Yuki Kajiura announced for Anime Expo Friday 6 July 2018

Thanks for sharing those Spirica Rose! I've been waiting for longer clips to show up. I'm so happy that they captured almost all of Hana no Uta. Hopefully more clips from Yuki's set appear.

Thanks Spirica!! These sound so much bettter (even those kinda bass-less) :) loved Hana no Uta. Sayuri was good too, very close to the CD ver.

Why did they bother bringing a violinist when the strings are obviously playback ? (no way a single violin can make this rich sound)

I'm pretty sure the single violin goes through an effect or acts as a midi controller or something to get that string section sound. I've noticed this on some of their other live videos.

Why did they bother bringing a violinist when the strings are obviously playback ? (no way a single violin can make this rich sound)

They've done that in literally every YKLive and Kalafina concerts, hue. The violin is playing along the playback strings. Sometimes it's audible, sometimes it's overpowered.

^ Thanks for the links!

I only seemed to notice this in Luminous Sword, but Kaori looked pretty lively there. I wonder if those who said she looked pretty bored in more recent YK lives (I'm probably guilty of this) would say the same in for this one (or YK Live vol.#14 for that matter).

While Key of the Twilight is my favorite of the YK songs, I'd have to say Hana no Uta and Lancer and Assasin sounded the best imo.

I’m so grateful to this person for taking and sharing these videos. Unfortunately, this seems to be the last of this set, so he/she doesn’t seem to be a hack sign fan.

Regarding boredom, I always thought Yuriko was the one who looked bored in the live videos, not Kaori, and I thought Yuriko was much more lively than usual here. But I’m sure Yuriko (same with Kaori) is never actually bored. She just has a mild-mannered stage presence.

^ I'm not sure if there was a consensus here or not, but I remember seeing that Yuriko was always more reserved in her actions, but compared to Kaori and Keiko, she and Wakana started moving more in later lives. Kaori definitely moved and expressed more in earlier lives. Overall imo Live vol.#2 and Live vol.#4 they looked to be having the most fun overall. Though it's possible a lot of it had to do with getting older and also not having a huge amount of variety in the setlists over time.

^ They dont have the same age. If the stuff she releases as Kaiida are the kind of music she enjoys, i can guess that lively music maybe makes her bored lol

Maybe a bit out of topic, but I feel that in live 14, Yuriko looks more relaxed with Joelle, while she's quite awkward being with Asuka. Joelle looks more mature than the other vocalists, but still younger than Yuriko. I don't know whether the more narrow age gap play some role here. @~@

Thanks for the link! After listening to the show from different sources, I definitely think Lancer and Assassin is where their voices blended together the best. Also, although I'm sad that Wakana and Keiko aren't among FJ as of this moment, I really do like Joelle. Hope we get an official FJ release of something with her in it someday.

Necrobump but the whole concert popped out on my YouTube Feed.
Yuriko was phenomenal, Joelle was also great but her voice is kinda like a cross between Emily Bindiger on her prime and Eri Itou and that makes her tone not exactly my favorite. She did great on Key of Twilight and the part she did on Yasashii Yoake, much better than Kaori's :p Kaori = the weakest link between all 3 of them. Very wobbly on Key of the Twilight and missed a lot of notes and being flat on longing.

Kajiura giving more part for Kaori to sing in Yasashii Yoake kinda showed favoritism as Kajiura almost always chose someone whose voice she liked more to sing a cover of her own songs than the actual capability to sing said song.

Maybe it's just the video I watched but I felt like the too much reverb on aimer's portion of the recording that gives the impression that she was flat the whole song. Not exactly a fan of her semi-shouting and dragging her voice on the chorus. My opinion stands still, she sounded like she's eating hot boiled potato while singing. I can't imagine sitting through a 2 hours concert listening to her voice, what a torture it would be.

As some of you might've deduced, part of the reason I necrobumped this thread is because I want to shittalk aimer more. I almost kinda feel bad because maybe she's a great person irl but no, listening to her voice makes me have unreasonable amount of hate towards her. Kinda sad and weird because I still listen to and very much liked Anata ni Deawanakereba aka the only listenable aimer song ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back