Vocalist Audition held for New FictionJunction Album

Nightmare

Yuki is lord of heaven and earth
They deleted the announcement cause the site not working but got the receipts :)

1638349597481.png

The supposedly website: https://highwaystar.co.jp/audition/kajiurayuki (not working)

Edit: okie official

https://twitter.com/YKajiura_staff/status/1465970673805717511
New Fictionjunction Album to be released 2022!
https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1465971668443344896Edit: sorry the release date was announced in the vocal audition info!

Vocal Audition Information: https://highwaystar.co.jp/news/20211201884/

Last edited:
Finally, new FJ album and it seems that it will be different to ES/Elemental! Time to get unreleased songs? LORD by Joelle and fairy game by shuri? Hype!!

While I'm excited for a new YK/FJ album, this also kinda reeks of Kajiura being "obliged" to working with someone signed up to Highway Star (as per audition rules) for another XYZ years once again.

Also, women up to 28 years old. Can't we get mature singers? :/

Reactions: aki
If anyone is aware, Kajiura always going back n' forth in studio this few weeks w/ the band which obv. is a "song". So I assume some of the songs in the album is already recorded. And shuri's tweet assuming also will not only participate fairy game in this album https://twitter.com/shuri_H_S/status/1465976948866584579 so we "probably" might hear her in harmony/solo? Please Kajiura I hope it's women audition cause you already had one of the song feat. male vocal please? Hmm should we check female artists in highway stars then so we can act surprised if she's included? lol

Hmm should we check female artists in highway stars then so we can act surprised if she's included? lol
That's not a bad idea.
Feels like they are all established artists that I knew for 15+ years though. Not sure they'd be linking them with Kajiura but who knows.

Nami Tamaki released 3 songs with Ozawa this year, too. The lead songs are very "old skool" (and by that I mean very 90s/00s) but, mixing quality aside, I really enjoy the b-side to Connect the Truth, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvSCRDqL7MU it's so cheesy

Edit:
I forgot, was shuri listed on Highway Star before now?

Edit:
last year @tamaki/ozawa, not this year

Last edited:
I wonder if they ll include "from the edge" in it too ? Since marketing-wise is still an FJ song.

If anyone is aware, Kajiura always going back n' forth in studio this few weeks w/ the band which obv. is a "song". So I assume some of the songs in the album is already recorded. And shuri's tweet assuming also will not only participate fairy game in this album https://twitter.com/shuri_H_S/status/1465976948866584579 so we "probably" might hear her in harmony/solo? Please Kajiura I hope it's women audition cause you already had one of the song feat. male vocal please? Hmm should we check female artists in highway stars then so we can act surprised if she's included? lol
You forgot the 4th term of participation:
・ Those who do not have a contract with a specific production, management, record company, music publisher, etc.

means that if they already have, they cant participate.

If they figure out all the legal workings... probably?

from the edge is Sony
fairy game is Lantis, presumably

We don't know if this album would be on JVC as pre-from-the-edge-FictionJunction or elsewhere.

Edit:
I forgot, was shuri listed on Highway Star before now?
Yes can vouch when shuri created her twitter she already had highway star in her bio :goodjob:

Oh right:

Kaori: Kajiura liked this tweet but doesn't much indicate her involvement since she will also release covers?/songs this dec. But she'll most likely part of it lolol
1638355416183.png

Keiko: November 13 met with Kajiura. No "business" reason for them to meet just for congratulatory 2nd album right Kajiura? :) And no announcement of lives so it's telling haha
https://twitter.com/KeikoStaff/status/1459332781893251076

I wonder if they ll include "from the edge" in it too ? Since marketing-wise is still an FJ song.

You forgot the 4th term of participation:
・ Those who do not have a contract with a specific production, management, record company, music publisher, etc.

means that if they already have, they cant participate.
I think you misunderstood my post?

Yes, they will release new album but doesn't mean all of the songs will be sung by new diva that will audition.
Let's assume 10 songs with 6 songs feat. Kaori/Keiko/Joelle/Yuriko 2 songs from highway star artist 2 songs from the new singer from the audition. This is pretty much I speculate.

As for 'from the edge/fairy game' publisher, they will probably "self-cover" it cause the singer from both sides on contract from the music publisher. Pretty sure they have clause on that contract when Kajiura already put the fictionjunction on it. Ready to put in album thingy :ohoho:

Anyway I have a feeling shuri will sing OP/ED anime produced by Kajiura?
Bet Junna will be included too?

Edit:
I think the only guarantee on this album should be 'fairy game' right?

Last edited:
Not if she picks a good and experienced one and not a 14 girl like last time. Not that age matters always. Kaori was 15 when she recorded dream scape and tsubasa for the ost.

