Yuki Kajiura Blog translation: [08/03/10]

Kerahna

Administrator
from http://fictionjunction.cocolog-nifty.co ... _d023.html

The translation below is from a chinese translation posted at fiction-junction.cn

March 10, 2008
Kalafinaのお知らせ二つ

This is the second announcement regarding Kalafina.

First of all, they will be performing at the 4/29, 5/6, 5/15 Dream Port concerts. It's their first live show, so everyone please come and watch!

Also, on 2008/4/23
A Kalafina REMIX SINGLE will be relelased

the title will be [Re/Oblivious]
it will mostly be a remix/retake of the single "oblivious"

to be honest,
this is really interesting...
I apologize, this is the first time I made a REMIX? had some not so great...thoughts before (lol), but this is like re-roasting meat. No matter what, I still want to bring out some new songs. (okay okay) sorry. I tried, and it pretty fun. I'm a little bit addicted now. Maybe my single releases from now on will all be accompanied by a remix version. I think I've said something like this before.

So its like this, if we're talking about considering publishing a remix, this is the first time.
If we're talking about the first time trying to make one, very happy or not, dunno. deep thoughts deep thoughts.

Even though this is a first time experience,
if it's a REMIX, I want it to have my own style.
Something that only a REMIX can achieve, but what?
The answer to this question seems to be that the number of songs has increased, and three songs has become six (so I'd appreciate calling this a "mini album" rather than a "single"). The music bridge between two songs needs to have meaning, but still be short.
When three songs become six, there will be a very busy period of time, and my staff will surely say "this album is like making us commit suicide"

The first time trying a remix. A normal remix will focus on the rhythm. After a bit of thought, I decided that my remixes will be completely "melody mix".

So these three songs need to keep a part of their original style so that after you listen you will think "aah, so it can be like this too!". Compared to remix, the thought of using an interlude seems kind of redundant.

This time, I think of my [re/oblivious] remix as a game of shiritori
Where will the connections happen? Please wait and see!

ah, I'm really looking forward to this.
Every time I finish recording, there's always something in my heart that gives me a "this could be my last song" feeling.
But that would be very lonely, even though using the original songs I can fill a long awaited LIVE show, but I think the remix can bring the same joy. Maybe I'll perform the live show with these instead.

I don't want to be the only one waiting all the time, so everyone please wait with me for the show!
The first remix collection, might have some slightly unsatisfactory spots (finally being modest now) but if you can, please come and listen!

Now,
The Dream Port performers have all been announced.
And band members too. Added together, they make up a majority of the cast.

That was an announcement-style BLOG post.

So.
Decided to use the REMIX at the performance,
so now I have to get started preparing the live show!
I..I'll try my best!

-------------------------
The chinese translator also notes that Yuki overuses formal words, and speaks kind of strangely compared to normal people, and that this is very godly of her.

haha more yuki goodness! Its pretty cool how she will make melody remixes instead of rhythm ones. It's an interesting concept, and a different way of thinking from everyone else! Doesn't Yuki just stand out from everyone! :D

wooo this "album" will be the premiere of Yuki !! ("this album is like making us commit suicide" She uses the term "album" uhuhuhu)
I want to hear what she calls a "Remix" or "melody mix", because songs like Jr, Jr#2, presentiment Jr#3 and Jr#4 aren't they remixes ? Or the single Akatsuki no Kuruma, isn't it the remix of just one song ??? >.>
By the way I want to hear iiiiit, can't wait!
This single will be very unic, sold in limited version and moreover, performed in live ! I'll buy it ! I'll command it !!
or maybe it's a commercial tactics...

" "this could be my last song" feeling. " aaahhh don't think about it, I don't want iiit >___< a so sad thought...

"I don't want to be the only one waiting all the time, so everyone please wait with me for the show"
Yes I'll wait with you...but I'll wait for a recording of your performance T.T It has been a while I haven't seen herrr, what will she look like ? °w°

waaaa she speaks strangely ? waaaw OTL
haha anyway, when she speaks english, it's not that strange xD

shes so mysterious XD not telling us what to expect
is a melody remix going to be like...completely new melodies for all the songs?!

the .hack//EXTRA album is full of what I would consider remixes.. but of course yuki being a god probably has a much different idea O_O we shall see!

For her that's not a remix, it's just a different version of the song ^^
I'm really looking forward to what's a remix for her

Kerahna said:
shes so mysterious XD not telling us what to expect
is a melody remix going to be like...completely new melodies for all the songs?!

the .hack//EXTRA album is full of what I would consider remixes.. but of course yuki being a god probably has a much different idea O_O we shall see!

I think so too...
There are Aura evil, version, morganna tolerance version...
Canta Per Me 2, Salva Nos 2, Albedo 2...

Back