Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen thread

george1234

http://anilinkz.to/series/cardcaptor-sakura

So this is finally airing, and i got really nostalgic watching it. the design is exactly the same as it was in the old one. Do you think that if this is successful they might decide to continue Tsubasa ? If that happens do you think she is able to continue on the same uniqueness of the old osts ?

I think the music is quite fitting even though its not Kajiura's.

but why do they have modern phones ? ^^;

Last edited:
TRC is officially completed. I was following each chapter faithfully at a CLAMP fan forum years ago with such passion. Proud of those days, lol.

This new series is kinda weird for me. I read the manga first and it was boring imo that I didn't understand why it got an anime adaptation. The franchise is a popular one so that's probably why. The anime is pretty, but looking at it with my current age and situation everything feels a bit too cheesy. I'll stick around for nostalgia sake, but I hope I'm proven wrong. :3

This show is boring as watching paint dry. Really pretty paint. This problem plagued the 2nd season of the original CCS anime as well as other CLAMP anime like Magic Knight Rayearth S2. Some of their stories just don't suit anime at all due to the glacial pacing.

^ Ι watched all the previous series by skipping all the filler episodes which left around 30 plot episodes out of 70 in total and it felt fine to me :)

^ Ι watched all the previous series by skipping all the filler episodes which left around 30 plot episodes out of 70 in total and it felt fine to me :)

I don't know the diff between filler and plot since I didn't read da manga. I expect anime to be entertaining every damn episode does that make me kraze?

I don't know the diff between filler and plot since I didn't read da manga. I expect anime to be entertaining every damn episode does that make me kraze?
I think it's very relaxing, and the characters are very likable. The fact that they're actually very capable and intelligent makes it easy to root for them.

Of course, it's a really slow show, so I can imagine a lot of people wouldn't enjoy it. I mean, it's basically slice of life drama with occasional action sequences.

That's certainly a high expectation. Pretty dangerous, if I may say, because no series can keep that dynamic throughout all eps and it's going to burn you much. CCS is not a very intense series since the beginning anyway. I do think the anime is too long for its own good with unnecessary additions (Mei Ling being the worst of all imo). The manga is much better. Simple and lacking real serious situations, but straight to the point and beautifully drawn.

That's certainly a high expectation. Pretty dangerous, if I may say, because no series can keep that dynamic throughout all eps and it's going to burn you much. CCS is not a very intense series since the beginning anyway. I do think the anime is too long for its own good with unnecessary additions (Mei Ling being the worst of all imo). The manga is much better. Simple and lacking real serious situations, but straight to the point and beautifully drawn.

its not too much to ask tho. Cross Ange exists. ( ⌐■ ᗜ ■ )

Dont forget CCS is targetting a younger audience, and mainly girls too, it cant be action packed.

girls like relationships gossips and daily life, and its exactly what happens among Sakura Tomoyo Yukito Shaoran and the brother.

CrossAnge is for feminist / yuri fans of teen age and plus with some mecha thrown in to draw some guys too.

I dropped Cross Ange after watching the first 1-2 eps, I forgot. Not my type at all. I agree with @george1234 that the target audiences of both anime are different. CCS has always had this innocent and pure image in my eyes. That was the charm of the first series when I was still a kid. Nowadays, I do look for more plot substances in my entertainment, so this Clear Card arc falls short on that point as of now. Maybe we'll be proven wrong, we'll see. ;)

Weird how people took the Cross Ange comments seriously. In all seriousness though, I'm about to finish it right now. It was a trainwreck but actually pretty fun to watch.

Weird how people took the Cross Ange comments seriously. In all seriousness though, I'm about to finish it right now. It was a trainwreck but actually pretty fun to watch.
Haha, sorry about that. But I do know some people who like it, and you also found it somewhat fun to watch, while I simply don't. xD

Back to CCS: Clear Card, though... So boring omg. I dislike how the boys are hiding things from Sakura. There will always be some reasons why they do that, but isn't it more fun to do things together? Syaoran has been very useless since he returned. No action from Kero or Yue either. I don't know what kind of mystery is waiting for me and that's boring.

Don't bother watching it if its boring. When the season is over you can get the overview and batch download it and read the reviews anyway. I learned at some point to drop shows at the drop of a hat near the beginning of seasons based on gut reactions because some shows are just doubtworthy whereas some are just clearly captivating right upfront.

I learned at some point to drop shows at the drop of a hat near the beginning of seasons based on gut reactions because some shows are just doubtworthy whereas some are just clearly captivating right upfront.
Truth.
^ i liked Cross Ange too, and its soundtrack by Akiko Shikata too :)
Still waiting on that confirmation that she's doing Jushinki Pandora. It looks like a shitshow, too.

Back