Ali project

^
If you're set to attend this year's Anisama, be sure to pay close attention to Arika's MC apart from their performances and their uh...trap ALIPON dancers. She usually delivers the best MC of the night (besides Tamura Yukari). It's one of those highlights I've always taken away with fond memories after leaving each Anisama in the past.

^ I saw one of their Anisong MCs, and while I couldn't understand a word, the sight of Katakura grinning widely hinted me that Arika was saying something reeeeaaally worth listening. :ayashii: :XD:

Re:

^
I second that! :goodjob:

Nick Hunter said:
^ I saw one of their Anisong MCs, and while I couldn't understand a word, the sight of Katakura grinning widely hinted me that Arika was saying something reeeeaaally worth listening. :ayashii: :XD:
Yep, while the other artists generally talk about how they feel performing in the concert and misc. other fluffy stuff, Arika strays from the conventional.

Example - excerpt of Arika's MC from my Anisama 2010 report (Unedited as I have yet to watch the Blu-ray/DVD recorded version. Perhaps those who have watched it can help me correct my draft :3)
:nophoto:
Arika introduced herself as a demonic oiran/courtesan (妖怪花魁), and said her massive wig was too heavy. “I normally dwell deep within the abyss of darkness so I couldn’t be bothered about the affairs of this transient world, but there’s this thing in the music business called the Oricon chart ... Every time we released a new single, it always made it within the rankings of No.10 and No.20 but couldn’t really go any higher than that ... Everyone of you who is here today is fine, but it seems ALIPRO’s music have not been reaching the ears of that other mass of typical, ignorant people ... So I just thought, to everyone who came today, maybe each of you can buy a “Katana to Saya” CD on your way home and help spread ALIPRO’s publicity ... The CD is at most around 1000 yen. If you skip one meal, you can buy it”. Arika then talked about their upcoming new album “Hanshin Nihon Shugi” (汎新日本主義/Pan Neo Japanese Nationalistic Ideological Movement) which has a CD jacket cover featuring her in army camouflaged clothes and posing with a rifle. “In a way, that album title sounds very risky ... Those who do not know what the title means, please check a dictionary when you go home ... Also in that album, I performed “Kimigayo” (the national anthem of Japan). It’s the very beautiful “Kimigayo” but I’m worried that sales for this album are going to get BANNED. Before that happens, by all means, please buy it”. Finally, Arika went on to introduce “Ranse EROICA” (Theme song of the Fate/EXTRA game). “Everyone, you shouldn’t only play games all the time! Make sure you study properly once in a while! When you see young people, don’t you just feel like lecturing them?”.

And...

Arika's message at the Final Group MC - “Assuming I don’t get busted for breaking the Swords and Firearms Control Law, we will appear in next year’s (2011) concert.”
Gee... ALIPRO didn't perform in Anisama 2011. I wonder what happened. :ohoho:

As for Tamura Yukari, she LOVES trolling and insulting people so there you go. :XD:

I remember that when ALIPRO went to sakura-con Arika wanted to go with their katanas but she didin't because she was afraid of borders.

Ali project mc's are so funny. and the behind the scenes are better with all the dancers.

One example

I have extracted the audio from Animelo Summer Live 2010 which includes ALI Project's MC. I'll upload just the ALI Project MC when I get home.

^
Thanks for uploading the MC audio clip!

Phew... Looks like most of the parts I scribbled down on that night were consistent with what Arika said except for a few mistakes (no thanks to my senile memory). And LOL they cut and edited out the part where she was talking about their “Hanshin Nihon Shugi” album. That's a shame. That part was hilarious. They really should have kept everything she said. :XD:

Re:

Trunks_Elk said:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/aff/click.cgi/e86NDzbdSLQ/3211/A526048/detailview.html?KEY=TKCU-77139

New album?? Someone has any information? o.o

Feeding the information on that page into google scramble returns:

/ ALI PROJECT fake nurses

Yin and yang theme · conflict that can not be competent genius of painter fake to surpass the real thing, the spirit will be tough is aloof, to ordinary people lurking in there is to know thereby "truth is ... Where is it", and original new album "ALI PROJECT" contrary to draw a variety of good and evil, such as · · · darkness, and light.

Arika being her cryptic self, but "orginal new album" sounds good.

I have some info :sparkleguy:

It will have 10 tracks and no instrumental.

and there is going to be a song like Peking lovers and ahen shindai.

Set list from Animelo Summer Live 2012 day 1:

Kyomu Densen / ALI PROJECT (Another OP)
Gesshoku Grand Guignol / ALI PROJECT (Avenger OP)
Peony Pink / ALI PROJECT (Clamp School Detectives OP)

Arika had a white wig with touches of pink/red and sang the first song like the video clip, crawling out of one of the holes in the stage. No katana that I noticed.

Re:

Kugayama said:
Set list from Animelo Summer Live 2012 day 1:

Kyomu Densen / ALI PROJECT (Another OP)
Gesshoku Grand Guignol / ALI PROJECT (Avenger OP)
Peony Pink / ALI PROJECT (Clamp School Detectives OP)

Arika had a white wig with touches of pink/red and sang the first song like the video clip, crawling out of one of the holes in the stage. No katana that I noticed.

:white:

Oh, ALI PROJECT :XD:

Back