Ali project

I was about to make a topic.

ANYWAYS, i've been listening to their Aristocracy album, and i FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. :nosebleed:

Next is Erotic and Heretic.

it's hard for me to get into a lot of their slow album stuff but i love their catchy anime themes ^^;

the one slow album song that really stands out for me is the instrumental version of glass tenjou no uchuu on the instru album

Me, me, me!
I've been listening to ALI PROJECT as long as Kajiura Yuki's music and various projects…if not a bit longer than Kajiura. Well, I still favour Kajiura's music. :swt:
Some of their music videos really creep me out though, especially Boukoku Kakusei Catharisis. :fwa: The song is creepy alone, but I love it.

i only got to listen to their anime songs...

but i like them

Love.

THOUGH I have to say I found "Gothic Opera" to be incredibly weak and boring. With a title like that and knowing ALI PROJECT my expectation were WAAAAAAAAAAY higher. Disappoint.

Never cared for them, never will.
Never liked them, never will.
Don't ask me why, even I'm not able to comprehend that -.-;;

Re:

grunty said:
Love.

THOUGH I have to say I found "Gothic Opera" to be incredibly weak and boring. With a title like that and knowing ALI PROJECT my expectation were WAAAAAAAAAAY higher. Disappoint.

What did you expected then? :ayashii:

A Gothic Opera, I suppose :XD:
I'm pretty much into this duo, although my experience is limited to their anime contributions. Their style is unique (if a little repetitive at times :psst: ), their ballads have the elegance, their upbeat songs have the drive, and Katakura is a great instrumentalist as well, I say he really should make more OSTs. :sohappy: And Arika's voice is amazing to say the least.
My favourite songs by them are Mirai no Eve, Rara Eve Shinseiki, Kinjirareta Asobi, Ankoku Tengoku and Kitei no Tsurugi.
I also adore the entire .hack//roots OST as well as some tracks from Avenger, Marimite and Kaibutsu Oujo :shy:

I need more songs about them as i was not impressed by their anime songs. Maybe they have some songs that are closer to my style if i search.

Re: Re:

moichispa said:
grunty said:
Love.

What did you expected then? :ayashii:

Passion, drama, action etc.

Hell, why not reintroduce the choir that appeared on the orchestral arrange of Catharsis and several tracks on Poison? We've already heard like 1/3 of the tracks in string/orchestral arranges before, so anything to make it actually interesting and different from the originals (not to say unique) would be most welcomed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzVuxasDuhc[/youtube]

What I got was a pretty and bland orchestral album with Arika just standing and singing. They have done better on Grand Finale IMHO.

moichispa said:
Go search those on original Albums or string versions of Singles at best Albums. You will not find then on string album ones.

I already know all their CDs - don't see the point of your post. Are you trying to reverse troll me?

You asked me what I was expecting from this album with a "Gothic Opera" title so I answered.

Mmkay so I'm planning on DL all of their albums. SO far I've dl and listened to 3: Aristocracy, Erotic and Heretic, and Moonlight Intoxication.

Are there any singles that aren't included on their albums? Like the b-side of a single.

Pretty sure most of their b-sides are included on the best albums.

From what I remember on the recent singles, neither Phantom OP b-side nor SoraKake b-side found their way to La Vita Romantica.

Might as well update/bump:

July 14: Gothic Opera live DVD
July 14: Fate/extra theme single
August 25: Katanagatari OP2 single
September 29: new album

I like them!~
I know them longer than I know Yuki-sama :shy: :cry:
I like the gothic style on their songs, it give me some creepy feeling that I like.
I especially like Ankoku Tengoku because it's the OST of one my favourite anime~
but I found Ali project's vocalist sang in "shiroi ari" (it is her words for her slow and happy voice style) while she often sang in "kuroi ari" (the opposite of shiroi, of course) and I like it too~Peony Pink~

I first discovered their "dark" songs. Then, stumbling upon "Wish", I could hardly believe my ears. :XD:
Ankoku Tengoku is one of my faves, too. I also adore Mirai no Eve, Kitei no Tsurugi and Rara Eve Shinseiki. Jigoku no Mon also comes close.
Katana to Saya, which I heard recently, is another really interesting take on a well-known recipe, although the verse oddly sounds catchier than the refrain. :XD:

Back