Finally made an account... Nice to meet all of you!

• Thread starter sutekinanijinoiro
  • Start date
@a-chan When did you start learning? In my case I started 6 years ago (wow, it's been that long?! :omgz:), that even though it's purely self-study (although I did try to enroll in a class but taking up foreign language classes wasn't allowed in my previous major :rain:), I guess the years of continued immersion through Japanese media and music somewhat paid off. :w00t: For Kanji, I'm starting to recognize them more easily now, but remembering them out of thin air is still really hard for me :voodoo: especially when I try to write.

How about you? Are you attending a Japanese class right now, or are you majoring in Japanese or something? :waii:

I started learning in Year 2009 (more of less 6 years ago as well) when I was in my third year of university, taking Beginners Japanese as an elective for 2 semesters. After I graduated and got my first job I spent pretty much every waking hour working (working from 8.30am - 3.00am is not unusual, weekends too) so I had not the time to continue Japanese language studies at all :spotlight: After 3 years++ of such lifestyle I decided I had enough, and quit :XD:Right now I'm in a job with more "normal" working hours that allows me time to do my own things, so I'm currently enrolled in a part time Japanese language course :sohappy:It's actually because of this job switch that I discovered Kajiura Yuki-san's music as well (FictionJunction and Kalafina included) -> because I have more time for YouTube-ing and stuff :ohoho:

I think it's really amazing that you are able to self-learn the language to the point of being able to do translation. It must have taken an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort :goodjob:

@Martin Thanks! And thanks for the support, too! I and one collaborator will do our best to keep the translations coming :D

@Insidia Thanks for the welcome~ I'm still subscribed to their radio and media content (guilty of missing last week's show though D:), but I figured the blog posts are the easiest to translate. I don't have enough confidence with my listening skills just yet (but if it has a Japanese script/subtitle, ofc why not? :3)

nojohnnysforme
LMAO I understand why some people would not like them XD If you think about it, I'm quite an oddball for liking both genres, but then, the world itself is truly weird indeed :XD:

Watched everything except Game of Thrones. We're quite compatible on this.
I might pick it up after seeing Tell Tale's gameplay of it on Youtube. Funny huh.
Awesome~ I totally recommend GoT! I kind of had to back off for a few hours since the first 2 episodes shocked me in ways I've never expected, but the moment I recovered I'm back to watching it... slowly... but surely. It's not something I could watch continuously like TBBT, there's just too much feels! :comeback:

Do watch Kara no Kyoukai if you haven't already.
I have started with the first 2 movies, but I'm watching it with my boyfriend and he doesn't seem to be interested in continuing it anytime soon. I'll go convince him to resume watching :hero:

@george1234
They havent, they just stopped activity, but they can theorically restart whever Kajiura or Chiaki feel like.
That's awesome to know then! Let's just hope it'll be soon :dote:
I recently heard Uninstall from Chiaki Ishikawa, it's a really nice and haunting song :3
I like everlasting song's original English version (no matter the Engrish :uh..:) more than the Japanese one, and I guess that's because I felt the emotion better in that. :P

I LOVE FictionJunction YUUKA omg (Akatsuki no Kuruma and Honoo no Tobira!) I need to search and listen to more of their music :study:

@Kohaku_ Thanks! Weee~ :love:

@Maikeru! :plot: Ah, you got me... :XD: I will be abusing these things for a while, forgive me for I love emoticons too much :plz:

Last edited by a moderator:
After 3 years++ of such lifestyle I decided I had enough, and quit
Might be the best decision of your life :goodjob:

It's actually because of this job switch that I discovered Kajiura Yuki-san's music as well (FictionJunction and Kalafina included) -> because I have more time for YouTube-ing and stuff :ohoho:
Hooray~! :w00t: So that means you're quite a recent fan, too? When did you start being one? :3

I think it's really amazing that you are able to self-learn the language to the point of being able to do translation. It must have taken an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort :goodjob:

Self-discipline... :XD: That's not my best suit. In fact, most of the problems I have right now are due to an alarming lack of it lmao. But I have never (and will never) considered giving up studying Japanese despite all the challenges, and I hope you won't, too! :cheer:

Might be the best decision of your life :goodjob:
Yes, I have not regretted it one bit, though I sometimes miss the more challenging aspect of my previous job :XD:

