Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live (Blu-ray releases / Box set announced for May 29, 2024)

What maters is the songs selection which wasnt bad and when it comes to guests Revo was from 2008 and Kokia from 1995, Kasahara and Yuriko also go way back to Noir, Eri Itou way back in 2004 with Tsubasa and Xenosaga. Emily Bindiger was only in .hack and 2 songs in xenosaga missing year and pandora hearts and last time she came to a YKL the community wasnt that pleased (she sounded much older than in the original recordings) maybe she invited her but couldnt come for reasons. YUUKA she performed with Kajiura last time in 2019 Flying Dog festival so i doubt they re in bad terms. Wakana you know her situation. So it wasnt "last 10 years" nor with guests nor with songs.

Last edited:
Revo was a very good guest, so properly. With their mix-live was a turning point in YKLives. So, yes, it was a good choice, again, I want watch the performance.
KOKIA is the start and the finish. Yep, poetically was perfect.

But you can’t deny that Chiaki was a big miss to celebrate her 30 years.
My point of view is that the guest list was incomplete. About the setlist, nothing special but I missed (again, to celebrate her 30 years) swimmer that is the very first song (it’s a pity that she will never cover it because she didn’t write the lyrics, like Anna ni issho…).

last time she came to a YKL the community wasnt that pleased (she sounded much older than in the original recordings)
Really? I didn’t remember bad critics…

YUUKA she performed with Kajiura last time in 2019 Flying Dog festival so i doubt they re in bad terms.
I can’t find the relation between this and the fact that she didn’t come to the live lol

Maybe there will be the opportunity for the new Gundam Seed song by See-Saw to be performed live?

From See-Saw Dream Field Live 2019 the main song missed was Slender Chameleon.

This. I can't believe there was no surprise Chiaki on either day. Maybe she was on tour around these dates.
I think Kugayama as a longtime Chiaki Ishikawa fan could confirm this but as far as I know she wasn't on tour. To be honest, if Kajiura ever had the inclination to invite her then they could've made arrangements for their upcoming schedules months before. Even aimer made time in her schedule for Kajifes 2023. Plus it's not like she was invited for Kajiura's 20th anniversary back in 2013 lol

AFAIC, Emily couldn’t handle some high notes anymore. Fake wings was kinda like a disaster. But her lower&middle note singing were still so good and really powerful. (The world was the best one so far, and the real live was far more impressive than the record we got from FJ live best 2.) However, I think that even at that live 10 years ago, she’s already not in her best condition as a singer anymore. And I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s already retired. She’s almost 70 years now…O___O.

Both days seem pretty good, though day 2 seems like the more enjoyable experience. My only complaints, just based on knowing the setlist:
-Day 1: Remi singing the same songs as always (No Historia 3, no HF, no newest SAO movie), and no MATERIALISE with glorious Kasahara! DOUSHITE! The rest seems kewl.
-Day 2: No complaints hue.
I really hope they don't cut any song from the broadcast, or if they do, they include it in the inevitable BD release.

Also, all that previous talk about she who shall not be named made me remember to thank the gods she was not a surprise guest. May it continue that way plox.

This is so, so wrong lol. Bright and dark sounds can complement each other. Keiko's buttery-smooth voice can blend with whoever she sings with, as long as there is effort to blend, which is not a problem with the current lineup. She had no problems blending with Yuriko on Canta per me and Himeboshi. No full duets with Joelle so far, but there were no problems when she sang low harmony for her like in Gaika, Beginning, and Parade. LiSA and Keiko didn't blend because LiSA didn't even try to fit the song's style (and no effort to blend), while Keiko did. They were on two completely different channels. And she didn't blend with May'n cuz she just plain sucks lol.
I didn't like Keiko with Yuriko lol. Keiko's low harmony stood out far too much and overpowered Yuriko. It could be mixing, but I'm more privy to tone and weight being the issue.

Same with Keiko and Joelle. It just doesn't blend well to my ears, where the intention of their harmony is to support the main melody. This is different to, let's say, Hikaru providing low harmony for Wakana, where the intention is to create and highlight that contrast between their voices.

