Finally made an account... Nice to meet all of you!

• Thread starter sutekinanijinoiro
  • Start date
S

sutekinanijinoiro

Hello! My name is Ruu, and although I'm quite new in the Kalafina fandom (started being one in early 2014), I have started liking FictionJunction YUUKA and Yuki Kajiura's music since 2006 (Gundam SEED! :hearts:). I first chanced upon this site on 2012, but feeling like I didn't have any real passion for Kajiura-sama's music back then (wow I call her "sama" now :omgz:), I restrained myself from making an account. But now that I'm in too deep with her music, well... Hi, everyone! :XD:

I'm a second year university student majoring in Computer Science. I'm also in my 20's and currently living in the Philippines. I like to watch TV shows and movies (Japanese and American/British/Hollywood), listen to music, sing, and learn the Japanese language on my free time (although I admit I'm a lot more lazy in doing that than I would like to admit).

As for my other fandoms, I also like Johnny's Entertainment, specifically Tegomass, Hey!Say!JUMP, NEWS, and a bit of others (shades of Arashi and KAT-TUN :confu:). Regarding American TV shows, I like The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, BBC Sherlock, and The Walking Dead.

And before I forget! I'm not sure if this counts as advertising :uh..: (admins, please tell me if this isn't allowed!), but as a result of my deepening obsession with these three songstresses, I've recently opened a LiveJournal community in which I translated recent and old Kalafina Official Blog posts. Click here to read them!

Sorry this introduction got too long! I'm quite the long-winded type, so please forgive me in advance. :desksweat:
Again, nice to meet all of you! I'll do my best to visit and be more active on this forum more often from now on.:w00t:

Welcome suteki :) Enjoy your stay!

No its okay to advertise your blog if its Kajiura/ Kalafina related, even if it overlaps with some of out activities, since we are of the opinion that all Kajiura fans should work together to spread the love for her music. We currently dont have someone to translate these blog posts, so this works just fine :D

I also like Game of Thrones, its amazing and realistic when it comes to kingdom relationships in the past. I cant wait for the 5th circle!

Do you watch anime ? :)

Last edited:
Suteki... that sounds nice ^^ But I guess I'd stick to Ruu XD
Also I forgot to address one concern. It seems that as a new user I don't have a capability to edit my avatar? :cry:
Anyway, I hope I could get to edit it soon~ :D

Thanks, phew~ :chuu: About Game of Thrones, I'm a bit outdated (almost done with the second season though. buying the DVD boxes tend to put quite of a hole on my pocket), but I agree with what you said! :goodjob:

I do watch anime but I don't keep myself updated. I only watch those that I have really received excellent and persistent recommendations from friends (and, well, if I chanced upon it and had the time and will to watch all of it).:XD: I actually discovered Kalafina through Fate/Zero, and I mentioned Gundam SEED (favorite anime of all time, F/Z being a really close competitor). I've also watched Elemental Gelade, ToraDora!, Shugo Chara!, BLOOD+, Shingeki no Kyojin, Carnival Phantasm, UFO Baby (not everything of it yet, though). I can also try to name others I've seen on local TV but these are the ones I'm sure I've seen completely and I'm quite passionate about. And oh, it goes without saying that I'm currently waiting for the second season of Fate/stay night, having fallen in love with its storytelling, character development, and a lot other elements from reading the visual novel :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow!!.. its nice to have another Filipino in this forum! Welcome!

And speaking of discovering Kajiura's music, I also discovered her through anime especially Gundam SEED!!! I also discovered Kalafina through F/Z and PMMM .. whoah!.. so many common things we have and yeah, I also used to read your translations and they definitely helps for other Kajiura fans.

