Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#9

Re:

george1234 said:
^ Keep in mind that this live was streamed, so not post-processed like the other lives out of DVDs you talked about, so its natural for them to sound less good than in these releases :) But I agree that the fact the FJ performs only twice per year doesn't help them to synch perfectly.

This explains so much. I originally saw "Stone Cold" live a couple weeks ago and I was surprised at how relatively weak it sounded compared to some of their other releases. With this info, I at least have some context about why the Vol. 9 stuff isn't up to par like, let's say, the Vol. 4 stuff.

I do agree, though, based on experience, that there is a MAJOR difference between watching a video performance and actually being there in the room. There's a certain aura about having the vocalists and band on stage right in front of you singing through God-knows how many watts of power that really changes the perspective. There are really very, very few bands that can bring that sort of energy into a video of the same performance... and while FJ is quite talented, I don't think they've quite reached that level yet.

With that said, though, I still think that more live FJ, streamed or processed, can only be a good thing. I'd much rather watch a live performance like this than sit through a music video.

Having seen FictionJunction live I can't confirm that they sound less good in reality than on CD. I think there is a big difference between how live performances sound recorded and when you're actually listening to them. Sure, there is the possibility that they did have a bad day, but personally I believe it's more a recording issue. They sounded wonderful when I saw them, anyway (only materialize was really bad, but I think you can hear that even on the live CD).

tumblr_maznbc776L1rris6yo2_400.jpg

tumblr_maznbc776L1rris6yo1_400.jpg

tumblr_maznbc776L1rris6yo4_400.jpg

tumblr_maznbc776L1rris6yo3_400.jpg

Murrue-san, arigatou~ :sohappy:

nee nee, Yuriko was more beautiful there, deshou? i think curly hair suits her more, like her appearance in Stone Cold too :shy:
and Keiko... Mr/Ms Cameraman was so smart to take Keiko's picture in that angle. i mean, Keiko's weird big white cliphair isn't fullviewed :XD:

~mana~ said:
And when we look at the new dresses... don't you think that FJ's newest dress style is more like the that of Kalafina's ? And TTB isn't more like FJ's style ? As if they're getting closer to each other :D Tho composer is always Yuki-sama but dunno
FJ's dresses in those photos and Kalafina's dresses in Hikaru Furu... i think you are right .__.

Didn't know that Aira Yuhki is FictionJunction Asuka oO Else Yuki says that this time was a "sadistic live", because the band had to play for 3 days in a row and remember about 60 songs. Especially the second day, during which they played only instrumental songs, was like a big adventure for them, since they didn't know how the audience would react. Therefore she was very touched and grateful when at the end there was a standing ovation.
She is also happy that Hanae Tomaru performed lotus, since Yuki originally wrote that song to fit Tomaru's voice. And she's content that eternal blue finally got the possibility to be released on CD.

Wakana was amazed that dinosaurs had feathers. Keiko sang two of Kalafina's songs at her sister's wedding. At this Kajiura got really worried because Kalafina has so many sad songs. Two of the band members have recently become fathers. Among her compositions the song that Kajiura thinks she'll always like hearing is "Sweet Song".

^Thanks for the translation. Wow, I would love Keiko to come to my wedding and sing for me. Or Kalafina, or FJ and Yuki... ahhh that would be my dream wedding. But probably not going to happen. That is cool though.

Thank you for giving the summary of the interview, minikui. :shy:

Liked the bit that Wakana was amazed of dinosaurs having feathers. :ayashii:

Wakana was amazed that dinosaurs had feathers. Keiko sang two of Kalafina's songs at her sister's wedding
wow wow :sohappy:

Liana_Ilia wrote: Wow, I would love Keiko to come to my wedding and sing for me. Or Kalafina, or FJ and Yuki... ahhh that would be my dream wedding. But probably not going to happen. That is cool though.
I would love too :dote: :dote:

Re:

Kugayama said:
/me wants Nimsaj to post a review of concert #3 (-:

sorry kuga! i've been soo busy with school and work that i've forgotten to write one. but i promise i will by sunday japan time =) thank you once again :shy:

Konno?!!!!! :white: :white: :vortex:

Could anyone tell me exactly which of the band members are married, then? :confu:

Back