Also, Wakana's voice post-Red Moon IS bright, so you're argument kinda falls apart. It's not always as bright as Joelle's pop mode (who can sing darker, ex LORD, some solo lives), but it can and has been in a good chunk of songs. Hikaru's voice is also bright, with dark Hikaru being the exception, not the norm. Soooo, Kalafina pretty much proves that Keiko can sing with bright voices.
Honestly, I think some Kalafans think harmonizing and blending with others is some mystical ability that only works when singing with people with the red ribbon of fate attached to their finger lol. It takes work, but it's not impossible, and the current girls most definitely can do it.
Keiko intentionally brightens the tone of her voice to match Hikaru when she's singing in her nasal tone (in your eyes is the most obvious example). Keiko also sings much more softly harmonising with light Hikaru than she would with Joelle or Yuriko.

I did say "overly" bright voices. Wakana's current voice is bright, but not in a "poppy" way that Joelle's brightness is similar to, likely because Joelle just leans headier in her mix.

People forget the idea of Kajifes is celebration of Kajiura's SOLO CAREER. I doubt inviting see-saw even on her list. I don't need to remind everyone the difference of SEE-SAW from her other projects cause most here knows them than I. :XD: Maybe you could argue that Revo is kinda on that situation but both composer contributed on music/lyrics. "What about the Kimetsu OST she did?" then they will be forced to sing see-saw songs and they obv. like to avoid that lol. If you ask me, I'll take original songs than yklives. I mostly seethe when I see them setlists(non-Kajifes ofc)

I didn't like Keiko with Yuriko lol
Same with Keiko and Joelle.
You don't like Joelle bright voice, you think Kaori is shouty, you think Yuriko has a "piercing" tone and chest voice lacks any sort of vocal weight. In comparison, you think Hikaru is versatile and Wakana has vocal weight. I AGREE 100%.

People forget the idea of Kajifes is celebration of Kajiura's SOLO CAREER.
then she can’t celebrate 30 years. It’s incongruous. She didn’t start her solo career in 1993.
And yes, Chiaki provided vocals for the main theme of Kimetsu no Yaiba. She can perform that theme and another one from See-Saw, what’s wrong with that?
I mean, Yuki can perform Obsession or Senya Ichiya with the FJ vocalist but not with Chiaki? 🤔

No, Chiaki is part of those 30years.

then she can’t celebrate 30 years. It’s incongruous. She didn’t start her solo career in 1993.
And yes, Chiaki provided vocals for the main theme of Kimetsu no Yaiba. She can perform that theme and another one from See-Saw, what’s wrong with that?
Then maybe Chiaki doesn't want to? Then if my guess if wrong that Kajiura wanted see-saw there and someone rejected the idea then you want Kajifes to cancel just for one person to not join?
I mean, Yuki can perform Obsession or Senya Ichiya with the FJ vocalist but not with Chiaki? 🤔
Look for music/lyrics/arrangement of that song compared to others.
No, Chiaki is part of those 30years.
No one is disagreeing with that. But I just think that Kajifes lives shouldn't be the idea of Kajiura career all thoughout. Isn't the new see-saw song technically a part of Kajifes celebration? The fact that both Kajiura and Chiaki agreed is a respect for each other.
And the fact that no KARA NO KYOUKAI on the setlist does not concern you? Because something will be announced too(probablyyy :groucho: )
And no LiSA as surprise guest when Homura gave them both reputation? Clash of sched but hey pseudo-KAjifes in Lisani!

LiSA had live dates for the 9th and 10th. It was almost impossible for her to be a guest at KajiFes

Understandable as I alr mentioned it in my post as clash of schedule. She even agreed to be part of "FJ" in Lisani even though she is more popular than the other performers means a lot lol. I think KOKIA should be the suppose surprise guest in Kajifes but they due to the timings of different factors(release of wfs2 before kajifes, movie pv needs to preview kokia, assuming but kajifes selling tix not that great-ik it was sold out last few days before the event) they need to announce it earlier......