Hooray~! :w00t: So that means you're quite a recent fan, too? When did you start being one? :3
Haha yes, I would say I'm a fairly recent fan. I started listening to FictionJunction around April last year, then I joined the forums in May(?), and upon recommendations by some members started listening to Kalafina after the release of THE BEST albums :shy:

Self-discipline... :XD: That's not my best suit. In fact, most of the problems I have right now are due to an alarming lack of it lmao. But I have never (and will never) considered giving up studying Japanese despite all the challenges, and I hope you won't, too! :cheer:
That's good to hear! Let's do our best! :w00t:

LMAO I understand why some people would not like them XD If you think about it, I'm quite an oddball for liking both genres, but then, the world itself is truly weird indeed :XD:
haha!.. I used to listen to Johnny's such as Hey! Say! JUMP, Kis-my-Ft2 and KAT-TUN :) (I used to like their pop genre but I dont see anything special about them :P)

I LOVE FictionJunction YUUKA omg (Akatsuki no Kuruma and Honoo no Tobira!) I need to search and listen to more of their music :study:

that's right.. AnK & HnT were also my all time faves by FJY! Yeah, u know we both love Gundam SEED and I never get tired listening to its soundtracks until now. Aside from KnK and F/Z or F/SN, I highly recommend u to watch other Kajiura-related animes such as Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, PMMM or maybe Aldnoah.Zero series. hehehe :ayashii:

welcome to CPM : )

As for my other fandoms, I also like Johnny's Entertainment, specifically Tegomass, Hey!Say!JUMP, NEWS, and a bit of others (shades of Arashi and KAT-TUN :confu:). Regarding American TV shows, I like The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, BBC Sherlock, and The Walking Dead.
omg my friends used to be obsessed with Tegomass and Hey!Say!Jump back in middle school...I think one of them still goes to Tegomass concerts when she can
guess who happens to be listening to a Sherlock soundtrack atm
I've been meaning to watch GoT but haven't yet...
And before I forget! I'm not sure if this counts as advertising :uh..: (admins, please tell me if this isn't allowed!), but as a result of my deepening obsession with these three songstresses, I've recently opened a LiveJournal community in which I translated recent and old Kalafina Official Blog posts. Click here to read them!
OMG ITS YOUUUUUUUU
ILU FOREVER FOR TRANSLATING

btw I'm curious to know what your favourite FJY songs are
EDIT: ouu another See-Saw fan. What are your favourites from them? I've managed to get my hands on a copy of their title album, but I like songs from their second era more

EDIT2: also, with livejournal, is there a way to get an email/be notified somehow when a new entry is posted? I keep forgetting which ones I've already read //hit

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time here :hi:.

I really should get round to actually watching Fate/Zero though, been meaning to for quite a while. As for myself, I kind of got into Kajiura back in 2006 or so when I watched Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, but never got hold of the soundtrack or kept track of who it was, so it wasn't until later on with Kara no Kyoukai and PMMM that I really followed her as a composer. Kalafina themselves came through Lacrimosa back in late 2010 when I watched Kuroshitsuji.

It was you who posted on facebook about running the translation blog, aye? Neat. Hope you continue doing it, it's nice to see proper translations of their updates, especially from the earlier era that people haven't even touched. Much appreciated :goodjob:.

Also keeping up with Walking Dead and Game of Thrones myself. Have you checked out Gotham? Really interesting series that I'd recommend. Same goes with both the fim and series of Fargo.

Welcome! I am Liana. My brother actually majored in Computer Graphics and I think my brother in law is Computer Science, or something similar. He does web design and that sort. (I tried doing a coding class... that was not fun heh) Hope you like it here! Please feel free to ask any questions, don't be shy, we're pretty friendly here. I started liking Kajiura in Noir, then .Hack I believe. Love Kalafina and all of Yuki's bands and singers pretty much. Nice to meet you!