@sprinterXkyrie UWAAAAAAAAA Gundam SEED fans unite! *0* I haven't seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica but I'll get to it after I finish watching Kara no Kyoukai, I guess OTL Thanks~ I'm glad it's of use ^^

@a-chan Thanks for the warm welcome~ >:D< Hihihi, with much thanks to Jisho.org, Weblio, and Google, I could pull it off (along with a few strands of my hair :XD:)

@george1234 Thank you so much for the guide! >:D< After getting 1 trophy point, I was finally able to upload an avatar, but wow, it seems this forum does not accept images in .png? Too sad :( Anyway, I'm still thinking of a cool signature to put XD Again, thanks for the warm welcome :chuu:

@a-chan Thanks for the warm welcome~ >:D< Hihihi, with much thanks to Jisho.org, Weblio, and Google, I could pull them off (along with a few strands of my hair :XD:)

Hahaha I know, Japanese is such a difficult language to learn ne? :XD: Especially kanji gosh. I'm also currently learning, but nowhere as good :ohoho:

@a-chan When did you start learning? In my case I started 6 years ago (wow, it's been that long?! :omgz:), that even though it's purely self-study (although I did try to enroll in a class but taking up foreign language classes wasn't allowed in my previous major :rain:), I guess the years of continued immersion through Japanese media and music somewhat paid off. :w00t: For Kanji, I'm starting to recognize them more easily now, but remembering them out of thin air is still really hard for me :voodoo: especially when I try to write.

How about you? Are you attending a Japanese class right now, or are you majoring in Japanese or something? :waii:

@HimeWakana Thank you so much! >:D< I've seen you around here so often, so glad to be under your care~ :P

Hello! My name is Ruu, and although I'm quite new in the Kalafina fandom (started being one in early 2014), I have started liking FictionJunction YUUKA and Yuki Kajiura's music since 2006 (Gundam SEED! :hearts:).

Welcome! Besides Yuki Kajiura, you might like to check out See-Saw, Chiaki Ishikawa and Lisa Komine.

@Kugayama Thank you! :D As for those you've mentioned, I'm quite familiar with See-Saw and Chiaki Ishikawa (you don't know how sad I got when I discovered they've already disbanded :vortex:), but it's the first time encountering Lisa Komine's name! :D To be honest I couldn't get to like most of FictionJunction's music (they're quite of a hit-or-miss thing for me) but I'm starting to appreciate them more and more these day! :dote:

Ah, I remember you now! I bookmarked that LJ translation site of yours - really appreciate your hard work with the translations. Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Greetings @sutekinanijinoiro

The blogposts are what I started with too but nowadays I'm more interested in their radio and media content.

As for my other fandoms, I also like Johnny's Entertainment, specifically Tegomass, Hey!Say!JUMP, NEWS, and a bit of others (shades of Arashi and KAT-TUN :confu:). Regarding American TV shows, I like The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, BBC Sherlock, and The Walking Dead.

nojohnnysforme
Watched everything except Game of Thrones. We're quite compatible on this.
I might pick it up after seeing Tell Tale's gameplay of it on Youtube. Funny huh.

At any rate welcome to CPM again Ruu.
Do watch Kara no Kyoukai if you haven't already.

@Kugayama Thank you! :D As for those you've mentioned, I'm quite familiar with See-Saw and Chiaki Ishikawa (you don't know how sad I got when I discovered they've already disbanded :vortex:),

They havent, they just stopped activity, but they can theorically restart whever Kajiura or Chiaki feel like.

but it's the first time encountering Lisa Komine's name! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8wghCdMncU

To be honest I couldn't get to like most of FictionJunction's music (they're quite of a hit-or-miss thing for me) but I'm starting to appreciate them more and more these day! :dote:

The new FictionJunction songs arent that good indeed, but you shoul try their Everlasting Songs album, which contains alot of earlier works http://canta-per-me.net/discography/fj-everlasting-songs (dont forget to Youtube "Hikari no Yukue Hokuto no Ken" for Wakana's first song as FJ) , as well as FictionJunction YUUKA's releases https://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/fictionjunction/#FictionJunction YUUKA where every song is beautiful imo

Hello, and welcome to CPM! I am a newer member myself, but I have stalked this place for ages haha. Enjoy the cute smily things :XD:

Back