H-el-ical aka Hikaru!!!

New digital single, Treasure, out now!
tumblr_8a9d31d0ec1a7be737c47ee2f96c3542_f0cd4df6_1280.jpg

Interesting. So you don't consider it repetitive or anything like that? Or structurally simple?
I don't consider the instrumental or Hikaru's performance grating to my ears, unlike previous songs (at least the ones that I'd checked).

When I want something more complex, I'll go listen to Bach or something. I think I'm going to start my posts with "Interesting" on a quote every time I have a different opinion and call out something for being "simple", too.

yea cloisteredflame, I try not to put things in people's mouths you know? the breadth of styles people like here is huge (and what makes Kajiura all the more Interesting)

I kinda liked it, in the first 40 seconds her voice sounds subdued for some reason and I don't feel too comfortable with Heyeeh hey sometimes lol. @grunty I like Hikaru songs a lot actually, I think it's worth checking them out.

Eh, I don't feel like they put anything in my mouth.

I got triggered into posting something negative about Hikaru when I am trying to be a good(old)boi and keep it to myself, when I don't have anything nice to say about things of no interest to me. *slaps self*

I try to keep myself in check these years.
But maybe I'm having a bad weekend, since I also said what I said about Choucho in that cover thread... I was fighting myself not to comment on it since the cover went live and it wasn't until everyone was being so positive that grumpy came out.

I feel you, I did the same in the see-saw thread but I always try to sprinkle some positivity in the end.

I don't consider the instrumental or Hikaru's performance grating to my ears, unlike previous songs (at least the ones that I'd checked).

When I want something more complex, I'll go listen to Bach or something. I think I'm going to start my posts with "Interesting" on a quote every time I have a different opinion and call out something for being "simple", too.
Cool!

I actually, personally, felt it was a little more ordinary-sounding than some of her other songs. The beginning riff sounded repetitive since it went for 4 bars only changing, and the song was less anisong and more like just a pop song. One of my favorites from her is still "Avaricia" from the H-el-ical days.

Hikaru's voice has really changed and isn't as strong as it used to be.

(Edit: meant to add "at the end", after the word "changing" in the 2nd paragraph)

I was just surprised by grunty's review and projecting what I was thinking after just listening to the song.

I'm still a Hikaru fan and just always feel sad that some fundamental technique issues are what held her (and to a lesser extent, Wakana) from reaching their full vocal/expressive potential in my personal opinion (with minimal background info on them).
yea cloisteredflame, I try not to put things in people's mouths you know? the breadth of styles people like here is huge (and what makes Kajiura all the more Interesting)

I kinda liked it, in the first 40 seconds her voice sounds subdued for some reason and I don't feel too comfortable with Heyeeh hey sometimes lol. @grunty I like Hikaru songs a lot actually, I think it's worth checking them out.'

Cool!

I actually, personally, felt it was a little more ordinary-sounding than some of her other songs. The beginning riff sounded repetitive since it went for 4 bars only changing, and the song was less anisong and more like just a pop song. One of my favorites from her is still "Avaricia" from the H-el-ical days.

Hikaru's voice has really changed and isn't as strong as it used to be.

(Edit: meant to add "at the end", after the word "changing" in the 2nd paragraph)
Avaricia ;___; my immediate favorite when it was released… tied with Splendore 🥹

There’s a video of “tour goods 2024” on her channel from two weeks ago, and it introduces a CD?? New album coming??

If it is a new album, then I hope it’s not a repeat of Keiko’s “CUTLERY”. Or, if it is, and the singles do happen to be on the album, then hopefully there would be fourteen songs total to make up for the seven singles.

Back