Chat login system

arqnohikari

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
Just wondering if there can be a chat login screen or something.

With the increase in trolls lately, it's just a thought.

Basically, you have to login with your UN and PW to go into the chat.

I guess that makes the chatroom members only :psst:
:XD:
anyway, just a thought :tea:

^ But I think that having that troll in the chat helps to know his plans before he strikes lol. Also there are many times where non-registered members come to the chat to meet people. So I dunno if its a good idea.

I've noticed recently that I can no longer access chat from my student account at college - is chat blocking access from web proxies such as the proxy server the college uses?

AFAIK Sud blocked Maxthon browser because the chat troll were using it because it has build in proxy switcher, so if you college uses that, try to use other one.

George, did I just get banned from chat or something?

Neither my desktop at work or my lappie can login to chat, no matter if I use IE, Mozilla or Google chrome. I just get this blank screen, even if I refresh or restart comp. :blood:

No, I guess Sud banned proxies from accesing the chat, so if your browsers use a proxy, they wont be able to access it. I will pm him about it but for now, to tell Firefox to not use proxy go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Options/Preferences > Click on first option ("Do not use proxy"). Then report back here.

Done it but still can't access. Nvm, I'll stick with the forums for now...

Maybe it's my internet issue. :ayashii:

casarian, do you see a blank webpage or just a blank chat log? If it's just a blank chat log you can try pressing the green Connect button under your chat name.

I'm against members-only chat. There are lots of people who come to chat before they sign up on the forum (and some that have been there for years and aren't on the forum)

^ my school's internet has proxy and I can still access chat :confu:

I was only suggesting this because of the major amounts of troll we've been having lately.

I didn't mean anything bad from it.
we gotta find a way to tone it down. :uh..:

Updated chat filters.

Removed a check that would effect some university setups (can't help it if y'all have lazy admins), added in more search engine checks.

Added a message to the error page for debugging anybody else.

@ Eddie- blank webpage. no nothing at all.

Still can't access. :rain:

Re:

Sudrien said:
Updated chat filters.

Removed a check that would effect some university setups (can't help it if y'all have lazy admins), added in more search engine checks.

Thanks Sudrien, will check it after Easter.

Re:

Sudrien said:
Updated chat filters.

Thanks Sudrien, now working from this .edu.au site.

Back