Forum & Chat & Main Site Complaint Thread 10

Would it be possible to disable "unfurl" forum-wide? (Including whatever old links there are.)

Don't know how controversial this topic is, or how much people care for this feature.

It's always loading big pictures for its thumbnail if the linked site supports open graph protocol/ogp (which I find to be a pain in the ass on mobile). While I usually try to edit the post to not include it, it's annoying to remember. Then again, nobody else seems to care and just links away. -_-

Eh... just my question/suggestion.

Server software is being updated, in the OS upgrade way. I got tired of waiting for new hardware.

Debian 11, PHP 8.0.11

XenForo 2.2.7 Patch 1

....version bumps mean new config files. @Kugayama , is this for both large and small image filesizes?

Server software is being updated, in the OS upgrade way. I got tired of waiting for new hardware.

Debian 11, PHP 8.0.11

XenForo 2.2.7 Patch 1

....version bumps mean new config files. @Kugayama , is this for both large and small image filesizes?

I'll have to check.

Problem seems to have gone now (successfully posted most recent Yuuka Nanri blog).

After several months waiting for new hardware, and several re-installs in preparation,

The forum is on new hardware.

Is it better hardware? Of course it is.

Is it properly configured? Hopefully. Please let me know if there are any issues.

There will probably be another bit of downtime when things have proved stable - the NVME in the old box is actually. 3x faster. Get that swapped in after I get an adapter.

[Friday edit] ...and NVME swap completed. It wasn't the speed boost I hoped for, but it's still double the space.

Last edited:
@Sudrien Someone had made a newspost on the main site in place of @tsubasa . Is my password compromised too ?

Pretty sure this has never happened before

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211231_124048_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231_124048_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_20211231_124219_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231_124219_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 197
With this recent spam influx, I'd like to once again kindly ask if "unfurl" (link previews) could be "false"/OFF by default. Thank you.

With this recent spam influx, I'd like to once again kindly ask if "unfurl" (link previews) could be "false"/OFF by default. Thank you.
"Unfurl URL to a rich preview automatically" Disabled.

I read that this doesn't actually effect things like twitter links, so please let me know if it does what you expect.

For some reason the broken links were missing a dash near the end : VVCL-1999 , not VVCL1999

If CD Japan is providing them in the incorrect format, they should be notified. Otherwise it might be a wordpress bug.

@Sudrien https://canta-per-me.net/discography/per-project/ page takes forever to save changes and sometimes it appears as if its still "updating" on Wordpress while if i refresh the page itself the changes are applied. Is it because it has too much text on it ?

Maybe we could split the context among more than one page ? Maybe have 10 years worth of projects in every page or something ?

It might have been a temporary network issue - I'm not reproducing - but I have no objections. If you get the knew pages up, I can definitely update the navigation.

~

Spam is a war and their new weapon designs are cheap.

I couldn't post an image a few minutes ago and although I added 放送日 to the subject line of a current thread, the search function still doesn't find "放送日".

There are a few bots that im not allowed to ban as spam for some reason. Perhaps real users ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528_081652_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528_081652_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 125
Back