CPMの料亭: The Food Thread!

• Thread starter Thread starter Special_K
  • Start date Start date
S

Special_K

Because we all love food...

This is a thread for those who are interested in food and cooking! Simply share your simple, healthy (or not! :knife:) and delicious recipes here! :nosebleed:

Pictures are a bonus (but not necessary)!

Alternatively, you can just share a picture of something awesome you had for breakfast/brunch/elevenses/lunch/tea/dinner/supper! :dote:

(No restriction on the locality or cuisine type. Just post away!) :sparkleguy:

wJuA1.jpg

XL Omusoba (serves 1~2)

Ingredients:
300g of (raw) ramen
80g of unsmoked bacon, sliced to 1-inch squares
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cabbage leaves, coarsely chopped
1 small carrot, julienned
1 stalk of negi (Welsh Onion), sliced diagonally
3 eggs, laced with (white) pepper and shoyu, beaten thoroughly
Oyster sauce
Nagasawake sauce/Shoyu
Bulldog/Tonkatsu sauce (Japanese fruit sauce)
sake
sesame oil
salt
pepper
aonori seaweed (garnishing)
mayonnaise (garnishing)

Method:

1. Without any additional oil, fry the ramen noodles on high heat with a little bit of sake. Turn over when the noodles are slightly toasted and fragrant. Cut into quarters with the frying slice/spatula and remove from heat once the noodles are free from the smell of the preservative chemicals used in the packaging.

2. To the hot wok/griddle pan, add some sesame oil and chopped garlic. Fry until fragrant.

3. Add the sliced pork/bacon. and continue to fry until the meat is well done.

4. Add in the veegtables and stir fry quickly on high heat. Drizzle with some Nagasawake sauce or shoyu (Japanese soy sauce) and sautee.

5. Add in the noodles and mix well with the fried vegetables. Add a dash of Nagasawake sauce, tonkatsu sauce (to tart up the flavours a bit) and sake. Sautee/Flambe over high heat.

6. When the noodles have fused together (should be dry or slightly moist), remove from heat and set aside.

7. To the hot wok/pan, lightly coat the surface with oil and add in the beaten eggs. Spread it around the wok/pan into a large circular sheet. Allow it to set till the hot side is slightly toasted.

8. Quickly add in the noodles onto the egg sheet. Fold over to wrap it up and shift it to the side of the pan.

9. Flip the egg/noodle ensemble onto a large plate and shape the egg wrap into the desired shape.

10. Drizzle some mayonnaise, extra tonkatsu sauce over the egg wrap and garnish with aonori seaweed.

XL Omusoba, done. :XD:

(Note 1: The weights and measures indicated are only a rough guide. You may vary the amounts or quality of the ingredients depending on the serving size required or availability.)

E&OE. YMMV.

I made Cinammon Toast Crunch french toast this morning. :sparkleguy:

17tnhx.jpg

A little burnt...

It tastes a lot better than it looks, though. I promise. :uh..:

ANYWAY...
I love cooking, and I'm so glad this thread was made. :ayashii:

Brigadeiro
novo-1_Brigadeiro.jpg

It is a simple Brazilian chocolate bonbon, created in the 1940s and named after Brigadier Eduardo Gomes, whose shape is reminiscent of that of some varieties of chocolate truffles. It is a popular candy in Brazil and it is usually served at birthday parties, but can also be found at any kind of party.

It is very good, and it also disappears very fast in parties :XD:

:omg: :omg: :omg: OMG you guys are making me hungry!!! everything looks sooooo delicious!!! うまい!おいしいよ!!  :touched:

Re:

missjasminnn said:
:omg: :omg: :omg: OMG you guys are making me hungry!!! everything looks sooooo delicious!!! うまい!おいしいよ!!  :touched:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But...isn't "うまい" supposed to be uttered by men only? :knife:

@special_k: umai? lol idk i use it all the time :XD: i'm a very rude person and use men's words all the time :knife: but i think men are supposed to use it when you wish or want something to go well, since umai also means something should go well. i hear umai used by girls to describe something delicious lol

Back