Fall 2016 anime season

Well, he's always been 10 years old in the show. Even in XY.

But aside from that, the first two episodes show a lot of promise, and the battles look better than ever. Ash is also much more personality by which I mean the animators have gone above and beyond in drawing up his reactions and expressions.

Yes I just finished any everything seems awesome! Its a way different plot, and the characters are worked really well, they even put something off the pokemon movies in there, since they have
semi legendary
pokemon interact with humans instead of being antisocial and hiding. What's more proffesor Oak being totally untouched (eyes included) means they could easily do the same with Ash/Satoshi. The other thing i miss is team rocket T_T they seem to be in the time-wardrobe as well.

omg I'm so in love with JJ's short program music. he's so full of himself but he's hot i can't blame him and L'homme Arme is also gorgeous seriously the music on this show is GEM. but my favorites so far are still Yuri on Ice and Terra Incognita.

I want Thursday to come faster because I can't wait for the next episode of YoI lol. It's been so long since the last time I'm this obsessed with an anime.

Yeah, yuri on ice is blowing up right now, and I'm definitely enjoying it. But the fandom is kind of intoxicating and not in a good way. It's everywhere.

Yeah, yuri on ice is blowing up right now, and I'm definitely enjoying it. But the fandom is kind of intoxicating and not in a good way. It's everywhere.

That's what's preventing me from getting into it (along with a bunch of other shows). The fandom can be pretty cancerous

the fandom is really out of their mind and they are overanalyzing everything about the show. that's why i chose to stay away from the fandom and just liking the show because it's good.

i hate JJ but other than him I love all the skaters and i love the show

he's still hot though lol
nvm I actually think emil nikola's the hottest. he's cute, he's pure, he's nice and his Full Program music is awesome, might be my favorite so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my issues with YOIs ending (and I hate the sequel bait, I'd rather there be no sequel) but it was still a much much much better episode than the last few. Waiting for dem BDs to rewatch in all the touched up glory.

I also have mixed feels about the ending. Like they spent so much time showing off the routines that there was no almost no actual "action". The episode was beautiful, but felt terribly rushed. I loved how Viktor and Yuuri's relationship was developed, and that the show didn't become some cringey yaoi, but still being able to show a real, humane love between two people.:love::love:
Also, as much as I loved the show I'm not sure about wanting a second season, second seasons of super popular animes (or TV series, or books or pretty much everything) often end up ruining everything. I'd love to know more about the other skaters, but I'm not sure if the staff would be able to extend the story without being too repetitive or forced, or just random filler episodes.
Tbh, I'd prefer a little OVA, maybe to "complete" the last episode, but not another season, please ~
BUt do you know what I REALLY want? PHICHIT ON ICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :wai::wai::wai: Also, each time I listen to Terra Incognita is such an eargasm :plz:

(excuse me, just watched the episode and I'm so moved atm I can't write anything):touched:

Yesssss me too too all @grunty and @Zinnia posted above. if they end up doing another season they should give the spotlight to other characters (even though it's really unlikely)...
i agree that it does feel really rushed because we can see how some scenes are directly cut to another scenes when i feel like there supposed to be some more dialogues here and there. rather than making the second season please make a special OVA only when Yuuri does win the gold medal and the 2015 gala where Yuuri and Chris pole danced :XD:

ikr Terra Incognita is such a masterpiece. that and Anastasis are my favorites (though to be honest they're all beautiful dammit i used to don't care about Still Alive but now i hum to that song every other hour lmao)

and excuse me for being the oddball here but tbh i kinda ship yurioyuri since the beginning and the final episode just makes me ship it more even though i ship otabae(love him sooo much)and yurio plus yeah like every other person on this planet i also ship victuuri.

all in all it's a wonderful anime. maybe will make a more comprehensible rant later when im not too sleepy and when i can breathe properly (having cold rn)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yup, exactly, the episode didn't feel cohesive at all, just some random sceneces pasted together. Beautiful scenes, indeed, but the result was kinda crappy xD
I read on Tumblr, and I'm sure this is exactly what happened, that creators had the ending planned during all the time and did already start working on it, but since they saw the popularity of the anime, they did some quick changes before the airing so it would lead to a second season. That would also explain why we have a theme for Yuri(0) exhibition that was never used (a super powerfulm, very yurioish song).
To be honest I'd prefer to have a "complete" ending and not this rushed thing and a second season that may ruin everything. :cry:

Managed to watch YOI at last, and wow it really blew me away. This is easily considered one of the best, if not the best of the best, of this season.

Soundtrack is very superb as well, as if I want to try skating on them myself albeit in vain lol. Shall we skaaaate!!~~

I actually liked the ending more than what other people expect it to be. After all, they can't manage to explain it fully in a single episode. At least we now have an idea why Yurio acts like a jerk to Yuri and how Yuri and Victor will continue after the GPF. We also need more spotlight for other characters too. *perhaps a collaboration with 2018 Pyeongchang? I can only wish*

I always wanted to try skating but here in my country it's very costly. I've always been interested in Pole Dancing and episode 10 makes me want to try it even more.

Ice skating is fun, but the skates just wreck my feet. After 10 minutes of skating, I can barely manage to keep standing let alone skate.

I finally looked at some of the YOI reactions on youtube (and boards). Holy moly @ the squealing, shouting and crying. IRL fujoshis are scary and annoying. Come to think of it, very much like audiences at sport events...

I stay away from YoI fandom and decide not to search for YoI related tags on tumblr or watch YoI reaction videos because those fangirls are (borderline) crazy and they overanalyze everything with their bizarre ideas about the characters' sexuality and/or gender identities. This kind of people are the ones that actually set back what gender and sexuality studies try to educate people in general because they're throwing everyone off with their tumblr-based knowledge of gender and sexuality. Sorry for the ranting.

I don't really like the fandom that feasts on the yaoi aspect of the show either, so I just keep an open mind when I search for YOI items on google, twitter etc. I have been doing a background check on those who did the vocals for the OST as well, and seems that most of them are artists with foreign blood living in JP.

Also, someone tried skating to On Love Eros on YT and it had garnered more than 1 million views since last week. Try checking it out!

Back