Wakana solo career

OMG I already preordered the BR, can't wait to hear another live version of Koi wa itsumo!!!!

Wakana's recent Magic Moment concert will be released on bluray on August.
Anyone know the set list?
Edit: NVM

[Title] Wakana Spring Live ~magic moment~ 2021
[Release Date] 2021/8/11
[Product Specification]
<Limited Edition> VIZL-1914 8,580
・Bonus content: Documentary, Photo Book (52 p), Sleevecase
<Regular Edition> VIXL-344 6,380
[Tracklist] ※Same for both editions
1.揺れる春
2.where
3.君だけのステージ
5.ひらり ひらり
6.夕焼け
7.アキノサクラ Acoustic ver.
8.myself
9.メロディー(玉置浩二 Cover)
10.元気を出して(竹内まりや Cover)
11.オレンジ
12.恋はいつも
13.Happy Hello Day
14.magic moment
《アンコール》
15.時を越える夜に
16.春を待つ(Kalafina Cover)
17.あとひとつ

HARU WO MATSU — was never a fan. Eh.

Why not more first album songs............

Last edited:
She performed her good songs way too early in the concert lol 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 14 are the best songs. Should've ditched those covers esp haru wo matsu and toki wo koeru yoru ni for the actual good songs from her first album like tsubasa, ruriiro no sora, yakusoku no yoake, and kinmokusei. maybe by now she could nail yakusoku no yoake and kinmokusei

WAIT I JUST REALIZED BREATHING ISNT ON THE SETLIST WTF
Hmm...
"breathing" always felt a little bit out of place when compared with the rest of the album. The instrumental is positively overwhelming, and I think standard band comp would not be able to do justice to the original.
Maybe they thought the same thus skipped it while arranging the setlist.

Hmm...
"breathing" always felt a little bit out of place when compared with the rest of the album. The instrumental is positively overwhelming, and I think standard band comp would not be able to do justice to the original.
Maybe they thought the same thus skipped it while arranging the setlist.
I agree it’s basically a bad extension of “eve” (is that what that song was called? Lmao). I found the 4x chorus to be annoying after a bit. It just felt a bit forced as a real song.
Nonetheless I still think it’s a bit odd to leave out the intro track to her new record for the live dedicated to said record :(

the live version released from the LE album definitely did sound underwhelming with live band compared to studio, but it was still cute.
M

it’s basically a bad extension of “eve” [...] felt a bit forced as a real song.
I admit my impression of "breathing" is that of an independent instrumental piece suitable for a Disney movie, with Wakana vocal added only as an extra. The live versions performed back in December 2019 were definitely nice, but ye, it certainly stood out as an oddball of an opening.

Still, I'm madly in love with the song, I'd give A LOT to ever see and hear it live with an orchestra and a choir.

I admit my impression of "breathing" is that of an independent instrumental piece suitable for a Disney movie, with Wakana vocal added only as an extra. The live versions performed back in December 2019 were definitely nice, but ye, it certainly stood out as an oddball of an opening.

Still, I'm madly in love with the song, I'd give A LOT to ever see and hear it live with an orchestra and a choir.
100% agree on the Disney LMAO that’s exactly how I would label it.

「Wakana Botanical Land Music Party Vol.2」(Day)
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Lo4y1X7Hm
1. Happy Hello Day
2. Ruriiro no Sora (день)
3.Hirari Hirari
4. 442
MC
5. Umi wo miteita gogo(cover 荒井由実/Yuming)
6. Ai no Katachi(cover Misia)
7. I have a dream(cover Kalafina)
8. Tsubasa
9. Koi wa Itsumo
Encore
10. Kinmokusei
11. Ato hitotsu(未发表的新歌)

Piano Takebe Satoshi
Acoustic gitar Ishinari Masato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMBJ1BJ1ag
DAMN that brief listen of 442......... I'M BLOWN AWAY.... great voice

and "myself", one of my most favorites from the album........... omg.........

Koi wa itsumo -- she really looks like she's enjoying herself and is more comfortable with the stage!

Happy Hello Day was always stupid to me but she sounds pretty good here.

"magic moment" -- what a PERFORMANCE!!! SUCH POWERFUL VOCALS from her

OK wtf I'm evening enjoying "toki wo koeru yoru ni"....

Wakana is really surprising me with this performance.

Last edited:
Blu-Ray finally shipped, a couple days more till I get it. To be frank I can't remember when was the last time I was so excited for the release.

@Atlas Star I'm extremely pleased how Wakana is continously and consistently accompanied by good musicians (Satoshi Takebe's nonchalant piano/keyboard is fire, the drummer and guitarist were part of the band for the Nakano Sun Plaza live in 2019 as well - the guitarist nailed Hard Rain back then). This time, again, they did splendid job. The arrangements are euphonious, as they never push Wakana's voice aside, but instead kind of "gently envelope" it.

+ 5 for the bassline, slightly more prominent than the studio versions. Koi wa itsumo, 442 and Happy Hello Day are the biggest beneficients of it I think.

And why you hate Happy Hello Day??? :cry:

Last edited:
@Sania i don’t hate it i just think it’s a stock happy cutesie song :D but the live is making me fall in love.

i was the same with “in your eyes”. The live version really did it for me and now it’s a favorite

my BD came!!!

few thoughts --

where- this was probably the only reason i ordered the BD… and i’m just speechless! the vocals sounded so good (ignoring the potential for studio magix) but i think she was anxious throughout the song because she barely smiled until the very end …. it’s a very low register song for her. I love the style of singing she added to it for the live

kimi dake no STAGE — ahh i promised myself i wouldn’t skip any songs … but this is just so unbearable… i made it. but i was very bored.

442- ahhh she did the intro so well!!!! this is one of her strong ones on here for sure

My blu-ray came too and I've got to say Wakana's performances were great overall and it's well worth the price imo. 442 is a delight to listen to and the climax of Toki wo Koeru Yoru Ni gives me music chills every time.

Watched the magic moment BD. potential studio magix aside, for the most part she sounded way more pleasant to the ears than she ever did with Kalafina since 2015, potentially even 2013/2014. Kalafina disbandment really did her good as a singer.

Definitely stronger vocals overall than her Kalafina days, magic moment was the best performance of the night. She surprised me, those were some powerful belts. She's definitely expanded her chest range and strength.

Myself was the other highlight. Wakana can finally phrase instead of singing everything in one tone (she suffered from singing everything forte in Kalafina). The acapella section to the swell at the end was A+, and this was a song I completely skipped on her album because the studio version is just so bland.

I would say, though, that Kalafina songs are just objectively more difficult. Between the instrumentation, the harmonies (and having to really focus to hear yourself) and the complex melodies, Wakana's solo songs are much easier to sing in general. She struggles with Kalafina songs if you listened to her recent birthday lives (Mirai and I have a dream), especially the Kajiurago parts where her falsetto completely falls apart, and she has a bad habit of not singing the last notes of every phrase.

But overall this BD was good. I do prefer the choice of cover songs on her first BD (Jidai and Kaze ni Naritai were such good songs), and she kept some blah songs like Kimi Dake no Stage and Toki wo Koeru. Where was struggle because I love the studio version, but this live one was more of a miss than a hit (she could've sang the aahs at least), but I enjoyed it.

If only her anime classics album had a BD release. Even the unedited version was pretty darn good.

Back