Yuki Kajiura's Soundtracks [pre 2008]

@ grunty: thanks so much for the rips :D
i had a little hard time to figure out how that player works but managed it
I'm glad you managed to work it out.
M08 of Double Cast reminds me of Bad Apple from Tohou a little
https://youtu.be/9lNZ_Rnr7Jc?t=52
How in the heck did you get from Double Cast's M08 to Bad Apple!? It's making me wonder if it's playing correctly for you.
https://youtu.be/MT99jKHAOrc?t=55s <- is this the same as M01 for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Meforgot2. Shit happened. Having said that, I'm still going to make a BLOOD week post. (Ugh. Redoing the rip.)

BLOOD THE LAST VAMPIRE WEEK START!
Next week: Works for Soundtrack (CD1-2: Tokyo Kyoudai, Tsuki, RAINBOW)

You will need a player that supports PSF2 files. Read more on the Double Cast post. Original game filenames (v2's added for different files with the same filenames). Every track that has a loop is looped twice before fading out.

Anyways, here's my AFAIK complete rip:
Code:
https://mega.nz
!N9xRGTiR
!wLsgZ6lADnUra7CyFG6rLlgrmtN72Eyxo7HKo_DoVvw
The usual 'cpm' pass.
Calling @yuki.n , do those PSF2s work in the program george1234 mentioned?

I couldn't figure out how to get the modules from BLOOD's disc to work so, instead, I used modules from the DNAngel PS2 game. Seems to have worked well.

For those curious the PSP ports for Double Cast and BLOOD have transcoded music files (not sequenced/"midi" files like the originals). Double Cast's mix on those transcodes is probably closer to how it would sound on CD but they cut off at 16kHz unlike the PSF files so I didn't bother uploading (they are also ready to play if you have the games and vgmstream). What's more interesting is that BLOOD's transcodes have zero reverb. It's easy to do with PSF2 files but after checking a playthrough of the Playstation 2 version on youtube I deemed this to be inaccurate. I should probably also clarify that in all of my PSF rips (in this thread) reverb is set to one of the default presets available - it's not necessarily close to what it "should" be (good luck figuring that out to anyone who tries).

Edit: All 3 reuploaded with altered reverbs.

I r proud of myself. I figured out how to get the missing audio from the Playstation2 version. ^^ It was actually easier than I thought so I am kind of ashamed that I didn't have it done before the first upload. Will update as soon as I check if that's all the music there is.

Edit: Updated link. I converted the medley to FLAC to spare you from using another plugin (the original was interleaved PCM; using FLAC saved 30MB, too). I didn't include the ending song since it seemed exactly like the CD version (and not Kajiura, which doesn't change how good it is; if anyone really wants this ENDING for completions sake, just ask and I'll upload). There was no other music that I could find (other than distorted 10seconds of VM27 that I presume plays on the radio during the game).

@grunty I got a notification that you mentioned me in that post but I don't see anything :confu: Well, you probably edited it out, but now I'm curious :p

Oh! Yes they do :bow: I wonder why the forum took me to the other post :confu:
Glad that PSF2 work as well. I think I deleted the post once so possibly the forum didn't know what to do with your notification?

As for BLOOD... I don't remember what I thought about this game soundtrack back in the day but today it bores me to sleep TBH. The only tracks I see myself maybe revisiting are Saya, In the church/VM44, The Last Vampire/VM56 and VM11 (and the ED song but that's not Kajiura). In the gamerip it doesn't really help that it feels like every 2nd track is a version of another one that came before it. tldr: I'd rather go back to the previous two games and listen to those.

Oops--this was in relation to 'Kimagure Orange Road'---you've all moved on from there....Have only watched the movie, so am unsure whether or not our hero picked the best girl or not; fact of the matter is, I watched it for the soundtrack, which I felt was a good one--appropriate for the material, and shows Kajiura-sensei's ability to write memorable melodies: I don't regret shelling out 100 bucks for the CD, let me put it that way. I especially like Track 3 , and Track 15 makes me think of something Tangerine Dream might do--and at 6 and a half minutes, there's more to love, isn't there...?

WORKS FOR SOUNDTRACK WEEK START! feat. Tokyo Kyoudai, Tsuki, RAINBOW
AKA the catch up week before ?shit everyone knows and loves?

Oops--this was in relation to 'Kimagure Orange Road'---you've all moved on from there....
Really doesn't matter. Like I said before I think the weekly format was just supposed to add some focus, not enslave discussions. Maybe I'll put it in the first post.

As for KOR... From the popular vote it seems he picked the Best Girl (TM). I thought they were worthy of eachother after finishing the Shin movie. One being a player, the other - a stupid girl. lol.

Back