Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live (Blu-ray releases / Box set announced for May 29, 2024)

Few more days~
The journey that shifts our feelings and emotions like a rollercoaster from live 17 to 19 will be stamped on our memories. Hopefully, we will be able to witness some extraordinary renditions from these uta-himes. Can't wait to see it.

:comeback:
I'm gonna miss the live (via bili lol) because I'll be on a trip for some days since next saturday.

Oya. Did not connect that being with a guest when looking at the setlist.

TBH in that case I hope Point Zero is not a priority for them to keep over Liminality. Should there be cuts...

It's kind of wild that this will only be the second time after Dream Port that we are getting some decent Yuri Kasahara footage. I guess it's better than nothing but sucks it's only Point Zero and salva nos.
Idk what the world has gotten into the DVD distribution, I mean the company owns almost every live footage, and every guest vocalist has made an appearance at least once, but no Kasahara. Dream Port featured her, but her time and role were momentary, so I don't feel content at all (still epic XD). The only exception is the teaser for Composers Summit Concert 2018. We never see or hear from Kasahara again.
I bet Vol 19 Salva Nos shall be one of the greatest renditions of the song itself ever since Vol 2.

Last edited:
kinda nitpicking very very late but i really regret/not liking/almost hating how parade was the last song for the concert... in her 20th anniversary/YKL#10 she had all vocalists sang open your heart and now she chose parade ugh such an anticlimactic and sad/bad song for such a special concert

kinda nitpicking very very late but i really regret/not liking/almost hating how parade was the last song for the concert... in her 20th anniversary/YKL#10 she had all vocalists sang open your heart and now she chose parade ugh such an anticlimactic and sad/bad song for such a special concert
I love parade. It's the title of the new lives after all. I know not Kajifest but still. I guess if you don't like Joelle. But I think it is a very good ending song.

Also any news on it maybe coming to Bluray? I would think it would be announced by now. *sigh* I want it so bad.

Maybe they announce it during the TV airings? Or maybe not... We never got vol17 on bluray...

I was going to make a bingo card for what they could cut from DAY1 tv-airing but then I realized that all the music in the setlist is in fact very close to 2hours...
Of course there's probably going to be some MCs included and we know Revo got cut (unless it's going to be a surprise...)... but this airing still might be mostly complete...?

Pleaaase don't cut KAI or Liminality. -_-
Get rid of swordland if you have to make cuts. XD

I actually think Kaori has the power in her vocals that isn't used in Kajiura songs. Most of vol. 16 was just her overpowering the rest of FJ lol.

Just watch her performance in Sound Horizon (this one is still my favourite Kaori performance of all time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRBFtJg9JY

She's completely different from how she sings in FJ, with much more precise vocal control, and this one was from before she even joined FJ. 3:13 really shows off her power. This Koari is the same age as Lino and Rito but she was already much more vocally developed.
Kaori's quintessential vocal performance for me is "Miezaru Ude", especially this very performance you posted. I've been saying this any opportunity I get online, and recently also about the age-compared vocal capability of Kaori contrasted to the new girls (rito, LL), when you listen to their leads in FJ songs. In fact, I think Kaori was a bit of an anomaly for her age in Japan. There's no real record I've seen of her going to vocal schools like REMI, Yuriko Kaida, Joelle, but she holds her own quite well with any vocalists, often only missing a few refinements.

In SH, Kaori was on the stage regularly with vocalists like REMI, Rikki, Miki Masuda, Mari Endo, Haruka Shimotsuki, and so on. Singing songs with changing time signatures, complex melodies and nice harmonic arrangements barely just out of her teens.

With her experience and talent (and stage charisma, she often looked directly into the audience while singing), Kaori could easily have been even a part of Kalafina or any other vocal group. She's that good. There's a strength and wildness though to an aspect of her vocal that extends beyond the FJ musical structure and is more soloist (and seems to clash when she comes into it in FJ: the shouty belting with heavy vibrato) and maybe just needs to sit between some well-crafted heavier rock/metal instrumentation to really shine without reservation.

Not sure why her vocal pitch control seems to flag at times in FJ, from the earlier days. Maybe there was some post-production magic in the old SH versions we heard???

I actually think Kaori has the power in her vocals that isn't used in Kajiura songs. Most of vol. 16 was just her overpowering the rest of FJ lol.

Just watch her performance in Sound Horizon (this one is still my favourite Kaori performance of all time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRBFtJg9JY

She's completely different from how she sings in FJ, with much more precise vocal control, and this one was from before she even joined FJ. 3:13 really shows off her power. This Koari is the same age as Lino and Rito but she was already much more vocally developed.
https://youtu.be/8apjnPKjO9k?list=TLPQMjMwMjIwMjR_VnK605eTOQ - "Oda Kaori LIVE @ Connichi 2014"

Here's another video I just found. See how she commanded the audience from the beginning, not even shy one bit (even though it was a maybe 100% foreign audience). Belting, growling and almost blowing out her mic at some points when she went 100% power mode!

A reservoir of power vocal indeed!

Nice.
Too bad about Revo still not being included.

PS. No vol17 tokuten or separate release? :(

Edit2:
Jesus krist those prices. Are they nuts?

Back