FJC Live "Best 20" Part 2 - March 5, 2016

My guess is that they would be afraid of it coming out too often. They would assume fans would think, "Oh, it's just another YK Live. No need to buy it, they'll be another one next year, like last year." By giving us more videos, they would oversaturate their market, and fans would stop buying.

@StarCloud contractual obligations over Kalafina have prevented all 3 of Wakana, Hikaru and Keiko appearing on a YK/FJ/FJY live CD or video apart from Angel Gate from YK Live vol.#4.

^And Vol. 10, specifically the "open your heart" performance (aside from the Kalafina front act). I can hear Wakana and Keiko in the background doing some Kajiuriago, and Hikaru gets a line of lead. Though that's different, since it's the finale to Kajiura's 20th anni concert, and there were 12 singers on stage (FJ club + OST girls + Asuka + Emily). I guess it's probably Sony being stubborn about them, like normal :comeback:

Possibly. She did move forwards as the performance went on however.

Contracts are a bitch like that though. What I would give to have Kalafina not tied down to SME sometimes.

It was definitely weird positioning, I agree, but I always assumed it was because she was considered only as chorus for the live. She is apart of FJC as a whole afaik and while these were Kajiura lives, it seemed advertised (at least the DVD parts) as FJ Yuuka and FJ to which she is only credited as background vocals for Yuuka (and angel gate).

I guess I never really thought of it because of contractual reasons.

I wonder if it is that... There is actually a point where it's just the three of them in Angel Gate, and it sounds to me that Hikaru (or Hikaru + Wakana with H having lead like in Red Moon's chorus) has lead. (At 4:13 in this video).

And I think that Keiko's annoyed about Hikaru's postion as well, because of her body language. She keeps looking back at Hikaru (while Kaori seems to be ignoring her for the most part), and she's not nearly as into it as she was during the rest of the live. Plus, she's not nearly as active as everyone else, where normally the opposite's true (she's typically the most active on stage).

But Hikaru was on backing vocals for Yuuka for Vol 11. In Seiya they literally opened with a shot of her face didn't they?

I was annoyed too when I firstly saw where Hikaru was standing. She looked like she was feeling bad standing so far. I haven't seen annoyment of Keiko... But the Kaori's ignorance was irritating too. Kaori had a beautiful voice but I dislike her personality.

@LacrimosaRaven Yes, she did appear there, but not with Wakana or Keiko, which @Kugayama was talking about. Also, I don't recall that happening in Seiya, but then again I haven't seen the video in a while. She (and Yuriko) do get good shots, though.:love:

I never really noticed anything unusual while watching the video. Although the setup was less than ideal, I just kinda rationalized it because Hikaru was only chorus. :desksweat: Though, I think SME would have not allowed that performance ala Kagayaku with Kajiura if the roles were reversed and it was on one of their releases.

Kaori had a beautiful voice but I dislike her personality.

What do you mean,have u ever met her in person and talked enough to know her personality ? Or you mean that because she is tall she isnt cute or child-like ?

About hikaru, they put her far so that people dont see her with Wakana and Keiko and think of them as Kalafina.

Now this is a weird topic to bring up. People expect Hikaru to get to stand front and center in a FictionJunction live even though she's not a full member? She was there as the back chorus for FJY, not as a member of FJY or as a part of Kalafina. FWIW, Hikaru didn't get sent to the back in the FJC live, which she attended as Kalafina, last year.

I was annoyed too when I firstly saw where Hikaru was standing. She looked like she was feeling bad standing so far. I haven't seen annoyment of Keiko... But the Kaori's ignorance was irritating too. Kaori had a beautiful voice but I dislike her personality.
Do you even follow Kaori's radio programs or are you just judging her based on what you're unfairly projecting?

What do you mean,have u ever met her in person and talked enough to know her personality ? Or you mean that because she is tall she isnt cute or child-like ?
I haven't met her. She looks wonderful I think and she sings great - so your guess @george1234 is incorrect. I' ve said about her personality, not look - read carefully and don't make a wrong conclusions.

I lean on my personal impression and you don't must agree with me. She make an impression of me: a little reserved, perfectionist and critical. Of course I see that she can be funny, nice... Of course this is my point of view. I hope that she reach the succes because she is really talented. And she isn't a bad person - don't understand me wrong.

I think that everyone like some people more and some people less. And this is normal

If I may comment on Kaori.
in vol 11 she seemed way less into it then previous lives. In hanamori no oka she seemed to be somewhere else entirely. Eye contact was gone, little emotion.

She has a lot of talent and a beautiful voice. It's a shame that she acting in such a way in vol 11.

Perhaps that's what @nodame89 was commenting on

@nodame89 But you dont say how you formed that impression, and that's what i asked at the first part of my question. Is it only from the pics or how she seems to feel when she sings ? Out of the young girls she is the one with the less involvement with Kajiura, since she only gets to sing in FJ single and albums (that come out every few years - in contrast with Kalafina who release 3-4 per year, and in FJ lives which happen around once per 6 months in contrast with Kalafina who have some live singing every month. Even Yuuka who is in similar situation now, knows Kajiura better since they got to work closely for 4 years, and same goes for Yuriko but for chorus work mostly and longer period of time.

What i mean is that she seems distant or bored is because she has the less feelings connections from them. but that doesnt mean that she likes singing less.

If I may comment on Kaori.
in vol 11 she seemed way less into it then previous lives. In hanamori no oka she seemed to be somewhere else entirely. Eye contact was gone, little emotion.

She has a lot of talent and a beautiful voice. It's a shame that she acting in such a way in vol 11.

The performance in 2014 of Hanamori no Oka was also pretty inactive. In 2009 she is much more into the song. But it's not only Kaori. All members seem to be more laid back. Of course I can only speak for the videos I saw. I made a thread about that:
https://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/fictionjunction-live-different-stage-presence-earlier-later.6891/

But I still rank Kaori at second place in my list.

Ok, maybe I was a little annoyed because of remidescence of angel gate. I feel sorry to Hikaru-chan and I was wrong that Kaori during the song even not looked on Hikaru.

I'm observing a mimic, used words, language of body during YK live, PVs, photos, talks... She is a sensory person - for her important is what is here and now. I am another type of person (logical, not sensory). I imagine if I would meet her personally I won't feel a comfortably. Ok, this is my impression, imagination. I don't want to hurt someone.

Back