Aimer "Penny Rain" album includes "pluie" (prologue composed by Kajiura), Hana no Uta, I Beg You

There's a scene where she's sitting with her face slowly looking up with crazy? eyes while the light is moving into her. I really like that part.

I'm still perplexed so many people (here) aren't feeling the song (or Aimer's performance in it) lol.

its will be something like Kalafina "overture" with some atmospheric sfx, strings and some aimer english or Kajiurago i bet :)

and wow thats a hell alot of songs there! Is it something like 3 albums together ?

No. It's 2 (best?) albums (Sun Dance & Penny Rain). Limited editions with extra bluray discs containing PVs and lives.

its will be something like Kalafina "overture" with some atmospheric sfx, strings and some aimer english or Kajiurago i bet :)

and wow thats a hell alot of songs there! Is it something like 3 albums together ?

K-Kajiurago Aimer you say?!? :gimmeh: Anyway Penny Rain seems like overkill lol. So many collabs compared to Sun dance :@_@:

question: given "pluie" is by Kajiura, what is all that "soleil et pluie" on the 4th disc ? (in french it means "sun and rain")

I think the 3rd and 4th discs are PVs and a live concert. [I’m just repeating what grunty already said.] And I think this is just considered her next albums, not a best of, even though several songs were already released as singles.

Noice. Expecting Aimer x piano only, but we'll see. It'll also be a good oportunity for me to check out more of her music, hue.

Also, good that she's writing non animu stuff for other singers. I'm surprised it took this long.

Cool. I'm probably most excited for the I beg you PV on Blu-Ray actually. That girl is gorgeous. Especially when she smiles in slo-mo shots around the tree.
That PV is pretty cool. I love the imagery the chose. And the girl is indeed pretty as fuark.

I think the 3rd and 4th discs are PVs and a live concert. [I’m just repeating what grunty already said.] And I think this is just considered her next albums, not a best of, even though several songs were already released as singles.
Yea, I don't know how Aimer goes about releasing her songs so I just put that in parentheses.

question: given "pluie" is by Kajiura, what is all that "soleil et pluie" on the 4th disc ? (in french it means "sun and rain")
That's the live concert disc.
Aimer Hall Tour 18/19 "soleil et pluie" 東京公演ライブ映像

I just found out that the actress in the I Beg You PV is Minami Hamabe. She was very charming in the Let Me Eat Your Pancreas live action movie, which was an entertaining but shameless tear-jerker/herbivore men pandering story.

I'm still perplexed so many people (here) aren't feeling the song (or Aimer's performance in it) lol.

Because no one should sing like they're gargling or eating hot potatoes. The fact that so many people here aren't feeling the song and aimer's performance in it restores 0.001% of my faith in humanity.

I’ll say that I like I Beg You, both the song and the singing, 10x more than anything on Wakana’s album (although bless her heart I still love her).

I'm trying to be mature and quoting something from Day6 here:
"If you don't like the song then this song is just not your type of song. There's no good or bad music. If you like it, then it's good music to you."

but my pettiness can't stop saying: aimer is a horrible singer. And I actually enjoyed Wakana's album a lot more than I thought I would.

I can understand how Aimer’s voice and style rubs some people the wrong way, because that’s how I felt when I first listened to her. And I didn’t mean to imply that I thought Wakana’s album is bad. I think it’s ok, it’s just not my cup of tea. I’m glad people express their honest opinions on this forum.

I was expecting the introduction piece to be by Hiroyuki Sawano (he's always trying to put his stuff somewhere, just like with Takanori Nishikawa's SINGularity). So I'm happy to hear this new.

"pluie" 's duration is 1:59, just like "soleil" in the other album. Coincidence ? Can we expect something, also considering that the title is written with no capital letters, like always with YK ? (Or maybe it was already announced that another composer will handle this ?)

Btw, I already hate the placements in "Penny Rain". "I beg you" comes before "Hana no Uta" which means that they didn't understand anything from the storytelling. And "i-mage <in/AR>" by Hiroyuki Sawano is more like a motivational song, should have been put in "Sun Dance". I will make no comment on the rest of the songs.

Because no one should sing like they're gargling or eating hot potatoes. The fact that so many people here aren't feeling the song and aimer's performance in it restores 0.001% of my faith in humanity.
I don't get the complaint that her voice sounds like she's gargling. That would mean she's singing from the throat, but her vocal placement is fine.
Same with eating hot potatoes. Her voice doesn't sound stuffed.
And that's also used as an image/sensation for images to learn how to raise the soft palate, hue.

Anyway, the only unnatural quality I can get out of her voice is that it's very airy (but not weak), but that's either her style or a result of the vocal folds problem she had when she was younger. The husky quality is either natural or also a result of her problem.

I don't get the complaint that her voice sounds like she's gargling. That would mean she's singing from the throat, but her vocal placement is fine.
Same with eating hot potatoes. Her voice doesn't sound stuffed.
And that's also used as an image/sensation for images to learn how to raise the soft palate, hue.

Anyway, the only unnatural quality I can get out of her voice is that it's very airy (but not weak), but that's either her style or a result of the vocal folds problem she had when she was younger. The husky quality is either natural or also a result of her problem.
I believe there’s an interview floating around where she says her current voice is a result of damage from oversinging, or something to that effect. I like her voice and her delivery but sometimes she sings in a way that sounds like she’s slurring.

Back