Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#21 2025年7月26日-8月24日

Kugayama

https://fictionjunction.com/information/11679/

(Google translate)

(2024/08/03)
LIVE Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#21 開催決定‼
Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#21 has been confirmed to be held!
Please check the schedule below.

【schedule】

Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#21

2025.07.26(Sat) NHK Osaka Hall, Osaka

2025.07.27(Sun) NHK Osaka Hall, Osaka

2025.08.01(Fri) Showa Women's University Hitomi Memorial Hall, Tokyo

2025.08.02(Sat) Showa Women's University Hitomi Memorial Hall, Tokyo

2025.08.10(Sun) Orchard Hall, Tokyo ※Soundtrack Special

2025.08.11 (Monthly Holiday) Orchard Hall, Tokyo ※Soundtrack Special

2025.08.16(Sat) Aichi PORTBASE

2025.08.17(Sun) Aichi PORTBASE

2025.08.23(Sat) Saitama, Omiya Sonic City Large Hall

2025.08.24(Sun) Saitama, Omiya Sonic City Large Hall

We will inform you of the details as soon as they are decided!

looking forward to!

Cool. 5 weekends in a row at different locations, with 2 concerts per location.

Guess it's worth to single these two out:

2025.08.10(日)東京・オーチャードホール ※Soundtrack Special
2025.08.11(月・祝)
東京・オーチャードホール ※Soundtrack Special

Cool. 5 weekends in a row at different locations, with 2 concerts per location.

Guess it's worth to single these two out:

2025.08.10(日)東京・オーチャードホール ※Soundtrack Special
2025.08.11(月・祝)東京・オーチャードホール ※Soundtrack Special
More soundtrack special... Ahhh. I'm longing to see guest vocalists here, hopefully we will see Yuri Kasahara and Eri Itou here.

Except no new anime 😅 hoping this 1 year gap means there will be some announcements soon ?
I would imagine some of the existing anime franchises would eventually be bringing her in for additional work so we'll hear of something sooner than later.

The good thing about writing for anime you've composed for before, is that you can create variations on pre-existing themes, so there's less pure creative work and more adaptation and furthering the maturity of characters.

I've heard it suggested that her incessant Kalafina work led to some staleness in her repertoire, because she was always composing during those years. I would actually like to hear some more music that is not tied to any anime, but interesting story worlds (which books as well as good manga can provide) seem to be a rich and constant source of inspiration for her.

So, let's hope she finds some really strange and fascinating stories to read soon (manga or not) to inspire new music!

ngl I want to hear Hanae take over "oblivious". Yes, the full song. And I want to hear her sing it like she would sing a Kajiurago track, NOT a pop song...
Omg this is a need. This would be amazing.

Some JP fans also expressed their interest in Kajiura to start shuffling songs to other vocalists because as much as they love Kajiura's music, YKL setlist isn't always fresh. According to them, it's unlike Kalafina lives who constantly released new albums/singles so their tour always felt "fresh".

To be fair from what I've seen it's partially because they feel like YKL#20 had too much Joelle. Like they want the English and Kajiurago songs not to be sung mostly by her as the main vocal. They praised her, some even used the phrase "she was mothering" but in Japanese lmao. Because a lot of Kajiura concert goers are the same people who went multiple times, I can see how people started to get kinda bored. The appeal of having 6 or 7 songstresses do kinda lost when only one of them get to sing the melody for 60% of the concert.

Well, Kajiura not keeping the live setlists fresh is something we basic consumers were always complaining about anyways... Are the concert goers only catching on now?

I don't think that equals to switching out singers... just include other songs and BGMs - there's a plenty to choose from... lol.
Like, does Keiko not want to sing Te to Te to Me to Me or lapis again in Kajiura lives? You really don't need Hikaru or Wakana for those...

I don't think that equals to switching out singers... just include other songs and BGMs - there's a plenty to choose from... lol.
Like, does Keiko not want to sing Te to Te to Me to Me or lapis again in Kajiura lives? You really don't need Hikaru or Wakana for those...
To be fair, she did perform “Te to Te to Me to Me” at her last solo live, so she might just want to keep those songs to herself lol. I do agree though; it’s quite silly how repetitive the setlists are.

And the last good refresh was after the covid pandemic. Why do they keep doing zodical sign so many years now ? I think "evocation" or "ship of fools" (for example) would work just as good.

I think one of the main reasons is she doesnt listen to her own music, so she probably forgot some of her musics even exist 😅.

Yes. As much as I like those songs, they are overdone. Mezame, Sign, stone cold. Endlessly from Tsubasa would be amazing too! Inca Rose, place of eternity and moonlight Fiesta come to mind also. And they could change the key for cowardly little dogs we lie. I can see Keiko getting into that one. And Ice Cream by Saeko Chiba.

And next year. Hmm. Time to win a million dollars in Vegas when I go in Sept. Lol

To be fair, she did perform “Te to Te to Me to Me” at her last solo live, so she might just want to keep those songs to herself lol. I do agree though; it’s quite silly how repetitive the setlists are.
I just threw examples that first came to my head. I'm sure a bigger Kalafina/FJ head could come up with other titles that don't feature Hikaru prominently. ^_^ (Since Hikaru still appears as a guest in YK lives I doubt they would go for songs she is leading.)

I don't really understand why Kajiura doesn't tap into that 100song Kalafina pool for lives. Would there be rights issues for non-single songs? But as you mentioned, Keiko has performed them in her own lives...

Well, Kajiura not keeping the live setlists fresh is something we basic consumers were always complaining about anyways... Are the concert goers only catching on now?

to be fair, the exact phrase the Japanese fans used was literally switching countries. They said that Kajiura has a set preference for Joelle to sing the English songs. Kajiura doesn't have that many English songs to begin with, so while Joelle sounds great, it gets kinda boring to just have her sing those songs.

Changing singers instead of performing different songs is a stupid idea.
If that's what they are suggesting (and with Joelle in particular), they can suck it.

With that said, YK absolutely could've skipped "fiction" from this tour considering the amount of English songs and considering vol17 got streamed and aired on TV. Maybe that would have eased the 2muchJoelle&English ?crowd?.

Why did we not get "das wandern" or some other shit for Yuriko?

Last edited:
I just threw examples that first came to my head. I'm sure a bigger Kalafina/FJ head could come up with other titles that don't feature Hikaru prominently. ^_^ (Since Hikaru still appears as a guest in YK lives I doubt they would go for songs she is leading.)

I don't really understand why Kajiura doesn't tap into that 100song Kalafina pool for lives. Would there be rights issues for non-single songs? But as you mentioned, Keiko has performed them in her own lives..
Probably not a rights issue. Hikaru also performs Kalafina songs in her own lives and she's a freelancer.

There aren't too many "Keiko-heavy" songs that wouldn't feature Wakana or Hikaru in some capacity (especially Hikaru, since that rules out almost all the rock/metal songs) but for songs Kajiura could easily perform with FJ without Hikaru:
- Oblivious. Imagine Yuriko here.
- Kimi Ga Hikari - probably Kaori firxxst chorus, Joelle second chorus
- Ashita no Keshiki
- Fairytale (Hikaru only has one line and does the high harmonies)
- Lacrimosa is probably out of the question since it's Wakana on lead the whole song
- Yami no Uta, Hikaru leads the chorus but I reckon Kaori could do a good job as a sub
- Magnolia
- Snow falling (or, better yet, snow is falling)
- Usumurasaki
- Symphonia (Hikaru isn't really prominent here anyway)
- Serenato, oh that would be gorgeous with Yuriko

Back