Forum & Chat & Main Site Complaint Thread 10

I really can't change my profile picture and I don't know where it took this one from...

Could you please delete my profile pic and merge it with my old profile? (Kenji) @Sudrien Thanks

↑ I have the exact same issue BTW (tried with both Firefox and Chromium on Linux). My picture must have come from gravatar.com .

Also @Sudrien , FWIW, I had logged in several times in 2019. I have my browser set to delete all cookies when I close it, so I simply relogin every time, and just don't bother logging out because that happens automatically when I close the browser.

Hi, this is Liana Ilia. Can you merge my account? If not it's okay. I can start over. Don't sweat it, we all make mistakes.

Hi, this is Liana Ilia. Can you merge my account? If not it's okay. I can start over. Don't sweat it, we all make mistakes.
You need to take a link of a post from your previous account (e.g. go to that post and click the "share" button) and send it in (ideally) a private message to Sudrien requesting the two accounts to be merged. I think the point was that we should avoid polluting this thread. As an added precaution, make sure you've used your current IP before.

And yeah I've also fallen victim to Schrödinger's backup:
schroedingers-backup_grande.jpg

↑ I have the exact same issue BTW (tried with both Firefox and Chromium on Linux). My picture must have come from gravatar.com .

For some reason today it worked. Not sure if something changed since my previous posts were merged to my account. I just clicked on my nickname on the top right of the page and there was an "Edit" when I hovered the profile picture with my mouse. Also there was a way to edit it in my account settings. cc @Kenjikun

For some reason today it worked. Not sure if something changed since my previous posts were merged to my account. I just clicked on my nickname on the top right of the page and there was an "Edit" when I hovered the profile picture with my mouse. Also there was a way to edit it in my account settings. cc @Kenjikun
Seems it worked now..

Been pretty successful at recovering public posts so far, PMs are more iffy because some information WAS completely deleted - if all members of the conversation were deleted - and some was partially deleted - if some members were still valid after the accidental purge.

If anybody has been unable to re-register due to spam filtering, I can be contacted by Discord ( sudrien#7182 ) or Twitter ( https://twitter.com/SudrienNei ) private messages. (2 people already had this issue)

^ Its ok he seems to not update it anymore anyways since at least 2 years now that i ve been checking there.
i have his facebook if you want to contact him.

Ok, Were we hacked? Yes.

For a number of hours canta-per-me.net was pointed at 35.176.61.110 - part of the public record at https://viewdns.info/iphistory/?domain=canta-per-me.net - Amazon cloud means we are unlikely to get data on who the hacker is. They are most likely NOT british, though they still aren't showing signs of great experience.

Kerahna has updated the appropriate logins.

Cookie data might have been collected, so sessions have been trashed. You'll have to log in again.

Did they get any data? No.
Could they get any data? If they got a working session, which it looks like they were not trying to, no.
Should you change your password? Yes.
Will I force you to change your password? No.
DID I change my password? Yes.

Last edited:
Ok, Were we hacked? Yes.

For a number of hours canta-per-me.net was pointed at 35.176.61.110 - part of the public record at https://viewdns.info/iphistory/?domain=canta-per-me.net - Amazon cloud means we are unlikely to get data on who the hacker is. They are most likely NOT british, though they still aren't showing signs of great experience.

Kerahna has updated the appropriate logins.

Cookie data might have been collected, so sessions have been trashed. You'll have to log in again.

Did they get any data? No.
Could they get any data? If they got a working session, which it looks like they were not trying to, no.
Should you change your password? Yes.
Will I force you to change your password? No.
DID I change my password? Yes.
is this the reason why that a couple of days ago , we could not access the site?

Unfortunately, it seems like the google cache of the the forum has been completely refreshed, so private messages will not be available for any new account merge requests.

Back