Yuki Kajiura at Lisani Live 2023年1月27日 KAORI, KEIKO, YURIKO KAIDA, Joelle, LiSA

Iunno.

I think I found the growl that Kowz mentioned but other than that (and maybe a couple of moments when audio does seem to follow her mic movements)... the vocal is very similar going by ear, from what I sampled. Breathing doesn't match up either between audio and video. Sus.

You may be right that it's not the album take. It's not something I'm going to waste time arguing, since it doesn't matter anyways.

Edit:
I played the two together. To me they're identical for the most part, lol. If they're actually not, then LiSA and whoever is editing the vocal are both masters at duplicating the album take live. Right down to hitting the same exact inflictions and vibratos.

Kinda shame, since there's no telling when they might be on stage together again.

Last edited:
This is legit the second time I listened to from the edge in its entirety ever since its first release back in 2019 lmao

At least in the first stanzas (the beginning and the one after the first chorus) LiSA sounds "live", her breathing and her voice furthering from the mic and some reaaaally mild growl at least can be heard in those parts. Tbh other than that it sounds like the audio editor just slapped the recording version and just added Keiko's isolated live vocals to it.

Keiko's nod to the main theme of KnY at the end was stunning (but I'm incredibly biased so what's new)

Last edited:
I dunno.about all these knowledge but i always like performance that isn't similar with the studio. At least to my ears 😅. That is also why i like FJ.

All I know is that they increased the volume of studio backing vocals during cry for the future part as I can clearly hear male vocals from fbm lol

Pretty solid performances, but I gotta ask... ASCA, JUNNA, Where was this energy in vol 19!? hue.
Right??? JUNNA especially was on fire here and I loved her two songs, the rock songs are right up my alley.

Was it just me or did Kaori sound like her voice deepened? Either through lowering her larynx the entire performance for some reason or compensating from other vocal issues (lowering your larynx helps reduce pain to an extent).

I was really curious so went to watch it.

An acoustic fan cover live of Fiction Junction, FJ YUUKA and Kalafina songs. Nice arrangements. Two vocalists. 4 strings. One guitar. One keyboard. No percussion. A drum beat track for some songs.

5:00 Starts with "Key of the Twilight". The lead vocal (lady) has a straight, light voice and not-bad English pronunciation!
23:00 More singing led by the male singer (some talking after 3 songs including instrumental).
29:25 Instrumental of "Contractor", then "Aleluia", etc.
43:15 More music.

Allowed it to play while I did other things (and came back to skip the talking).

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Tr42157Vi?p=1

Late to the party but I just watched the "stone cold" and "from the edge". I'm always pleased and thankful that we are assured of reliable vocals for all these songs on whatever stage FictionJunction shows up (home stage, LiSani, Animelo, Animagic, etc.). Yuriko really shone with her clear high belts and vibrato and the harmony of "stone cold" was really beautiful once again, especially on the home stretch.

LiSA's vocal did sound much fuller than she often does on lives. Since she's a tension-based singer you would expect more of those signs of strain at some points (it's just the way she sings), though she's been having vocal lessons for some time. Definitely there was editing but she sang live as well (as evidenced by previous comments here about sections of the audio), so I think it's fair to say she wasn't miming the whole song, if at all.

There might just have been a lot of editing to make it sound perfect. I am always ready though to hear the raw versions of these performances if they are available.

"from the edge" almost became a LiSA/KEIKO duet with the amount of sing-time KEIKO got, with Yuriko and Kaori being the backing vocalists.

7:15 Full-fat F3 note from Keiko. She leaned into her low notes.

Oh, also at 8:43 listen to the little change in tone color from LiSA as she went through her register break coming back unto the chorus (leading into the guitar solo). That was definitely not in the studio version. More evidence for her extended live singing in my opinion.

The little harmony parts added by the KEIKO, Kaori and Yuriko (especially during the guitar solo) were also lovely!

10:39 The lovely held notes by Yuriko and Kaori were sweet with Yuriko's vibrato at the end. Sweet!

Of course, the ethnic/world vocalizations by Keiko at the end were cool. I wish she went more piercing mask resonance (a la Yuriko) on the last note rather than swallowing it a bit for a (albeit shortened) dynamic swell at the end.

Back