Wow, so many replies! Sorry I took too long, but I'll sort mine by topic then :P

ORIGINS AND BEING A KALAFINA/FJ/YK FAN:
Haha yes, I would say I'm a fairly recent fan. I started listening to FictionJunction around April last year, then I joined the forums in May(?), and upon recommendations by some members started listening to Kalafina after the release of THE BEST albums :shy:
Awesome~ FJ before Kalafina, huh? :goodjob: Yuuka was my real bait, but before it just became FJ listening to everlasting song's Japanese version by ASUKA kind of turned me off into liking them. Plus I'm a little intimidated by the amount of stuff I need to catch up on D: Anyway, I'll try to set my fears aside and start appreciating them a bit more from now on. ^^,

that's right.. AnK & HnT were also my all time faves by FJY! Yeah, u know we both love Gundam SEED and I never get tired listening to its soundtracks until now.
Honoo no Tobira is just starting to grow on me (haven't finished watching GSD until now and looking back, I kinda hate it for practically recycling GS's plot), but YUUKA is just pure LOVE. As for the soundtracks, I remember download almost everything until my laptop died. Now I'm shying away from it since I want to try buying the anime's Blu-ray... but I wonder if the soundtracks are included in the box just like in F/Z :ayashii: For the meantime, I'll go listen to them again on Youtube if I remember XD

btw I'm curious to know what your favourite FJY songs are
EDIT: ouu another See-Saw fan. What are your favourites from them? I've managed to get my hands on a copy of their title album, but I like songs from their second era more
I've only managed to fully appreciate YUUKA so far, so I totally love Akatsuki no Kuruma, and have started to like Honoo no Tobira (I don't think it could beat the first one, though :P).
But as for recent listens, here's what I like:
- Houseki by KEIKO
- everlasting song Original English by ASUKA
- Angel Gate and Vanity by FictionJunction
I so I want to get Dream Field! :comeback: See-Saw's songs can't match the kind of admiration I have for Kalafina ones, but they do have a distinct ethereal feel (kinda like Enya for me), so they're songs I can't ever forget. And as expected from a GS/D fan, I like Anna ni Issho Datta no ni and Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru. :P

As for myself, I kind of got into Kajiura back in 2006 or so when I watched Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, but never got hold of the soundtrack or kept track of who it was, so it wasn't until later on with Kara no Kyoukai and PMMM that I really followed her as a composer. Kalafina themselves came through Lacrimosa back in late 2010 when I watched Kuroshitsuji.
Same year, then! *0* Ahhhhhh KnK and PMMM huh~ I should really get around to watching those two :orz:
I broke the repeat button on Lacrimosa, and I'm kind of regretting it now since I have totally gotten tired of the song. >____<

I started liking Kajiura in Noir, then .Hack I believe. Love Kalafina and all of Yuki's bands and singers pretty much.
Awesome, so you're one of the "old" fans then, huh? :goodjob: omg how do I word that better... long-time fan, I guess. Pioneer? Hihihi ack English fails me today :orz:

JE:
haha!.. I used to listen to Johnny's such as Hey! Say! JUMP, Kis-my-Ft2 and KAT-TUN :) (I used to like their pop genre but I dont see anything special about them :P)
Oh~ I don't even listen to their music that much anymore since I'm at the dawn of liking them but they will still hold a special place in my heart. Met a lot of (more like some) friends, both online and locally because of them, and heck, they're the main reason I started learning Japanese in the first place! :love:

omg my friends used to be obsessed with Tegomass and Hey!Say!Jump back in middle school...I think one of them still goes to Tegomass concerts when she can
Hahahaha they're very easy to be obsessed about omg with the fandom so fun and... dramatic, all at the same time :shy: I'm almost over with HSJ but I still consider them my "babies" lmao although I don't follow them as closely as I used to XD (thanks to Twitter though I have regular updates about their activities). As for Tegomass, I just like their duets to bits and... I lust like Tegoshi a lot so... :punched:

ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS:
Aside from KnK and F/Z or F/SN, I highly recommend u to watch other Kajiura-related animes such as Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, PMMM or maybe Aldnoah.Zero series. hehehe :ayashii:
I'm really interested in PMMM! Maybe I'll try to watch the others after that :hero:

Aldnoah Zero only has the Kalafina song, so its not really Kajiura related, but I do recommend.
Ooooh... a lot of people say it's good. And since I like mech... kinda... (haven't watched Code Geass yet despite persistent recommendations... :orz:) I'm quite sure I'll give it a go... any day now... :spotlight:

