Aimer "Penny Rain" album includes "pluie" (prologue composed by Kajiura), Hana no Uta, I Beg You

Because no one should sing like they're gargling or eating hot potatoes. The fact that so many people here aren't feeling the song and aimer's performance in it restores 0.001% of my faith in humanity.
Yaya, I remember. "Special place in hell for people who sing like Aimer". I'll say Hi to Aimer if I'm nearby thanks to some other things in my life. ;)
Btw, I already hate the placements in "Penny Rain". "I beg you" comes before "Hana no Uta" which means that they didn't understand anything from the storytelling.
Well, I guess it's not like they have the 3rd song to complete the storytelling anyways. Might as well try to tell a new story with whatever you have. ;) (Or maybe it is completely random. ;p)

Well, I guess it's not like they have the 3rd song to complete the storytelling anyways. Might as well try to tell a new story with whatever you have. ;) (Or maybe it is completely random. ;p)

Yeah Yeah, actually that's the most exasperating thing about this release. It would make sense to wait for the third song --'
Aimer's distributors go full commercial without even using their brain.

I believe there’s an interview floating around where she says her current voice is a result of damage from oversinging, or something to that effect. I like her voice and her delivery but sometimes she sings in a way that sounds like she’s slurring.
That's really the worst part about her singing. Her pronunciation of Japanese when she sings is...unique, to put it lightly. Most of her fans say it's what attracts them to her songs, whereas for those others (like me) it's a major turn off. I liked it in the beginning, but the novelty wears out quick.

Vowel shaping is one of the most important aspects of healthy technique, and Aimer's is less than ideal. Singing from the throat and constantly straining it isn't good technique either, but I don't think anyone applauds her for superior vocal technique - they like her songs and like her voice. I like Kajiura's songs but I wish they were sung by Kalafina, sigh.

So basically, every singer sucks.
Hmm. You know what... lolz.
But it does feel funny when a whole post is about "unhealthy technique" in regards to whatever Aimer is doing but then ends with "wish the song was by Kalafina".
But that's off topic. Kalafina is no mo.

That seems like a good thing to me.:plot:
Never said it wasn’t :p

Edit: yeah it sounds like she’s on stage singing and she’s got a vibrator stuck somewhere and she’s just trying to get through the song without being obvious about what’s going on

uhh what just happened to this thread?? lol :white:

I really want to say "You guys are more repetitive than Kajiura's melody for bringing this up again" but then I'm just casual Aimer listener so go on lmao anyway stan Kajiura's vocalists we don't need problematic diva(not Aimer lol) :psst:

I personally have no issue with her voice so idk what you say. I beg you surely sounds much better than hana no uta though, high notes dont suit her. And please stop talking about vibrators, its ridiculous 🤨

I personally have no issue with her voice so idk what you say. I beg you surely sounds much better than hana no uta though, high notes dont suit her. And please stop talking about vibrators, its ridiculous 🤨
There’s nothing ridiculous about vibrators. And it was only mentioned ONCE as a hyperbole.

But allow me to clear the air for the record- what I meant to imply was NOT that she is a bad singer or that I don’t like her voice. On the contrary I think she has a very distinctive voice and style. It’s just that whenever I hear the chorus of “Hana no Uta” that scenario plays in my mind. ^__~

Wow! It's always something, are you guys just bored due to lack of activities to talk about?

So, you resolve to this?

^ well im not. I never enjoy badmouthing vocalists just because i dont personally like the voices (i usually do like them). If i dont like a song then i stop listening to it, and same with the singer. There is no use writing walls about negative feelings on here, as it result to no bettering of the vocalist, or the songs.

From Kajiura's tweet last night.
"あっそうなんです。言っちゃっていいのかな〜ってちょっと思っておりました( ̄∇ ̄*)ゞ。Aimerさんの豪華なニューアルバム「Sun Dance & Penny Rain」Penny Rainの方に、I beg youのovertureのような形で光栄な事に一曲書かせて頂きました。"

Google translator said
"It looks like that. I wondered what I was saying- ∇ ̄ *)ゞ. We have written a song for Aimer's luxurious new album "Sun Dance & Penny Rain" for Penny Rain, in the form of overture of I beg you."

Look like pluie would be sth. very related to I beg you...? I'm thinking of that percussion creepy version of I beg you used in the movie. Or it may be sth. absolutely new that is fit for the intro of I beg you. O__o

Back