animes just don't catch my attention at all...

apparently the Tsubasa anime had lots filler episodes (?) and these 50 eps covered only about half of the story. and i think people complained about Bee-Train doing a bad job with the adaption. There was an OVA out around 2007 of 3 episodes with some new (and still unreleased) BGMs.

the TRC anime covered until Celes Country wasn't it? that arc was on the 21st/22nd volume of the manga so the anime technically covered like 75% of the story since TRC has 28 volumes. i also forgot about TRC anime because i wanted to erase it from my memory lol it was that bad.

why did you hate it? what happened in the last 2 episodes? i don't remember anything bcs iirc I liked Kekkai Sensen a lot but then some episodes got delayed or smth and then i just lost interest in it.
The finale was a convoluted mess. Made no sense to me and direction-wise had nothing in common with the rest of the season (which I really enjoyed). I'll check s2 in hopes that it's more like the first 10 episodes of s1 than the last 2 (which were animu original; also, s2 has new staff so who knows how that might turn out).
i really want to watch animes again but newer animes just don't catch my attention at all...
Made in Abyss was pretty good as far as I watched. (Sadly won't be able to finish it for another few weeks...)

@grunty the review of that show (Made in Abyss) is very good and the premise is very interesting but idk if I'd be able to watch it. i'm a big softie (lol) and I can't stand watching children got hurt physically. the only exception was Gunslinger Girl bcs that manga is so sad and brilliant and the physical torture mostly happened off-screen/only mentioned. i have less to no problem with adult and late teenager though - as i liked the grotesque last episode of Blood C. i like to get know what i'd about to experience even if it means the story'd get spoiled. i'd almost given up on Madoka after Mami got beheaded. i gave up on F/Z after Caster killed that young boy. idk what about japanese and their sick hobby of torturing and killing young children in animes/mangas.

i listen to the soundtrack as i write this and it's great. better than kajiura's pripri ost.

Last edited by a moderator:
idk what about japanese and their sick hobby of torturing and killing young children in animes/mangas.
I really don't think it's just the Japanese. Obviously it validates the show and its viewers as "mature"... :p I don't really care for straight up human torture in my entertainment either but the bigger no-no for me is animal cruelty.

PS. BLOOD-C was so dumb lulz. But dat A++ OST.

@grunty idk why but i feel like it (having children in their early 10s or even less as main characters and torturing and killing them) is more prominent in Japanese series, be it manga or anime. i have less problem when the story's setting is more "irl", like in Bokumachi where that girl was abused by her parents or in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso where the boy was abused by his mother (I'm still very much pissed with his mother lol) . i feel like in western series, the characters are aged up (like in their 17 or 18, especially in dystopian themed movies/books) so i have less problem with that. maybe it's just me who doesn't watch or read enough series. i don't remember watching shows with animal cruelty though but that's also a very big no no for me. especially with dogs.

i watched blood-c simply because CLAMP was the character designer (back when i was such a trash for them) and for the 2 guys that looked very much like Touya and Yukito lol. storywise yes it's dumb but idk it's the entertaining kind of dumb? very wonderful OST indeed.

lol i should've worded it better. what i meant is i'm more understanding when the abusive behavior happened in the setting like in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso or Bokumachi - where it actually something that occurred quite often irl. not that I condone the abuse, but it doesn't change the fact that it's something that happened out there, and lots of children are abused by people closest to them. in a sense the depiction of the abusive behavior in Shigatsu or Bokumachi increases the awareness of child abuse and how society more often than not turn a blind eye on them. when it's just children killed bcs the character is crazy like in F/Z, it's just cruelty without serving any purpose I think, just to give the shock effect to the audiences - just to make the audience knows that this character is evil and cruel. it's like you don't need to kill a child in a very gruesome way to make people know that this character is evil. lol i think i still don't word it better.

Yea, so finished Abyss (it was very good) and started Kekkai Sensen S2 (good opening episode; Edit: and a terrible 2nd ep; Edit2: And Ep3 was boring as heck. tldr: dropped.).

Edit: Also Houseki no Kuni seems good from the first ep. (Edit: And really good after 3 eps.)

King's Game is one of the dumbest and most pathetic shows ever, lol. I just can't with how dumb those 3 episodes were.

Edit: On the other hand Magus' Bride is surprisingly pleasing. Great OP/ED too.

Not the biggest fan of the kind of Ousama Game plot but since I like to be spoiled I really went lolwtf at Ousama Game plot if I want to entertain myself with something of the similar concept I'd rather read Caste Heaven.

Anw Mahoutsukai no Yome is one of the show I anticipated the most (my friend made sure that I watch this) and so far it doesn't disapppoint. The opening is truly beautiful in everything but I think the vocals on the chorus could've done a bit better. Idk if it's because the singer is inexperienced or what but at some parts the vocals kinda dampen my enjoyment of the song. Ending is also great, I like the chorus the most on this song. Haven't checked if the full versions of both song are already available (too lazy to actually google lmao) but hopefully they won't disappoint.

^ JUNNA, who is singing the OP, is only about to turn 17 AFAIK. I still can't believe she was 14 when she started singing for Macross Delta. I actually quite like her voice and don't find her occasional screaming grating (unlike some other popular singers *cough*). This song is a great match for her (and fairly different from her earlier Macross and solo output youtu.be/pmfQD3hcXjU ).

@King's Game - it's just trash. I don't even want to imagine how sexually frustrated the author must've been to write shit like this. Also spoiler for episode 3, if this pathetic MC liked his friend so much he could've just taken this friend's D up his own butt to save him, instead of locking up said friend with his own potential girlfriend in a room. Pathetic MC. So dum.

Anyways, I guess I'll stick to Houseki no Kuni (ridiculously pretty audio/visually) and Magus' Bride (very pleasing) for now. Nothing else from keyvisuals/descriptions/staff seems to catch my attention.

Well I am waiting for more Food Wars because stupid me had to watch the 12 episodes of season 3 in one day RIP :uh..:
Tokyo ghoul season 3
the new fairy tail season I can't wait for I already finished the manga
and Code Geass I look forward to it I have no idea when it'll come out though but the idea of having another season of it sounds amazing. :hearts:

Back