WESTERN TV:
guess who happens to be listening to a Sherlock soundtrack atm
I've been meaning to watch GoT but haven't yet...
Awesome! It's such a shame our local media store hasn't imported the DVD boxes to our country at all :orz: But at least I'm caught up with it, aside from the first episode that aired late last year.
Please, please do! Highly recommended! :goodjob: I've just finished watching Season 2 and man, can't wait for more!
Might pre-order the Season 4 DVD box since it comes with a Joffrey doll
that buyers can do whatever the heck they want to do with it... including using it as some kind of a voodoo doll... *hates King Joffrey forever :stupidtable:*

Also keeping up with Walking Dead and Game of Thrones myself. Have you checked out Gotham? Really interesting series that I'd recommend. Same goes with both the film and series of Fargo.
I haven't gotten around to TWD yet since I was largely disappointed with the first season and was wishing the entire time it was as immersive as the Telltale game, but I've just finished GoT Season 2 last night YAAAAAY can't wait to have Seasons 3 and 4 :stars:
Ooh, Gotham? Hmmm... seems like my boyfriend is more interested in Arrow than that. Mighty interesting since he's a total Batman fan :ayashii: As for Fargo, never heard of it but I'll try checking it out!

LJ TRANSLATION BLOG:
OMG ITS YOUUUUUUUU
ILU FOREVER FOR TRANSLATING
*loves you back* :love:
Speaking of which, I feel like you're one of the folks I regularly exchange comments with on the posts...
LJ name please? :gimmeh:

EDIT2: also, with livejournal, is there a way to get an email/be notified somehow when a new entry is posted? I keep forgetting which ones I've already read //hit
jYL6YcP.png

Click the encircled link and it will take you to notification options. I think this can only be used by people with LiveJournal accounts, though >_<

It was you who posted on facebook about running the translation blog, aye? Neat. Hope you continue doing it, it's nice to see proper translations of their updates, especially from the earlier era that people haven't even touched. Much appreciated :goodjob:.
You're welcome! I haven't gotten around it this week yet since I've been psychologically busy with a project, but I hope I could finish Hikaru's Blue Day post soon~ :3

MY MAJOR:
My brother actually majored in Computer Graphics and I think my brother in law is Computer Science, or something similar. He does web design and that sort. (I tried doing a coding class... that was not fun heh)

CG? AWESOME! Ah, he's most likely either CS or IT, those two fields overlap too much for my own liking >_<
Ahhhh that's totally understandable, many people hate programming anyway hahahaha :cry:

Plus I'm a little intimidated by the amount of stuff I need to catch up on D:
it took me 3 years to listen to the entire YK discography....so, good luck
I've only managed to fully appreciate YUUKA so far, so I totally love Akatsuki no Kuruma, and have started to like Honoo no Tobira (I don't think it could beat the first one, though :P).
But as for recent listens, here's what I like:
- Houseki by KEIKO
- everlasting song Original English by ASUKA
- Angel Gate and Vanity by FictionJunction
I was asking just about Yuuka (=FJY) but yasss houseki and vanity are love. Synchronicity vol.4 live always has a special place in my heart bc it was the first FJ song I heard.
as for FJY, akatsuki is my fav Yuuka song though there are many others that I love. It's interesting that you started out with Yuuka, since most people start out with Kalafina and take a long time to get used to Yuuka, if they do at all. I used to really dislike her voice but now I'm fine with it and think she has some of YK's best songs. Also while there are some songs I'd love a FJ or Kala cover of, most I can't imagine without Yuuka's voice. In vol.11 her soft-tragic voice really struck me in piano and others. I tend to listen to her side of vol.11 rather than FJ's //hit
sorry for the Yuuka rant, it's just that most of the time it seems to be Kala talk around here
I so I want to get Dream Field! :comeback: See-Saw's songs can't match the kind of admiration I have for Kalafina ones, but they do have a distinct ethereal feel (kinda like Enya for me), so they're song I can't ever forget. And as expected from a GS/D fan, I like Anna ni Issho Datta no ni and Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru. :P
I picked up dream field when it was reprinted and managed to get a copy of the kimi wa boku ni niteiru single. mmm I can agree about the enya thing. YK PLZ HAVE CHIAKI SING AT A LIVE I BEG YOU
anna ni and kimi wa are fab but actually I prefer Kioku (3rd most played song on my itunes), indio (teh tears), seijaku no headphone no naka, and yasashii yoake (I cried during the FJY performance of it bc omg the live instrumentalssss PLZ YK). I also like Senya ichiya bunches.
I kinda want a FJ cover of edge with keiko/kaori on main vocal bc I can just see them jumping all over the place and having a blast. Oh my fantasies....

