Believe Lyrics

@nimsaj
I pretty much got the same thing for the lines with question marks, and most of the others. It's probably just Kanji differences here and there.

白い月の光の中(?)
白い月の光の中
左手で儚く虚無を探った
I uhh.. defiled Wakana's voice and slowed the song down for this section.
It sounds like もまさぐった but she says it so quick the ま can't really be heard. You can hear that there's something off about the さ though.

左手で儚く虚無もまさぐった
Kanji wise would be 左手で儚く虚無も弄った (hidari te de hakanaku kyomu mo masagutta)?

lol. I really don't know. I'm sure there's an "m" sound here, so at the very least it's 虚無も

@shiro
Mostly right. It's just the parts that we don't agree on yet.

@Hatouchan thanks! I didnt hear the "de" after naka lol my listening is getting bad..

And that would make sense! I actually had that too at first! (I also had some others...but lets not go there lol this part was a bit tricky to hear) But i ended up going with the "wo sagutta"...wakana needs to sing clearer :ayashii:but since you hear it too, i think we should go with it :p

@nimsaj
You can hear her holding the "de". It starts out pretty soft and sorta fades out a little but comes back. Then again, it could be へ. One month to the official lyrics. My friend asked me why I'm doing this. lol

Sorry to be a pessimist but some of the lyrics are generic for a Kajiura song. Like "until the dream gently ends" HOW MANY TIMES HAS THAT PHRASE BEEN USED WITH DIFFERENT MEANING OR DIFFERENT WORDING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER? LOADS!

^ kajiura tends to re-use many phrases/lines lol

i like the lyrics, though. not as memorable as, let's say, manten or something. but still okay.

Sorry to be a pessimist but some of the lyrics are generic for a Kajiura song. Like "until the dream gently ends" HOW MANY TIMES HAS THAT PHRASE BEEN USED WITH DIFFERENT MEANING OR DIFFERENT WORDING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER? LOADS!

It's just the general theme with the shows. Since her songs are always related to the show, and there is a theme that often gets repeated amongst the shows, you're gonna see some repetition. I think she mentioned it herself in one of her interviews. She's also not going to write lyrics that are completely unrelated, so you want something entirely different? Give her something unique to work with.

Whatever the case, I think Kajiura writes beautiful lyrics and don't mind it one bit. At least she's changing it up a bit and still manages to give lyrics that aren't cringe worthy.

I heard 白い月の光の中 ... I know Wakana is holding out the notes but can't help thinking it's my imagination.
Didn't managed to catch the "D" sound in で.

The engrish is going to be a slap on the face I presume. XD
If I were to link the song to the anime itself, I'd say it's (XXX) fight away.

Thing is Wakana ended the F word (no not that one) with a soft tone so I'm also going with "find a way".

She's also not going to write lyrics that are completely unrelated, so you want something entirely different? Give her something unique to work with.

Whatever the case, I think Kajiura writes beautiful lyrics and don't mind it one bit. At least she's changing it up a bit and still manages to give lyrics that aren't cringe worthy.

I didn't say I didn't like the lyrics, sorry for sounding rude. I love Kajiura's lyrics, and these are no exceptions. I think I was in a bad mood when I wrote that so now I'm regretting what I said now. Again, sorry. :bow:

magicmagiamahou, there is no need to apologize? it wasn't rude, only what felt true to you. As it happens, I feel the same: The lyrics are abysmal. No originality, no feeling, repetition of a bunch of cliche phrases.
I don't usually care much the lyrics of any song, because most of the time they are utter crap but I just dropped by to support magicmagiamahou's view. partially.

I didn't say I didn't like the lyrics, sorry for sounding rude. I love Kajiura's lyrics, and these are no exceptions. I think I was in a bad mood when I wrote that so now I'm regretting what I said now. Again, sorry. :bow:
Ah. I'm not sure if I said anything that made you feel the need to apologise. If I did, that was not my intent. I suppose putting that in a question answer form might sound a little aggressive. There's nothing wrong with having that opinion. So there's no need to apologise.

I think kajiura writes excellent lyrics when given the right material to work with. Kimi no gin no niwa, alleluia to name a recent few. The lyrics might also resonate with you more if you're a fan of the show it is about. As in the case of fsn and fate zero, shirou is carrying on kiritsugu's dream. Hence, that line. Kajiura does have a few favourite words and expressions though. She seems to have an obsession with silver as a colour. Lol. I'd like to know what silver signifies to her.

Reactions: Sei
^ and also some themes, like a ship sailing as a metaphor, she uses it in Shinkai no kodoku, matta kaze ga tsuyoku natta and kouya ruten. About silver, its the most common for metallic objects, so its not really unexpected when she wants to talk about them, and the moon can be silver too :XD:

Like I said in an other post before, she manages to write beautiful lyrics for her songs even if the songs themselves dont turn out that well, and I am glad for that fact.

Yeah, the word "mirai" which means future, has been in almost every Kalafina song after Madoka I think. heh But I still love these lyrics, especially the first section. Thanks for translating. Also, I hear "find your way" at the end. It sounds like a "your" so that's what I hear anyways.

By "after Madoka" you mean Magia or the song mirai ? For alleluia of course it would have the word since the movie is about that girl seing the future and the movie is called mirai fukuin. For to the beginning it would also since the FSN events are future compared to what happens in FZ. I guess you could say the same for KNGNN since what happens in the rebellion movie is also an unknown future compared to what happened in the first 2. :V:

Source:

tUHEAxr.jpg

Kalafina - Believe

まだ何も知らない
二人だった
左手で儚く
虚無を弄った
僅かな葛藤が
君の手を縛って
未来の姿を欺く

未来の姿を欺く
守ることさえ知らないけど
偽りの思いでも構わない
生きてみたい 
自分を

巡り来る
時の中で出会った
君と居たことを信じている
この夢が優しく果てるまで
切り開け蒼い日々を
fight your fate

静かな夜に
そっと灯した
言葉だった
冷たい雨のように落ちる
白い月の光の中 (@Hatouchan is right on this)

信じること
だけを信じた
眩しいほど強く
夜を照らす光だった
想いを繋ぐよ

まだ僕は知らない
哀しみが運命の果てに描く
虚無の姿を

願いの残像が
ノイズのように降って
古びた思いも見えない

それでも君が笑ったから
どうしても捨てられない未来
生きてゆこう
自分を

過ぎて行く時の中で出会った
変わりゆく僕を信じている
この夢が果てるその先まで
切り開け蒼い日々を
fight your fate

Told you the engrish will fool us.

Ah. Thanks! Guess it goes with Fate/staynight.

Sigh. Engrish indeed.

Back