Akiko Shikata

Re: Re:

SpicaShining said:
I'm not denying that. I'm also not denying tha tYuki's place in music history isn't exactly that of a Beethoven or a Purcell or a Tallis. You generally have to be dead for that, for one thing, which, thank God, Yuki isn't!

:XD: Not exactly what i meat,but yeah let's hope she'll live long enough to make thousands of awesome songs :dote:
P.S.Btw,I love them both equally for different reasons.
:tea:

I love them both but I love Yuki more, for different reasons. :D

I could tell that :ayashii:

@kosmo:yeah i see that ;)

May i ask you if there is some song of Yuki's collection in particular that you find more (kinda) similar to Umineko?

Hikari no Yukue. :XD: But I tend to compare impressions rather than melody and arrangements. :ohoho: that's the power of the word "kinda". :sparkleguy:
In general, it's not a given that people whose music sometimes resembles Yuki's were all fans of Yuki.

Well, there's admittedly a lot more to being an all-time music legend than being dead/'historical', but it certainly seems to help.

:confu: Really? umineko anime op and Salva nos are the same?

It seems too different for me. Electronic base seems more complex in Akiko theme.

About the chorus. Both are in Italian but while Yuki ones work at a middle tone using all voices together, Akiko uses both low male types tones and female more high ones separately. Also there are repentance of words between chorus and thing that are not found at Yuki song.

about Ulliean pipe, yeah Yuki used sometimes that instrument. For example the intro of .hack sign ost Labyrinth has a celtic similar rythimc but another
songs like Xenoxaga Ii main theme does have that instrument but it does not have Celtic rhythmic one.

Also Pipe is an instrument common in Celtic music but it exist also in other counties (it is lees internationally know but it exist) in some Balkanise country (forget the name sorry) and it is not "Celtic" music. Also not always pipes on Celtic territories plays Celtic music. I have herd pipes playing rock songs it it sounded great.

As far I know Akiko influence seems to be more directed with whistle (hi-pitched little metal flute), maybe it is not even the instrument itself the flutes seems similar, rhythmic, and violin rather than pipes.

Celtic music is quite big and even having both of them some influence on this music they can be different

Re: Re:

SpicaShining said:
'Salva Nos', if pared down to the same sort of insrumentation as 'One-Winged Bird', would have a similar sound in some senses (prosody in the Italian parts of 'One-Winged Bird', for instance), though obviously the melody would still be very different.

:desksweat: :desksweat: :desksweat: :desksweat:
1. prosody, which means "the patterns of sound and rhythm in poetry and spoken language, or the rules for arranging these patterns". both of the lyrics used Italian, thus having a similar prosody is not strange.
so, I dont think that can be a criterion to judge "influence"
2. if melodies are similar, that's the issue of being a copycat...

anyways, if you think Akiko has influenced by Yuki's music, please show us the PROOF, like what Akiko HERSELF said somewhere; I don't want to read more vain explanation.

I also wonder, WHY are you so yearning for seeing that Akiko has influenced by Yuki? is it that bad to be not influenced by Yuki/anyone else? that's so weird!

I'm not 'yearning' for anything. I'm trying to explain something that I heard that at this point seems not to have existed for people other than me.

Seeing false connexions and analogues is a symptom of a legitimate mental illness for me. It's kind of a sore topic, as I'm sure you can imagine.

i agree. we should stop here, and I believe there's no similarity between Akiko's music and Yuki's music. I would change mind if anyone showing me the proof >_>

well, for me, I firstly tried her "RAKA" and got addicted to her songs.
I admit that I don't have most of her OST tracks (and I don't want to find because it sounds kinda troublesome...) but I really love her songs <3

then I tried her hymmnos, thanks to that, I also liked other artists including Noriko Mitose :XD:

for the newest single, it's typical Akiko's style, but I don't think there's anything special in that sample =/ maybe things may change when the whole single is out... xD

If you haven't tried her orgel albums(i mean any of you lol not the last ones that posted :XD: ) you should try them.
And please..only Kerahna asked me about Terpsichora so far... :spotlight: this song needs more love,it's awesome
(well the greek in it isn't,but it's fun and i appreciate the fact she tried to sing in Greek :dote: )

Re:

Lunaria77 said:
If you haven't tried her orgel albums(i mean any of you lol not the last ones that posted :XD: )
yeah, you know i have them :glasses:

Lunaria77 said:
And please..only Kerahna asked me about Terpsichora so far... :spotlight: this song needs more love,it's awesome
because i've already listened to that album immediately after its release. yeah, Terpsichora is one of my fav in that album (another one is "Kalliope", the first one) <3
I love the chorus in that track :3

:knife: You know i didn't mean you,dear... :XD:
I know it isn't one of your general favorites by her :tea:

Re:

Lunaria77 said:
:knife: You know i didn't mean you,dear... :XD:
I know it isn't one of your general favorites by her :tea:

I know, of course :plot:

what? you mean "Terpsichora"? it's one of my AKiko favs. I used to loop it but that before i got my last.fm o.O

KOSMO your avatar so cute XD
in first year japanese class i wrote a speech about fugu vs shark :ohoho: and fugu kills more people

edit: oops i misspelled :ayashii:

Of course fugu kills more people. Shark minds its business whenever it can. Fugu is a jackass.

Back