Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

Based on a camrip that's a recording of a recording (srsly), the first soundtrack was better, imo. Might change my mind once I can actually listen to the OST release.
-I beg you is one of the main motifs. It can be heard on the trailer that had the first sample of I beg you. It's the part before the twinkly bgm.
-Intro credits is once again Kasahara x Tokyo Konsei. It's a lot shorter though, and not as good as The flower will bloom.
-Believe instrumental.
-There's some brass, but pretty minimal.
-Only solo vocalist is Kasahara, and she only gets like two small parts. (excluding the reused songs from the previous movie).
Lots of strings though!
I think the whimsical tracks during Sakura's dream and the ones from the last scene were my favorites.

Thanks for the impressions @Kowz
Sounds boring unfortunately :(

Was the Kasahara intro a version of I beg you?

Also, were there any vn bgm arrangements?

Yeh. Like The flower will bloom it combines the two main motifs of the movie.

Nope. I read that it did during the rain scene, but it was Sakura's theme hue.
Thanks!

I can’t imagine Yuri doing an rock-opera version of I beg you so I’m actually looking forward to that, and I’m glad Kajiura didnt cave in and start doing vn bgm arrangements.

I can’t imagine Yuri doing an rock-opera version of I beg you so I’m actually looking forward to that
It's not rockish at all. It's slower than IBY.
and I’m glad Kajiura didnt cave in and start doing vn bgm arrangements.
I don't think it's up to her. Bretty sure the directors will ask her if they want her to arrange a VN track. She'll probably do Emiya in the next movie.

It's not rockish at all. It's slower than IBY.
Ah, still looking forward to it.
I don't think it's up to her. Bretty sure the directors will ask her if they want her to arrange a VN track. She'll probably do Emiya in the next movie.
All those swordland arrangements in Ordinal Scale's ost were her idea if I remember correctly. She put them in as fanservice. I figured she might do the same here and rearrange a few tracks from the vn seeing as how huge the fate franchise has become in these past few years. Emiya will probably get a remix, but she didn't do it for f/z so she might not do it here either.

I watched the cam rip

I think I actually enjoyed this ost a bit more than the first. There are a few too many repeat tracks, but I liked the horror sounds used during some of the more frightening scenes. They helped a lot in separating this movie from the f/z sound.

Battle tracks were decent, but I think Kajiura needs to take a long break from choral work; I didn’t really care for any of the choirs I heard and Kimetsu no yaiba pv doesn’t give me much hope for improvement.

Battle tracks were decent, but I think Kajiura needs to take a long break from choral work; I didn’t really care for any of the choirs I heard and Kimetsu no yaiba pv doesn’t give me much hope for improvement.
I don't think the choir is the problem, but rather the way she uses it. The choir chants the intro and ending of a piece. They rarely carry the piece anymore. And that's all they do. The rest is strings, with maybe a solo singer in the middle.
Also, the harmonies are so basic. She has written more complex or more developed harmonies for pop songs than for pieces with a SATB choir. Wtf!

But again, maybe I'l change my mind after I listen to the. I guess I expected more considering how delicious I beg you is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the choir is the problem, but rather the way she uses it. The choir chants the intro and ending of a piece. They rarely carry the piece anymore. And that's all they do. The rest is strings, with maybe a solo singer in the middle.
Also, the harmonies are so basic. She has written more complex or more developed harmonies for pop songs than for pieces with a SATB choir. Wtf!

But again, maybe I'l change my mind after I listen to the. I guess I expected more considering how delicious I beg you is.
I'm not equipped to do a technical breakdown, but everything you said sounds about similar to the problems I have with her choirs. On top of all that, I just don't like how slurred the singing sounds in recent uses. It could just be the lyrics or the mixing, but I never thought the singing was muddy in KnK, Tsubasa, or even F/Z.

but I never thought the singing was muddy in KnK, Tsubasa, or even F/Z.
Triggered! (lolz, kidding) I'm no expert either (so maybe we understand/use that word differently/wrong, too) but the original soundtracks for KNK are absolutely a mess. All of them. It's like someone put the reverb knob on WET 100% with 0 dry audio. And then on the Music Collection they sound far clearer. If they re-released the soundtracks as standalones with a new mix, I'd be all over them. (Then again, I probably would be even if they re-released the originals as standalones, lol. I'd also be all over a lossless 5.1 Blu-Ray OST release for all of KNK with the original 5.1 movie mix. ^^)

Takashi Koiwa (the mixing engineer responsible for all post-Tsubasa YK anime; all Kalafina songs too I think?) is such a mixed bag when it comes to his final products. And these days it feels like he has no vision in his mixing (particularly when it comes to the more orchestral recordings), just flat mixes it all down and calls it a day. The Kasahara tracks in presage flower OST are just mixing garbage (and mastering too).

At least NHK is smart enough to use their own people for their soundtracks. (Rekishi Hiwa, Hanako to Anne)

Kajiura's choirs usage never was impressive. Even in the Good Old Days(TM). Also justice for KNK7#M17.

PS. I did compile all of the soundtrack mixing/recording/mastering credits for posting sometime. Didn't have time to sit down on the non-Soundtrack stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary from glossing over dis thread; It turns out Kajiura Yuki is just some old fool who accidentally made some catchy tunes 18 years ago??

No she she was able to do them because she had more inspiration back then, she was possibly less lazy, and had less of autopilot options. It was the time she was discovering herself so she tried anything in composition, arrangement, lyrics, instruments use, languages (italian english latin german). Directors who let her compose freely also helped.

Now she has preset paths that she uses all the time: Strings, guitar on bridge, same sounding choirs, less diverse melodies,lyrics only in japanese or simplified kajiurago etc and now the directors ask for specific moods and tailor-made scenes. And she seems to be fine with it. Not to menthion that after Knk 1/5 of each soundtrack is sfx bgms which is i believe is related to her new approach that she shouldnt disturb the audience from the action which leads to OSTs with less instruments, and less vocals.

Last edited:
You're probably onto something there, Vyse. :) Don't know about the fool or accidental part... but yes... None of us are getting younger.

Going back to Takashi Koiwa delivering a mixed bag - just listen to Point Zero and the flower will bloom. He did both of them and the sound difference is perplexing IMHO.

Maybe if Heaven's Feel gets a standalone Music Collection he will upgrade the mix. Just wishful thinking (because I actually like the flower will bloom/she did not answer).

Back