Now allow meh:

@Nightmare you're being awfully confrontational and defensive XD

@Azokad's point and disappointment is valid. See-Saw is part of Kajiura's last 30 years. Chiaki would've been nice for this celebratory event.
Alas, she was not there, whatever reason it may be. Kajiura was also absolutely right to include See-Saw songs in the anniversary playlist, even without Chiaki. (And yes, obviously YK only chose songs with her own lyrics.)

As for moi... I'm glad I'm not passionate about lives anymore, lol.
If I'm being honest I don't even remember anything from vol17 beyond what I thought of Fena and Vanitas tracks. (And rito/LINOLEIA.)
I'mma wait for the TV edits of this KajiFes, say what I liked and didn't like (I'm still baffled how anyone could think LINO LEIA would be a good fit for cazador - but I'm open to being proven wrong) and move on. XD

Look for music/lyrics/arrangement of that song compared to others.
That’s what I said here. The most famous song of See-Saw never will be performed by Yuki without Chiaki because of the lyrics.

And the fact that no KARA NO KYOUKAI on the setlist does not concern you? Because something will be announced too(probablyyy :groucho: )
Well, if we get picky, she should include at least one song of every anime she worked on. But now you say… it was strange that (the acclaimed) sprinter wasn’t performed…

Then if my guess if wrong that Kajiura wanted see-saw there and someone rejected the idea then you want Kajifes to cancel just for one person to not join?
If YK wants to make 400 lives at year she can. YK can name those lives as she want. But if the name has any incongruity with the whole content, then the comments can be raised too. As I said the guest list is incomplete, IMO. But we can focus on the rest of the things and the rest of the things is better than nothing (because she could have performed this live just with FJ+LL+rito 💀).

Both days seem pretty good, though day 2 seems like the more enjoyable experience. My only complaints, just based on knowing the setlist:
-Day 1: Remi singing the same songs as always (No Historia 3, no HF, no newest SAO movie), and no MATERIALISE with glorious Kasahara! DOUSHITE! The rest seems kewl.
-Day 2: No complaints hue.
I really hope they don't cut any song from the broadcast, or if they do, they include it in the inevitable BD release.

Also, all that previous talk about she who shall not be named made me remember to thank the gods she was not a surprise guest. May it continue that way plox.

This is so, so wrong lol. Bright and dark sounds can complement each other. Keiko's buttery-smooth voice can blend with whoever she sings with, as long as there is effort to blend, which is not a problem with the current lineup. She had no problems blending with Yuriko on Canta per me and Himeboshi. No full duets with Joelle so far, but there were no problems when she sang low harmony for her like in Gaika, Beginning, and Parade. LiSA and Keiko didn't blend because LiSA didn't even try to fit the song's style (and no effort to blend), while Keiko did. They were on two completely different channels. And she didn't blend with May'n cuz she just plain sucks lol.
Also, Wakana's voice post-Red Moon IS bright, so you're argument kinda falls apart. It's not always as bright as Joelle's pop mode (who can sing darker, ex LORD, some solo lives), but it can and has been in a good chunk of songs. Hikaru's voice is also bright, with dark Hikaru being the exception, not the norm. Soooo, Kalafina pretty much proves that Keiko can sing with bright voices.
Honestly, I think some Kalafans think harmonizing and blending with others is some mystical ability that only works when singing with people with the red ribbon of fate attached to their finger lol. It takes work, but it's not impossible, and the current girls most definitely can do it.
Enjoying the conversation. Hello everyone~

Wakana's unique lead tone (and fluttery vibrato) on that moving melody of "Ring Your Bell (In the Silence)" was what held my attention, listening to Kalafina first (10th Anniversary live), when I had never heard the group before then! Ended up watching the entire live and video after video online, finding FictionJunction and the rest is history. Wakana has a very unique and compelling tone indeed, though Hikaru's my favorite overall personality (from connecting with her from "Hikaru no Senritsu" MV).

Back