Kalafina Best album

I just re-watch the LisAni live-4 performance and yes I really miss Hikaru's old voice. Her voice loses its clarity and she's really shaky in sprinter. I don't know why did she hold her voice like that. Was it because some people say that she's too nasal sometimes? I wouldn't mind her nasal voice as long as it's not as sharp as in 'in your eyes'. Keiko in seventh heaven is better than in 2012 Christmas live where she uses way too much staccato in her singing (I don't think it's high pitched, lol. Her voice is even deeper now than before because she's using her chest voice more). The drumming is sometimes way too loud. I think this performance where Wakana uses her pre-2012 voice the most, and it's really lovely. I still hate Sato's drumming in seventh heaven because it really butchers the evolving feeling of seventh heaven in recording version. tldr : the most enjoyable Wakana performance since 2012, Keiko is great (she needs to control her singing technique tho), Hikaru's voice has way too much edit and pls no more holding your voice, Hikaru-chan!

Well she does that in fairytale lives for some reason too, with the long sayonaras, I just listened to fairytale again and I like the recorded version where that's only a few seconds long (maybe because she doesn't, or can't sing it twice like that?). I like her singing in the rest of the song though. And I though you were supposed to sing with your core, which is kind of the area around your abs? That's what I heard though... I could be wrong.

TBH Lisani vol 4 is pretty weak compared to the media and TV recordings of their Paris concert! And yeah Sato's drumming kills seventh heaven :blood:

The Best Blue is now their best selling album (according to Oricon chart) with more than 40k copies sold. The Best Red has surpassed After Eden with around 36k copies sold, 2k copies behind Seventh Heaven. Well, according to a news their best albums has sold more than 100k copies (combined, most likely), then these albums are so far the best selling album by Kalafina. Congrats for the girls!

^I would assume that oricon does not account for digital sales? I reckon that they have quite a bit of sales through that, high res and all, thereby giving us that 100k number which, I believe, came from Sony themselves.

Oh, sorry, I looked for the information on the boards, but I didn't notice the newspost. :spotlight:

^ On the board, the info is in the "New Yuki Kajiura sheet music books" thread, maybe on the previous threads page :)

I, umm, dropped off the face of the earth for a long time, but here I am...

Anyone know if there's any place where I can still buy a new copy of "The Best Blue" with the live blu-ray? It seems to be sold out from CDJapan, YesAsia, and Amazon.

I thought it best to not buy from eBay/auctions, because I wanted to support Kalafina directly. I just really liked the Lisani videos (especially Seventh Heaven) that I saw. But thanks for letting me know; I've used FromJapan before, and perhaps I'll consider it. I'll have to see if my dwindling savings can support both versions...

^ Omedetou Kalafina!!! :cheer:

And this picture from that link above, so lovely :nosebleed:
f548a61975ca53.jpg

Back