Yuki's next project should be Story Tellers

Lorde-Kowz

I have reached Yuki nirvana
In an interview from 2003, Yuki said she would like to compose theme songs for her favorite novels and make an album with the novel's titles.

She recently released Works for Soundtrack and Fiction II, two personal albums, so something like Story Tellers should be possible.

Yeah, I've recently watched that interview and had the same thoughts! :XD: Such an album would be great :shy: :nosebleed: :dote: And her previous book-based work, "Velveteen Rabbit", was gorgeous (Hontou no Mono :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: ).

If she does that twitter session soon, we should ask her about the possibility of such a project. :ayashii: :plot:

you mean this? :XD:

OTHER-InterviewMBS20030901avi_snapshot_2005_20110404_191240.jpg

OTHER-InterviewMBS20030901avi_snapshot_2020_20110404_191754.jpg

^ this alone would do as an album:

The Happy Moomins – Tove Jansson

Yuki Kajiura's music based on a Moomin book... :TdT: :nosebleed: :dote:
I would also love to hear what she could compose to The Count of Monte Cristo or The Golden Apples of the Sun. :ayashii: :waii:

Arabian Nights

Huh, wait, doesn't she have a song with this title? Among the old unreleased ones? :ayashii: Maybe she had it in mind as well back then...
Although now she also has March, and I'm really not sure if it has anything to do with Hesse... :XD: (I've never read it, though, so I can't tell).

going offtopic... that interview is amazing in whole. And the part where she talks about her father is... :TdT: :cry: :orz:

Natsu no Ringo?

LOL, perhaps. :XD:
Actually, with so many titles emerging... it kinda starts making sense why she hasn't recorded Story Tellers. What if she just writes and releases these themes separately? :psst:

Yes she does, and apparently in that song is based the See-Saw song Kioku with changes of melody.

hard to say, imo... The rhythm and the overall feel is too different for the two songs, I fail to associate them. Although Kioku does have an obvious Eastern flavour to it. :dote:

Monte Cristo :shy: It could only turn out into a epic song.

C'mon, Yuki, what are you waiting for? :plot:

Back