As for Tegomass, I just like their duets to bits and... I lust like Tegoshi a lot so... :punched:
I may or may not have watched My Boss My Hero for Tegoshi
fyi whenever I see "Tegomass" the first thing that pops into my head is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuFw5ClfoNo (though the misheard lyrics ver which seems to have disappeared everywhere)
Speaking of which, I feel like you're one of the folks I regularly exchange comments with on the posts...
LJ name please? :gimmeh:
LMAO IT'S NOT ME BUT I KNOW THE ONES WHO HAVE BEEN COMMENTING
Click the encircled link and it will take you to notification options. I think this can only be used by people with LiveJournal accounts, though >_<
I guess I'll have to make an account then. heu

EDIT: kinda wandered over to your mydramalist (OTL STOP DISTRACTING MEEEE) and saw you're watching hana yori dango. the beginning of my obsession oguri shun...
also holy crap you've watched so many dramas
why u on hold with hana kimi and orthros no inu //hit

Sorry for the late reply, guys! Psychologically busy with work :orz:

it took me 3 years to listen to the entire YK discography....so, good luck
:fwa: um... bless my soul then :comeback:

I was asking just about Yuuka (=FJY) but yasss houseki and vanity are love. Synchronicity vol.4 live always has a special place in my heart bc it was the first FJ song I heard.
as for FJY, akatsuki is my fav Yuuka song though there are many others that I love. It's interesting that you started out with Yuuka, since most people start out with Kalafina and take a long time to get used to Yuuka, if they do at all. I used to really dislike her voice but now I'm fine with it and think she has some of YK's best songs. Also while there are some songs I'd love a FJ or Kala cover of, most I can't imagine without Yuuka's voice. In vol.11 her soft-tragic voice really struck me in piano and others. I tend to listen to her side of vol.11 rather than FJ's //hit
Hahahaha sorry my bad! But well, that's what I think. At least I voiced out what I think about FJ hihihihi
I have to listen to that too, afaik that's a Keiko solo, right?
I'm sold on her the moment I heard Akatsuki no Kuruma. Too much for my heart to handle :love:
I read somewhere that Yuuka's voice is really nice as solo but doesn't really fit in FJ if she were to harmonize with them.
And as for disliking her voice, I guess I kind of understand that since I also got irked with Honoo no Tobira when I heard it again after quite a while. But after thinking like that, I suddenly remembered that one song I liked from her. Aikoi! :hearts:

sorry for the Yuuka rant, it's just that most of the time it seems to be Kala talk around here
It's alright hahahahaha I joined CPMe for that purpose too /guilty OTL, but it seems it'd be inevitable to go back to FictionJunction and Kajiuran roots :innocent:

I picked up dream field when it was reprinted and managed to get a copy of the kimi wa boku ni niteiru single. mmm I can agree about the enya thing. YK PLZ HAVE CHIAKI SING AT A LIVE I BEG YOU
Aaaaaaah lucky you! Gah, now I feel like including FJY and See-Saw CDs to my to-buy list :uh..:
Chiaki at a live? Now THAT would be interesting. See-Saw reborn, hopefully! :stars:
But I think Kajiura-sama's focusing on composing more than anything, sigh... Not that it's anything bad, though :P

anna ni and kimi wa are fab but actually I prefer Kioku (3rd most played song on my itunes), indio (teh tears), seijaku no headphone no naka, and yasashii yoake (I cried during the FJY performance of it bc omg the live instrumentalssss PLZ YK). I also like Senya ichiya bunches.
I think I've heard about Kioku, thanks for mentioning that! I'll give the entire See-Saw discography a listen sometime :D

I kinda want a FJ cover of edge with keiko/kaori on main vocal bc I can just see them jumping all over the place and having a blast. Oh my fantasies....
Ahahahahahaha fantasies and covers YESSSSS I remember the Anna ni Issho Datta no ni Kalafina cover and YESSSSSSSSSS it was so nice~ :hearts:

