Aimer エメ Thread

S

shiro

I'm kind of surprised there's no official thread… or is there one? (sorry if there is)

If you listened to it her most recent album, what did you think of it?

For me the gem is Last Stardust (looped it so many times when I got it), and some songs are not quite there but still good. I think the fact that Aimer stays in her comfortable range when singing works in her favor. imo the album is a good conclusion to her "sleepless nights" story.

I loved the new album, it was really rather good. I haven't heard Midnight Sun yet but I think this might actually be my favourite of hers compared to Sleepless Nights and After Dark. Dare ka, Umi wo is amazing, as is Brave Shine. BroKen Night and Re:far are great, too. In fact, all of it is great. Happy I picked up the CD+BD combo :sohappy:.

I still think Ophelia is even better than anything on the album however.

This album is also my favorite I think… (apparently a general consensus among people who listen to her but I'm not sure)
Funnily enough, a lot of my favorites of hers are on Midnight Sun. Ophelia is indeed a great song though, very Aimer style.
I tend to gravitate towards her star/sleep(?) related titles …. and was obsessed with Hakuchuumu and the Nemuri no Mori remix from the Dare ka, Umi wo EP for a while, haha. I should probably think about starting to get BDs …
It's a shame we are both missing her show in Osaka. :orz:

To be honest, Aimer is the only singer i listen now besides Yuki and her project of course. Sometimes i listen to sawano's work too.
What i love the most from Aimer is her lyrics in her songs. Aimer songs have a great lyrics and it is easy to understand compared to Kajiura-san does.
Sometimes the lyrics are sweet, sad, hopeful and sometimes cheerful...

Her live performance is not as good as Kalafina or Kajiura-san utahimes. She still lacks of control

Every live recording I've seen of hers has been absolutely amazing, so I find that hard to believe. I haven't seen her in person however so I might be wrong.

Goodness, apologies for thread diving and bumping an old post, but I'm glad to see there's an Aimer thread!

I haven't gotten a change to listen to her newest album DAWN, but I did happen to snag Midnight Sun at some point when I realized she was going to be a guest at AX and desperately tried to make one of her signings.

That first cover album of hers really caught my attention so I've been low-key fixating on her ever since haha.

I can't speak to any of the songs in DAWN but for Midnight Sun my favorite has to be Nemuri no Mori. I love how it transitions straight in from the first song on the album and it's both energetic and soothing at the same time. Whenever I describe this song to people, I say that if I were sky diving, on a sail boat, or anything where you feel the wind in your hair as you gaze out upon nature, i would want to be listening to this song. :)

I hope more live performances start surfacing on the internet. She's simply divine to listen to.

@shiro
@noGenerators
@Seasonreaper
@giffy

Aimer covered believe! And I found a recording of it! She sang it Anime Expo 2015. It's not a collab, so it's an Aimer solo. But dang, is it a good cover. I think she sang it even better than the girls themselves - her vocals are very unique and the amount of emotion she puts into it is amazing. Her voice has such raw power, especially in the chorus. If it's Aimer, I don't mind the song since her voice more than makes up for it.
:ohoho:

Aha yes, I have heard that performance although the recording wasn't the best quality. It's pretty good, Aimer's voice suits the song more than Kalafina's honestly.

I'd like to hear her cover RYB actually since Brave Shine was paired to that, I reckon she could do an amazing job with it, her vocals would work well with that instrumentation. Then again her vocals work well with most things.

I've heard it before as well, and I agree that it was awesome. Aimer does sound amazing singing it. I'm on the other side of the spectrum though, I think she sounds great singing within her capable range (which is why most of her songs tones(?) are similar) or if she makes adjustments to the song to suit her voice .

New Single with Sawano Hiroyuki:

SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]のNEW SINGLEにゲストボーカルとして参加決定!
「機動戦士ガンダムユニコーン RE:0096」2nd エンディングテーマ!  (2016.02.21)

http://www.aimer-web.jp/topics.html?464821

2nd Ending theme for Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096. I'm hoping it's another rock song like RE:I AM and StarRingChild. They were really good, along with the enire UnChild album.

Double Post, but the tracklist is out:

6月29日にリリースとなる4th single「Into the Sky EP」に収録の「bL∞dy f8 -eUC-」のボーカルをAimerが担当。「bL∞dy f8 -eUC-」は4月3日より2クールにわたって放送となるTVアニメ「機動戦士ガンダムユニコーン RE:0096」の2nd エンディングテーマとなります。お楽しみに!

SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]
「Into the Sky EP」
2016年6月29日発売

■収録内容

M1「Into the Sky」by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Tielle

※「機動戦士ガンダムユニコーン RE:0096」オープニングテーマ

M2「Next 2 U -eUC-」by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:naNami

※「機動戦士ガンダムユニコーン RE:0096」1st エンディングテーマ

M3「bL∞dy f8 -eUC-」by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer

※「機動戦士ガンダムユニコーン RE:0096」2nd エンディングテーマ

M4「Pretenders -eO1-」 by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mica

M5「Into the Sky (TV size)」

M6「Next 2 U -eUC- (TV size)」

M7「bL∞dy f8 -eUc- (TV size)」

M8「Into the Sky (instrumental)」

So... Remixes of bL∞dy f8 and Next 2 U?

I want to know what song did she perform on that countdown japan 1617 video because from what i hear (which is only like 45secs) it was really bad.

There's a rumor that Kajiura will compose for Aimer's ED theme song :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
I wonder why triple-A side?

I honestly can't think of any other examples of a triple a-side. At all.

Will be looking forward to it, naturally.

^I speculate that the new version of Rokutousei no Yoru was going to be the B-side but because of its popularity they made it another A-side.

Back