Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#9

Video recording for Live Vol.#9 Shibuko Special confirmed. :sohappy:

Release date: February 20, 2013

But...

Blu-ray Price: 8,085 yen
DVD Price: 6,300 yen

:blood:

Kyo-sama: this concert made my preference for Masuke grow. I don't really hate Kyo-sama; when he wants, he delivers a powerful drumming, and gives real punch to the songs. But when he's not up to it, all I can hear are cymbals. Cymbals and cymbals all along. Also, he tend to just keep the same beat, without conductin the song through its dynamics. Ah, I don't even know if this makes sense. Bloody language barrier :desksweat:

I was browsing the old threads and found this. This sums up exactly why I much prefer Nozaki over Sato. Sato played the drum just for the sake of keeping up the beat/rhythm of the song and he almost never followed the dynamics of the song. For example, as the song progressed Nozaki's drumming always evolved to the point he always rocked the song on the final chorus and his drumming packed more "ooomph" and you can feel and hear the song climaxing. The same thing couldn't be said for Sato's drumming. Sato's drumming just tend to be loud, as in he punched the hell out of the drums but they didn't do anything but being loud because there's no dynamics at all, other than the drumming became louder and louder.

I was browsing the old threads and found this. This sums up exactly why I much prefer Nozaki over Sato. Sato played the drum just for the sake of keeping up the beat/rhythm of the song and he almost never followed the dynamics of the song. For example, as the song progressed Nozaki's drumming always evolved to the point he always rocked the song on the final chorus and his drumming packed more "ooomph" and you can feel and hear the song climaxing. The same thing couldn't be said for Sato's drumming. Sato's drumming just tend to be loud, as in he punched the hell out of the drums but they didn't do anything but being loud because there's no dynamics at all, other than the drumming became louder and louder.
Yeah I fucking hate the percussion in "ring your bell" live cus of his ass

Back