Yuki Kajiura to compose for Zaregoto OVA

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
So pal (burucchi) just said Kajiura is supposedly doing this... Not seeing it confirmed anywhere so take it as a rumour.

Edit:
Okay, confirmed with audio. If someone could change the thread title.
http://zaregoto-series.com
zaregoto-series.com/audio/bgm.mp3

October 26 for first volume.

For more info:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-19/zaregoto-anime-project-is-ova-debuting-on-october-26/

Edit for more info:
According to amazon (via yaraon blog) this is the release schedule so we might wait for the OST for quite some time.
2016-10-26 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 1(完全生産限定版)
2016-11-30 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 2(完全生産限定版)
2016-12-28 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 3(完全生産限定版)
2017-01-25 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 4(完全生産限定版)
2017-02-22 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 5(完全生産限定版)
2017-03-29 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 6(完全生産限定版)
2017-04-26 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 7(完全生産限定版)
2017-05-24 ¥ 3,888 クビキリサイクル青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 8(完全生産限定版)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ just did.

by same old you mean it as good or bad thing ?

havent listened to solo violin for such a long tiiiiiiiiime

the tracks close to this style is either sandpiper intro, or sand dream :)

From my perspective, in this case, bad. ;p I mean, I kinda like the beat, the vocals (although holy shit repetitive much), and then the violin is like just about every other violin solo in Kajiura... Come on, Konno!

PS. Thanks.

Nothing like sandpiper to me but we can all hear whatever we want. ;p

Dude, I had that link in the first post since the second edit. ;p

i mean the style, not the melody :D

EDIT: So this is what were for all the recording studio pics she kept posting lately

Going by the Bluray title these 8 episodes seem to be only adapting Kubikiri Cycle - the first novel out of 9 for Zaregoto. So assuming this is successful, they make more and stick to Kajiura, she could be trapped in this Zaregoto world for a good while...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaregoto_Series#Novels

^ that's not necessarily bad if the music turns out good :D

yes novels turn out to be quite lengthy, see SAO.

on the other hand when something gets succesful they leave the OVAs and jump to TV anime, and most of the time they change composer then.

Last edited:
yeah the beat is good the vocals not bad but repetitive. the violin is not new but could go on to be nice.

if it is as long as sao....

(for now I will bury myself in the comfort of listening to grunty's rips of hokuto :) )

Doesn't sound at all like Sandpiper, but I like what I'm hearing. That beat is great, and finally more vocal work. Makes me think more of Kajiura's works from years ago rather than what we've had recently and, whilst not necessarily anything *new*, that's all fine by me.

That said I expect a considerable amount of the BGM to be pretty minimalist whilst NisiOisin throws a bunch of dialogue half the length of War & Peace into every conversation.

Great, I am looking forward to this! Backing to her previous style!
It's funny that information about goods is the first thing they put on anime websites.

Yaaay, I really need some new kajiurago!! Anyway, am I the only one who listen something like Hikaru's voice in the sample??? It really seems that to me..

Great, I am looking forward to this! Backing to her previous style!
It's funny that information about goods is the first thing they put on anime websites.
It's not that funny considering the goods section only has DVD/Blu-Ray info and this is how it's getting released... (It's not a TV anime.)
Anyway, am I the only one who listen something like Hikaru's voice in the sample??? It really seems that to me..
I'm hearing Hikaru as well.

Back