A page with all the kajiurago related quotes in 1 place?

george1234

Years now people keep asking what are the kajiurago lyrics, and me and other have gotten tired of explaining every time. So I thought that since we already got a few explanations about them from official lips (Kajiura-san, Yuriko Kaida), that it would a be a good idea to gather them in 1 page so that people can get informed about them easily. I need a bit of help searching the text interviews about it.

What about this? :ayashii:

I have seen many times already asked this, it's unbearable. :uh..: :voodoo:

Yes i thinking that will be a good idea. If again asking just give them link on page where will be explanation what is Kajiurago mean.
And of course official information from Yuki and Yuriko what they say's about Kajiurago. :knife:

So I will be posting the quotes here as I find them

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=435&p=18072&hilit=#p18071
Kaida Yuriko said:
[...]
When it comes to Kajiura-san, Kajiurago matters. I've been singing a lot of songs in Kajiurago.
Kajiurago lyrics are written on the sheets in Roman, instead of Katakana.I often rewrite the words into Katakana to make them easy to read.
Sometimes I ask her "Is this メ(me) or ノ(no)?"  And she replies "That is...bla bla bla..."But eventually I rewrite them into other words so that I can read them easily. And I say "Sorry, I've sung wrong words." Then she says "That's all right if you can sing more easily" And she rewrites them. So I think I'm one of those who create Kajiurago.
I think Kajiurago doesn't have meaning. I think a lot of Kajiurago will continue to be made. Let's sing them together. I'll continue to work hard, too.
「梶浦語」についてもう少し・・・
(A little more about "Kajiurago"...)

http://canta-per-me.net/2012/08/yuki-ka ... ne-nation/
Yuki Kajiura said:
If you use actual lyrics, songs instantly take on their own meaning. Unlike movies, most TV anime recycles the same piece of background music in different situations. If the song has a very clear meaning, it can create problems when used in a different scene. It bothered me several times until I decided to get rid of that potential problem altogether. (Kajiurago) instantly gives you imagination free rein and lets you create a different meaning that suitably fits the scene. My made up language seems be the perfect fit for that kind of background music.

I also think it's a good idea :)
But where should we put the page? The forum? Main page? Or here? :confu:

Re:

george1234 said:
Main site, so that visitors that keep asking the question can see it.
"Kajiurago" on main menu or "Yuki's language (+-Kajiurago)" :ayashii:
it will attract people's attention? what do you think?
or separate section "Kajiurago" in Lyrics & Song Info with all the kajiurago related songs?

^ No, just a page hosting all these quotes, like I suggest it at first. Yes it will be in the lyrics menu, probably titled "About Kajiurago". :)

*bump*

Quote from AnimeGiga video interview
Interviewer: What is 「Kajiurago」?

Kajiura: This so-called "Kajiurago" is actually a constructed language I frequently use, meaningless language fabricated by myself. It's only that I arbitrarily named it "Kajiurago". It's entirely meaningless.

Interviewer: Not even a bit of meaning?

Kajiura: Yeah. Fabricated only for its pronunciation. One thing is that when I wrote insert songs and other songs for anime, I had initially used Italian, Latin, and the like before. Even if it were a non-Japanese song, for scenes whose meaning I cannot match, to use lyrics not matching the work, I don't like that.

Interviewer: Why use "meaningless lyrics"?

Kajiura: Despite the thought that few will understand anyway if English is used, few will understand anyway if Italian is used, I nevertheless have great psychological reactance. When I no longer wished to continue doing thus, I remembered that I could choose constructed language. If you were to ask me about its benefits, it would not be shackled by meaning, allowing listeners free rein for imagination, and I also get a lot more freedom myself.

Interviewer: I see.

Kajiura: The sounds fitting the melody most can be used. There previously had been no choice at times, but to sing unsuitable pronunciations at clearly unsuitable vocal ranges. Totally not a problem when using constructed language. If singing 'a' suits here then sing 'a', if singing 'i' suits there then singing 'i' or 'mi' are both fine. There's total freedom in articulation as the lyrics have no meaning. Therefore there's considerable freedom in singing.

*bump* 2

from http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/yu ... questions/

Questions said:
How did you decided to use male vocalist for the “tear fall in my heart” track of WFS, because it sounds so pretty yet you do it so
rarely.

15歳の志願兵の曲「tears fall in my heart」は 梶浦さんには珍しい男性ボーカル曲だと思いますが、 男性ボーカル(川瀬幹比虎さん)を起用した理由と、 日本語ではなく梶浦語の歌にした理由等、エピソードあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

Yuki Kajiura said:
あの作品には男性ヴォーカルが合うなと思いました。最後女声では少し甘くなりすぎると思ったので。川瀬幹比虎さんは、優しいお声を出して下さる男性ヴォーカルの方を探す中で、ある方からご紹介頂いて、お願い致しました。日本語にしなかったのは、あのドラマの最後は歌で送りたかったのと同時に、あまり明快なメッセージを持つ歌にしたくなかったからです。あの歌が悲しみを歌うのか弔いを歌うのか、果たされなかった希望を歌うのか、聞いて下さる方の胸の内に委ねたいと思いました。そういった理由からです。

……余談ですが、良く「この歌詞を書いた作者(私)の意図は」とか、「正しい歌詞の意味は」と聞かれる事がありますが、私は歌詞における作者の意図とか、「正しい意味」には、それこそあまり意味はないと思っています。その歌を聴いて貴方の胸に浮かんだ解釈や、風景や思い、それこそが正しい歌詞の意味なのだと思っています。それが、もしどこか公式の場所で作詞家もしくは歌い手が述べた意味合いとは違っていたとしても、それでも尚貴方が感じたその感覚が一番正しいんですよ。

[translation from japanese by yuki.n and from greek to english by me]

yuki.n said that YK said:
(soft translation [not word by word])
I thought that male voice was fitting more, since with female voice it was too sweet at the end. I was searching for someone who has gentle voice and he (Kawase) was suggested to me, so I asked him to do this favour.
The reason why I didnt wrote the song in japanese is because the message I wanted to send with the song didnt wanted it to be too clear, I wanted it to be something between sorrow, funeral, and hope that didnt become real, I wanted the feeling created to depend on how the listener receives it.

There's no "right meaning" or "the feeling I want to send" in my lyrics, I want it to be analogical to the feelings that they create to each listener.

If you ever read an official interpretation from me or the vocalists that differs from what you felt, the right interpretetation is that one that you felt.

Back