I may or may not have watched My Boss My Hero for Tegoshi
fyi whenever I see "Tegomass" the first thing that pops into my head is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuFw5ClfoNo (though the misheard lyrics ver which seems to have disappeared everywhere)
I haven't seen that either, but I've seen Deka Wanko. He played his role quite well but... I'd rather him just stay singing (and enslaving my senses :blood:). Ah, Miso Soup, huh? The misheard version is such epic win, I laughed so hard~ :XD:

LMAO IT'S NOT ME BUT I KNOW THE ONES WHO HAVE BEEN COMMENTING
Oooooooh I already know about sambloom but idk who the others are! :O Who are they here on CPM? Do they still drop by sometimes? :ayashii:

I guess I'll have to make an account then. heu
I'm so sorry :headbite:

kinda wandered over to your mydramalist (OTL STOP DISTRACTING MEEEE) and saw you're watching hana yori dango. the beginning of my obsession oguri shun...
also holy crap you've watched so many dramas
why u on hold with hana kimi and orthros no inu //hit
OHOHOHOHOHO Oguri Shun? :O I don't find him much attractive, but wow, he got a jackpot with Yamada Yu, indeed! :goodjob:
I like him better in Hana Kimi though :) He was such a hottie there! :love:
Compared to many drama addicts, that's not a lot though :wai: I'm still a novice despite all that stuff. I tend to miss out on the classics :comeback:
Sorry about that~ I've watched most of Hana Kimi, including the ending I think, but since I saw it on local TV I'm quite sure I haven't seen everything even if I may have watched everyday >_< About Orthros no Inu, I actually borrowed a bootleg DVD from a friend and it turned out not to be working so... :cry:

If and when you visit Japan, try to get to a mini-live event for a CD launch at a music store. This was for Chiaki Ishikawa and Natsumi Kon at Tower Records Shinjuku in May 2013:
Awesome photos! I bet you had so much fun~ :w00t:
When I get there someday, I'll try my best to time it to any major event so I'd be hitting 2 birds with the same stone :cheer:
I'll check out the videos soon :D

I have to listen to that too, afaik that's a Keiko solo, right?
KeikoxKaori but yeah, more of a Keiko solo
I'm sold on her the moment I heard Akatsuki no Kuruma. Too much for my heart to handle :love:
I read somewhere that Yuuka's voice is really nice as solo but doesn't really fit in FJ if she were to harmonize with them.
And as for disliking her voice, I guess I kind of understand that since I also got irked with Honoo no Tobira when I heard it again after quite a while. But after thinking like that, I suddenly remembered that one song I liked from her. Aikoi! :hearts:
I think that she sounds fine when singing with the others tho I guess I'd say harmonising with Hikaru sounds best (another fantasy of mine: either Kalafina or Hikaru/Keiko/Kaori covering destination)\
aikoiiiiii
tbh I don't really like the studio recording but the live ver is so fun. that hand dansu
Oooooooh I already know about sambloom but idk who the others are! :O Who are they here on CPM? Do they still drop by sometimes? :ayashii:
they used to but not anymore.
and lol don't apologise
OHOHOHOHOHO Oguri Shun? :O I don't find him much attractive, but wow, he got a jackpot with Yamada Yu, indeed! :goodjob:
I like him better in Hana Kimi though :) He was such a hottie there! :love:
Compared to many drama addicts, that's not a lot though :wai: I'm still a novice despite all that stuff. I tend to miss out on the classics :comeback:
Sorry about that~ I've watched most of Hana Kimi, including the ending I think, but since I saw it on local TV I'm quite sure I haven't seen everything even if I may have watched everyday >_< About Orthros no Inu, I actually borrowed a bootleg DVD from a friend and it turned out not to be working so... :cry:
hehehe he was adorableee in hana kimi and hana yori dango. somehow I started watching other dramas with him in the cast, so I ended up watching rich man poor woman, nobunaga concerto, tokyo dogs, border, and currently, ouroboros (which reminds me of orthros no inu)
ehhhhh well guess I'm extreme novice, considering I've only watched 11...
go find it on teh internets and watch ittt

EDIT: if you're interested in Asasora I highly recommend Hanako to Anne , and not just because of the YK music

