Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

Can you do dropbox for me George? Please? MF just does not want to work for me for some reason, and I hate chrome, since it has all the popups and ads and crap. So if you could be so kind, or if someone could again, thanks! Also it would be wonderful to hear Fion in another song since stone cold. heh I hope that's the case.

I just think there's a problem if after looping the song, all I can remember is the opening chorus. Heavenly blue was much more memorable than that.

Why the hell is Kajiura not doing her godly ballads. Just when I finally thought she has an ED to write for, she writes an OP for it.

... believe in the full song. The full song....

I must be the only one who liked heavenly blue. lol
Heavenly Blue wasn't bad. It was just too similar to to the beginning. In fact, that's the only problem I have with these songs. To the beginning was a pretty typical anime opening so heavenly blue and now believe are following.
Just when I finally thought she has a ED to write for, she writes an OP for it.
This is also a problem I have with Believe. It's an opening that's being used as an ending

@Liana_Ilia : in your email.

I am not expecting anything big from the full version, since its probably going to be like heavenly blue: This melody x 2 + bridge (hoping with Fion and e.guuitar this time) + once more that melody.

@Liana_Ilia : in your email.

I am not expecting anything big from the full version, since its probably going to be like heavenly blue: This melody x 2 + bridge (hoping with Fion and e.guuitar this time) + once more that melody.

BELIEVE!

...I'll go sleep now.

So lovely... my first impression is quite good. I feel like believe is going to be really nice. I'm waiting for a better quality and the full song now :) Anyway, I agree with you, it sounds more like an OP than an ED... \o/
Thank you for sharing! I guess the PV won't have many "action" in it, as usual... T^T
@Hatouchan : You're not the only one, I like heavenly blue too! ;)

But hey, I don't think that believe is "dark"... I was more thinking of the word "hope"... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the start of the song, but it gets too "kajiura-standard" (and by this I mean, like almost all these new songs) towards the chorus, and I absolutely agree with the ones who said that is similar to HB (which I like, but not that much).
I have hopes on the b-sides, though.

Hmm, I have a couple hours before I'll be giving it a listen, but all this 'it's like Heavenly Blue' makes me not want to. Heavenly Blue was kinda bad.

Hmm, OK it's not as bad as I was expecting. It's not all that great either, but it could well grow on me once a full version comes out. That sudden cut-off at the end weirds me out a little though, but that should hopefully not be an issue when it's complete.

I'm sorry... but WHAT THE...?

I was honestly very happy with the opening (Fion?) and the verse - they honestly sounded very cool, but then the pre-chorus came and my DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER flags went off... then came the flippin refrain... WHAT THE HECK, KAJIURA? I'm sorry, this is another heavenly blue, and I mean exactly another heavenly blue.

Have the exactly same feeling with grunty. The beginning sounds REALLY promising but then as the song goes I was like NO KAJIURA NO and when the chorus comes KAJIURA WHY. I'm not liking this. heavenly blue is still better than this imho because at least the melody line in heavenly blue is memorable even with its disjointedness- this is not. Now the hope goes to in every nothing and lapis. I really hope the other two song will deliver.

Reactions: aki
it's pretty bad. the beginning has some nice electronic touch but the rest is copy paste from hb, in fact many other songs. I'm sure if someone were to transcribe the notes from the music, we could see how similar hb, believe and others are. Don't lynch me Kalafina fans, but sometimes I feel as if Kalafina was a project to make money. This is only one of many examples where the pop genre fails musically but still effective in drawing in fans. Don't get me wrong, it's not as if I don't like Kalafina (I love Seventh Heaven which was probably onetime thing).

Hope there's at least some of that Kajiura magic on other songs in the single.

Back