Can't wait for kpopfication of Fictionjunction :ohoho::ohoho::ohoho::ohoho:

I mean the landscape of jpop nowadays is dominated by bg/gg so if they wanna go beyond it's the only chance lol but knowing Kajiura it will be on her pace...But she wanna try something new tho from what I heard so there's few expectations here and there. And the good thing is songs in this album will probably more into new than unreleased officially right?

I have no expecations. If it's nice, that's great. If it's more tracks in style of "from the edge" and "Shirogane", or the string arrange overbloat that were the original "Hana no Uta" and "Homura", I'll just shrug (hopefully without whining 2much).

But just say the limited edition will come with a Studio Live vol1reprise BluRay and you'll have my preorder. ;P

Really wonder why they need audition while they could get one of the existing vocalists to sing. I mean joelle hasnt had any song to herself beside the lives. Or is Yuriko thinking of retiring ? Btw she barely has any songs she is soloing too.

Plizchooseagoodsingerkajiura plizchooseagoodsingerkajiura

Well, this is exciting-ish. Would've preferred a new album with the current girls, but if the new girl is really good then I don't mind~ Though I wonder if she'll be separate from the girls, like Yuuka.

Really wonder why they need audition while they could get one of the existing vocalists to sing. I mean joelle hasnt had any song to herself beside the lives. Or is Yuriko thinking of retiring ? Btw she barely has any songs she is soloing too.
I think you are confused george. The audition is not about Kajiura technically but the company hiring new artist/s with her judging. Basically like:
Sony - Kalafina
Pony Canyon - Hinano
Highway Star- can sing probably lol

Ofc she will be added to the new album(Paid Kajiura for that) but after that she will be going solo most likely. Anyway this is why I said they need to research what music sells nowadays cause solo albums might fail so hard if no backing it up (Big artist collab/Anime tie-in etc.)

Edit: I just need untz pop like 'signal' and epic drama like 'koibito' Kajiura then it's a 10/10 already for me :plz:

Last edited:
Everyone's album announcement: "Hey look at the super line-up in my new album ready to be distributed"
Yuki Kajiura album announcement: "Album is not even recorded, Be my next line-up"
obelix-non.jpg

Despite being particularly impatient, I do accept a late release for this. Because most likely, we won't be able to travel to Japan for Vol.#17 so having this introduced in Vol.#18 would be ace. And wow, this means a NEW REGULAR SETLIST *_*

This being said, I have the feeling that it could be released right ahead of Vol.#17.
Because MAYBE "FictionJunction 2014-2020 LIVE 3" was delayed as "FictionJunction 2014-2021 LIVE 3" to intentionally include Vol.#16, as part of the old regular setlist. Or maybe the contracts to release BESTs have expired? UpdateMePlz

Having the new FictionJunction Album (late 2022) prior to Vol.#18 (mid 2023) would be a little bit late imo, considering
- "Everlasting Songs" and "elemental" released same year as Vol. about them;
- artists usually do lives to promote new albums

For those reasons, there's still possibilities for mid-2022 just before Vol.#17. And this could hint in its shadow a new Live Best album too.

no more original albums or even b-side songs…
Well, I forgot wonderland lol. But still a peanut compared to what she used to do.
Sometimes I like to be proven wrong. "forcing fate's hand"... 🙄

If next YK Lives they won't have LiSA as a special guest then for sure those collabs are just "business only" type then. Will be kinda sad cause 4 songs already and Aimer can go to her lives so no excuses now right?

I think you are confused george. The audition is not about Kajiura technically but the company hiring new artist/s with her judging. Basically like:
Sony - Kalafina
Pony Canyon - Hinano
Highway Star- can sing probably lol

Ofc she will be added to the new album(Paid Kajiura for that) but after that she will be going solo most likely. Anyway this is why I said they need to research what music sells nowadays cause solo albums might fail so hard if no backing it up (Big artist collab/Anime tie-in etc.)

Edit: I just need untz pop like 'signal' and epic drama like 'koibito' Kajiura then it's a 10/10 already for me :plz:
Oooh i thought she was to be added to FJ!

Oooh i thought she was to be added to FJ!
I really doubt the FJ line-up can change now cause of that spacecraft fiasco but still a possibility too. And I cannot confirm if they want 1 or more for audition but? I'm thinking they can only take 1 contract.
Think of it like flexible FJ YUUKA then. Will sing with Kajiura then FJ but will have solo career(not associated w/ Kajiura) with her real name possibly. AGAIN, this is what I understood in this situation so everything can happen but as what I shared on Keiko/Kaori tweet, I think FJ line-up still there new diva will be solo. SPECULAHH.

Anyway, I think I asked this before but forgot the answer but what music production does Highway Star mostly affiliated with? Cause possibly that's where the song with the new singer might go cause I really doubt they will debut new artist without tie-in lol.

Back