I think that she sounds fine when singing with the others tho I guess I'd say harmonising with Hikaru sounds best (another fantasy of mine: either Kalafina or Hikaru/Keiko/Kaori covering destination)\
aikoiiiiii
tbh I don't really like the studio recording but the live ver is so fun. that hand dansu
Well, she and Hikaru kinda have the same voice quality so it's not that much of a surprise I guess :D
lol I still liked it though but I guess the live version is much better :sohappy: gotta hear it soon :3

they used to but not anymore.
and lol don't apologise
Well... I kinda heard about the reason. But I guess you guys still hang out on Tumblr?
Hahahaha alright then~ At first I was thinking whether I should keep the posts member-only or not. Should I? lolkidding but then it's so sad to see the Kalafina fan community in LJ so dead </3 I thought it'd make people participate more, but, oh well.

hehehe he was adorableee in hana kimi and hana yori dango. somehow I started watching other dramas with him in the cast, so I ended up watching rich man poor woman, nobunaga concerto, tokyo dogs, border, and currently, ouroboros (which reminds me of orthros no inu)
ehhhhh well guess I'm extreme novice, considering I've only watched 11...
go find it on teh internets and watch ittt
OMG how could I forget Rich Man, Poor Woman </3 It was sooooo enjoyable (despite the low-quality subs omg), and I could really relate to it since I aspire to be a computer programmer of sorts someday. :love:

EDIT: if you're interested in Asasora I highly recommend Hanako to Anne , and not just because of the YK music
I AM interested, just that they're too long for me to watch huhuhuhuhuhu (I'm not a fan of streaming so I download stuff btw, but even now I minimize my downloads so... ;A;)
But I'll add that to my list, then~ :chuu:

LMAO I understand why some people would not like them XD If you think about it, I'm quite an oddball for liking both genres, but then, the world itself is truly weird indeed

Nah, I'm quite neutral on this. I'm okay with them, just not crazy or big fan.

I have started with the first 2 movies, but I'm watching it with my boyfriend and he doesn't seem to be interested in continuing it anytime soon. I'll go convince him to resume watching

If you were to ask me, I would think that KNK is best to watch solo.
With headphones.
In the middle of the night.
Sleep-deprived state.

Oh the memories.

Do watch Proposal Daisakusen/Last Friends/Gokusen

@aki Which reminds me I'm on the last week for HTA XD SEEIVEPROGRESSED

Anime ⇒ Movie

HAHAHA Arakawa Under the Bridge takes the cake. The anime itself is running on crack.
Though Toshokan Sensou fared well enough too.
Most recent was rurouni kenshin of course.

Again, sorry for the late reply m(_ _)m

Nah, I'm quite neutral on this. I'm okay with them, just not crazy or big fan.
Oh thanks lol I'm starting to become neutral about them too. But they still put a smile on my face. And I still remember some of the details I have come scouring around the Netz about them so... hihi.

If you were to ask me, I would think that KNK is best to watch solo.
With headphones.
In the middle of the night.
Sleep-deprived state.
I just got kareshi's opinion, he didn't want to continue watching because the copies I downloaded are too blurry OTL
Ruins the experience.
So I'll try watching it by myself. Still dreaming about getting the original Blu-ray box someday, but for now fansubs will be enough.
*goes scouring the Netz for good fansubs*

Do watch Proposal Daisakusen/Last Friends/Gokusen
I've started Proposal Daisakusen, but I remember not being able to stand Yamapi's fish face... (
there was a wall kissing scene in it
, alas *facepalm*) and also, my copy's quality was so bad I didn't wanna continue. Ha, same problem with KNK lmao.

Most recent was rurouni kenshin of course.
I've only seen the first movie so far. Still waiting for the second movie's price to go down, quite disappointed with the first actually (more like, it didn't live up to the hype imho :/)

Ruu, would you be interested in helping out our Fansub that could use some help with translating? You can find a list of our work both in the forum and website. :innocent:

I'm afraid my skills are not yet enough for translating Kalafina videos (their way of speaking is still very hard for me ;A;). I need someone to check my work, or I can do checking on other people's works. :) I can also help with timing and typesetting, but my Internet connection is not good enough for uploading OTL so I haven't gotten myself familiar with encoding as well. But since I'm part of a subbing group and we've been doing this for quite a while now, I could contribute to the tips and tricks to improve the workflow and organization of the team ^0^ (only if you'll let me to).

I hope that is good enough for you. :) Anyway, if you want to continue discussing this, we could move this to the private messages if you'd like :glasses:

Reactions: aki
Back