What are you listening to right NOW?

That one Soukyuu no Fanfare live where everyone sang the song

I often let my youtube music autoplay decides which songs I'm gonna listen to while I'm doing my activities. It plays Soukyuu no Fanfare live really often that my sentiment to the song changed from I hate it to it's okay I guess. Is this what Stockholm syndrome feels like lmao

@ritarudandoo Soukyuu no Fanfare changed from "what is this" to a "guilty pleasure" song hehe. regardless of any critique I may have for swordland, I do find myself humming the melody wwaaaaayyy more listening to it.

I find my
@ritarudandoo Soukyuu no Fanfare changed from "what is this" to a "guilty pleasure" song hehe. regardless of any critique I may have for swordland, I do find myself humming the melody wwaaaaayyy more listening to it.
I myself sing the bridge a lot when I'm showering lol

Sarigiwa no Romantics - See Saw (I'm trying to memorize the lyrics now)

Everlasting Song live vol 9, I've gotta say it's the best version of that song up until now, not really sure if that will still be true since Everlasting song vol 19 is coming next month XD. It's my healing + meditating song + non-skippable OST.

not really sure if that will still be true since Everlasting song vol 19 is coming next month XD
Oooh but I think it doesn't have the Kajiurago intro. Can't beat that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAi_DSMa6lY

I am so happy this soundtrack is finally available.
I'd been listening to the 6track mobile release from niconico for almost 15 years... >_>

hirez on ototoy available internationally, if anyone cares.
That sounds lovely. I'mma listen to the soundtrack now. Is the movie gut?

Is the movie gut?
Unfortunately not.

First and foremost - it's a somewhat distracting disaster on the production side. They keep flipping between 2d animation and mid-2000s 3d cellshaded animation. Sometimes between the most random shots - it's not just for creature designs, or action scenes - they do it for every other wide shot of them walking. It's just not an enjoyable watch. I feel like even if they had made the whole movie cellshaded CG, it would've been easier to swallow than this mess.

Secondly - and I hate being this way - as someone familiar with the manga (before the movie was a thing even), I'd say the manga is way better.
But I may be in the minority of manga readers for saying this - the movie is NOT worse because they edited down/changed the story. I think they made the right choice to focus on what they did actually, particularly if all we were going to get was one movie. The manga is better because it has waaaay better action setups/setpieces. The cast, in my head at least, also has better characterizations in the manga (and that's not really because of altered backstories).

(Disclaimer: I've not seen the movie again or read the manga again since they first came out so I could be misremembering things.)

Last edited:
Prince of Persia the Lost Crown (Gareth Coker/Mentrix)... I'll be honest, love me some Gareth Coker, but after 10 minutes I removed all of his tracks from the playlist and just left the ones from Mentrix. Great choice. Great 80minute CD. :p

Yuki Kajiura Live vol.9, Japanese only concert

it's been years since the last time I watched this live, and omg Kajiura was really loud in her playing in Mizu no Akashi. Either it was because she was emotional/intentionally played it that way for the song or it was because Wakana was vocally awful because Kajiura played like she was pissed lmao... 2012 was Wakana at her lowest and I remember thinking she wasn't that bad back then... when in reality she was that bad XD

Last edited:
Back